It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars theory...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ok I was searching on the web, and I stumbled upon a theory on how life got on Earth... I would post the link but it has since been deleted by the writer... anyway this is what I managed to write down by hand from it...

Did we come from Mars?

Do you think there is life on Mars?
Well there isn't now but it is possible that there was, and that human beings originate from The Red Planet. As Mars was dying, and Earth was reforming after the Dinosaurs died out, could Aliens from the soon to be barren planet escaped to there nearest neighbor Earth?
Now as crazy at it may seem it may be possible, scientist estimate that around the time Mars was dying, is the same time Earth started swelling with the new species know as the Homo-Sapiens, and it has been proven that Mars was once very much like Earth...

So what do you think are we all Martians, or did we evolve from apes?

I personally think this person brought up a good point, and I also think he may be right... anyway go ahead and post away...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This kind of reminds me of that movie "Mission to Mars". haha...

Anyway, it's an interesting thought and I know I've heard this sort of idea before.

I think other occasions that I came across this sort of theory, it wasn't that Mars was dying... it was that the "humans" that were left on Earth were meant to be an experiment, or that they were criminals, or this or that... obviously I've come across a few.

I tend to think it's unlikely, but anything is possible, right? I mean, if old Mars and Earth are similar and they had the means to travel, why wouldn't they escape to Earth?

Hmm...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I can really belive that because arnt people thinking about moving to Mars now because of the whole global warming thing? If this really is true maybe that's how mars began to die because we made the same mistakes as were doing now

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting idea but the time line is off by a few gigayears. When the Dinosaurs began to die off, Mars was all ready devoid of atmosphere for quite some time. Dinosaurs died off 65 million years ago. As for Mars...

For the past 3.5 billion years, its conditions have been too harsh to sustain life as we know it. It became too cold and too dry for even the basic forms of life, microbes, to exist.

From another source:
IF MARS HAD LIFE, IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO, RESEARCHERS FIND

Perhaps the panspermia idea might fit better. Where primitive microbes from Mars were blasted off it's surface and found their way to Earth long long ago.

join