It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Playing Mass Effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think this game is absolutely brilliant. Granted, there ARE some occasional frame rate issues and graphical glitches, but overall this is an amazing game. The way they handle the interaction between characters is nothing short of brilliant.

JbT

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So far, so good.

Ive only played about an hour now. But the enviroment and Role Playing are pretty well done. Though, from time to time I find it a little tough to target people and items that are close - just an odd selection system, but not a major issue.

Its really like watch/playing a movie so far.

Im not sure the replay value is there myself. Probably just a one time play and then sell, for me.

Id give it a 8/10 so far. Nothing ground breaking at all. But done well.

cj6

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Brilliant...genius...are both understatements for this game. Mass Effect is absolutely incredible, best game EVER!!! Though it seems a little short if you don't play out the nifty side missions, I've actually beaten it twice already, both as male and female Shepards, and both play out differently. It's pretty funny to encounter certain characters as the female Shepard, and they totally hit on you...its hilarious!!! The minor glitches and framerate problems are too miniscule to really affect the brilliance of this masterpiece called Mass Effect! I'll be counting the days till Mass Effect 2!!!

I give it 9.5/10 only cuz there should have been more customize options!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My roomie is playing a renegade, and I am going for paragon. Just going through the Citidel the first time, our story arcs are playing out differently but building to the same conclussions.

"Skills for Chats agent! Skills for Chats!!!"

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have to say I am liking this game more than Assassin's Creed, I really like the combat in it. Awesome for an rpg :p

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The more I play this game the more I love it!

has there been any downloadable content released?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Heres my review for people that havent yet played it...

I recently purchased this game after wanting it for awhile and I have to say that I am completely satisified. If you have ever played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic you will instantly recognize the style of gameplay because definately takes many aspects of it.

The character developement and story line are amazing. Very in depth and it sucks you right in. You have the ability to go through your "codex", which is like an dictonary for the game, and read about things you have encountered in the game if you want to, but its not necessary. The ammount of time they took to detail and write background into everything is phenominal. There are several different alien races you encounter throughout the game, each one with its own rich history and belief systems.

The game allows you to control your main character as well as keep two squad members with you at all time. You build up an entire squad of 6 people and can choose which ones you want for particular missions. About 2 hours into the game you get your ship and can travel to various galaxies and each galaxy has multiple solar systems to choose from.

You can choose to become good or bad as the game progresses. You can build up your charm and intimidate skill to open new discussion choices as well.

The battle system is all real time, but you can pause the game to switch weapons and use abilities. Very much like KOTR did. Every character can use a sniper rifle, pistol, shotgun, and assult rifle. However, depending on the type of character (soldier, tech, pys) you can specialize more heavily in particular ones. Theres a large inventory of weapons and armor with an even larger inventory of add-ons and ammo. There are also special abilities you can build up as you gain levels.

I would reccomend it to any gamer thats a Star Wars fan or just a space junkie. The graphics and detail alone make the game a rental, but the storyline and character developement make this game a must have IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have this game for Xbox and have been playing it recently. It's really good, but I wish I had it for PC, because I really hate going through a dozen submenus to change weapons or something. (At least I'm hoping on the PC you can just press one button to get into some of that)

It's a great game, though. Excellent dialogue, great story, great gameplay. There's a few little annoying things here and there, but I'd rate it very highly, probably 9/10.

top topics

join