It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ahmadinejad offers to be an observer at US presidential election

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad offers to be an observer at US presidential election


www.guardian.co.uk

He denounces it as the "Great Satan" and frequently dismisses its power, but the overtures of the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to the US seem to grow ever more extravagant.
Having failed to win a response with an 18-page letter to President George Bush or to a request to visit the site of the September 11 2001 attack on New York, Ahmadinejad has offered himself as an observer in next year's presidential election.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The dingbat doesn't even know who is running. He thinks Bush is running for re-election.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hehe, the one part of the article that stands out to me is this:


Bush and international human rights groups voiced doubts about the legitimacy of Iran's 2005 presidential election, which brought Ahmadinejad to power.


Who's this Bush guy they're talking about. Can't be our president, because apparently he's questioning the legitimacy of a democratic election.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541
 


That Iranian election was about as legitimate as a three dollar bill. All women candidates were excluded, for one thing. It was a complete fraud.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just like the thousands of people who were disenfranchised in the US for having the wrong "last name", right? Or perhaps being a family member of a criminal?

If Iran's election wasn't valid, then the US election was a comedy act.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky
 


No comparison between Iran and the US.

Akbar Ganji, a prominent Iranian journalist-turned-dissident, and other pro-democracy activists have called for a boycott of the election, citing, among other reasons, the disqualification of all but eight candidates from the 1,014 who applied to the Guardian Council for consideration. The Guardian Council, an unelected body of hard-line clerics, has systematically excluded from the running those who are not already part of Iran's oppressive political establishment.

www.iranfocus.com...

You may defend that all night long. That is your right.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   


You may defend that all night long. That is your right.


And I do have the right, I'm Canadian. lol.

Tit for tat, they have the Guardian Council, the US has the Electoral College.
Separate functions, but they both screw with the elections just as much.

We can keep going all night.

Oh, and when was the last time you saw an average citizen actually being taken seriously when he wants to run in the US? Never... they have to be rich first, and it helps if your daddy was already president.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by johnsky]



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Unit541
 


That Iranian election was about as legitimate as a three dollar bill. All women candidates were excluded, for one thing. It was a complete fraud.


Same can be said about the last two U.S. elections.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by urbal]



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Actually in the US most members are eliminated from the race because of the political party primaries, not because of government interference. As proven by Ross Perot it difficult for a third party or independent candidate to go far, but legally can do so and can have influence outside the major parties. Iran's Guardian Council however is a government institution getting involved in politics.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Tit for tat, they have the Guardian Council, the US has the Electoral College.
Separate functions, but they both screw with the elections just as much.

We can keep going all night.

Yes, we could go all night. For example, I could point out the folly of comparing the Guardian Council with the Electoral College.



Originally posted by johnsky
Oh, and when was the last time you saw an average citizen actually being taken seriously when he wants to run in the US? Never... they have to be rich first, and it helps if your daddy was already president.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by johnsky]

That's not limited to the US, btw. Most industrialized countries are the same way.

What really bothers me about the US is that the candidates are really chosen by the RNC and DNC. They decide who is worthy to run. Worthy candidates such as Ron Paul are excluded in various ways.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Iran's Guardian Council however is a government institution getting involved in politics.

Worse yet, half of the GC are clerics. Nothing like mixing some good time religion in with your politics.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He needs to worry about the civil rights of the citizens of his own country and how they are treated before he starts worrying about how the US carries out its elections. What a freakin moron.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
He may be deceptive, but he's no moron.

He has ulterior reasons for offering himself as an observer... he expected the US to refuse his offer... and the US has. He's actually won exactly what he was after... I think I can see what he's plotting at... and no, it has nothing to do with war.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
He needs to worry about the civil rights of the citizens of his own country and how they are treated before he starts worrying about how the US carries out its elections. What a freakin moron.


And again, the same could be said about Bush. I mean hell, 100% of the other candidates in our last two elections were "disqualified" on the grounds that they were not George W. Bush.

Bush needs to worry about the civil rights of the citizens of his own country and how they are treated before he starts worrying about how Iran carries out it's elections. What a freakin moron.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Worse yet, half of the GC are clerics. Nothing like mixing some good time religion in with your politics.


Ever listen to even one of President Bush's speeches? Everything he's done since taking office, he's done because "God told him to".

My IQ is significantly lower for participating in this thread.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by jsobecky
Worse yet, half of the GC are clerics. Nothing like mixing some good time religion in with your politics.


Ever listen to even one of President Bush's speeches? Everything he's done since taking office, he's done because "God told him to".

My IQ is significantly lower for participating in this thread.

I think your affliction may be due to something else. Bush most certainly does not say "God told me to do it", as you suggest.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541
 



Originally posted by Unit541
Bush needs to worry about the civil rights of the citizens of his own country and how they are treated before he starts worrying about how Iran carries out it's elections. What a freakin moron.

It seems like you are unclear on the concept of this thread. Fyi, it's about Ahmadinejead wanting to monitor the upcoming US elections.



posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So, why does this bloke want to observe the next elections?

I think he's just trying to goad the U.S into a war they can't win.

Just to say, "Nuking" them does not count as victory. That's just stupid.



posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Whats wrong with our civil rights? Nothing in my life has changed in 34 years. i pretty much do the same stuff ive always done.

Try to do some of the things you take for granted in the US and do that in Iran and you'll understand about civil rights and how great Mr. Aksdhksjahad is.



posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Whats wrong with our civil rights? Nothing in my life has changed in 34 years. i pretty much do the same stuff ive always done.


When did your life and experiences become the bar? Just because you do not perceive any difference hardly means there is no difference.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join