It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASHBACK: As Halliburton CEO, Cheney Evaded U.S. Law To Do Business With Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

FLASHBACK: As Halliburton CEO, Cheney Evaded U.S. Law To Do Business With Iran

thinkprogress.org

What Cheney conveniently neglects to mention is that Halliburton evaded U.S. law in order to deal with Iran. The International Emergency Economic Powers Act authorizes the president to block transactions and freeze assets to deal with rogue nations. In 1995, President Clinton signed an executive order barring U.S. investment in Iran’s energy sector. To evade U.S. law, Halliburton set up an offshore subsidiary that engaged in dealings with Iran.

In 1996, Cheney blasted the Clinton administration
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is the man who is our Vice President. US sanctions didn't bother him at all he said in the article, when he was a CEO for Haliburton, that was something for the President to worry about, not him as a CEO of a private company.

So now with more sanctions against Iran being talked about, why should private companies respect these sanctions when the vice president of the USA wouldn't when he was working in the private sector?

And I quote from the article:

Q: You opposed unilateral sanctions on Iran when you were CEO of Halliburton.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I did.

That’s a whole set of considerations that a CEO doesn’t have to worry about, that a private company doesn’t have to worry about. But the President of the United States does.

Wasn't he a citizen of the US then? Why does he think he didn't have to worry about the sanctions? Why should any other US company respect the sanctions after hearing this?

Should US companies respect the sanctions?

Dick Cheney, some role model!

Do as I say, Not as I do!

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/11/07 by Keyhole]

new topics

join