It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Milk? - Maybe not after you read this!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You guys should do some reading regarding milk and Crohn's Disease. With over 2 million cases in the US alone, that means 1 in every 150 citizens suffer from this disease. Modern medicine calls it an autoimmune disorder, but private research has shown that milk and a virus called MAP that lives in cows may be the culprit.

I have this disease and from ages 4-20 I probably drank half a gallon of milk daily. Afterall I was raised to believe that it does a body good. I cut milk out of my diet and my symptoms have improved without taking my meds. Oh the irony.

As a side note I do drink soymilk (well chocolate anyways) and use regular soy milk for cooking. I've made a number of meals that call for milk in the recipe and replaced it with soymilk, everybody who had tried the food unknowingly says it tastes great, so soymilk it is for me. At least then I'm not drinking hormones.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by BluByWho]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Fortunately, I learned about the ill effects of milk many many years ago, and did not touch the stuff for about 15 years. The most noticeable difference to me was lack of congestion. But recently, because I have missed eating cereal SO much, I decided to try vanilla flavored soymilk, and must say, was pleasantly surprised at how close it tastes to cow's milk. At least it was close enough so that I can enjoy eating a bowl of cereal again.

But beware, many a debate rages over whether soymilk is any better ultimately. And I do seem to have more congestion on average, even though the soymilk is lactose free. But it is certainly nowhere near what it used to be when I was drinking cow's milk. If you haven't tried it, take a chance.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
when you think about it the notion of humans consuming milk from an other species is , well, rather strange. why would you want something intended for a baby cow? not to go off on a tangent, but what about eggs?why would you want to eat the unfertilized embryos of a chiken?.......(gotta go now, time for my breakfast of poached eggs and warm milk!)

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i love skim milk.. cant stand regular milk. but all other dairy products are fair game. damn i love cheese

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hmm.... I drink at least a gallon of Skim milk a day. I think anything above it tastes like cream, but anyhow... I love the stuff. I read somewhere, that when they were looking for a cause of Hodgkins Disease (Form of Lymphoma / Cancer). That milk may be a culprit in it. Strangely enough I was diagnosed with Hodgkins back in December of 2006. DId my chemo fight till June or July and 2 weeks of radiation on top of that. SO far so good is hasnt come back. I'll know more in Dcember this year on the 12th. So maybe it does have a link between the two of them

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
My 10th grade science teacher told my class once that when cows are milk, pus like stuff comes out along with the milk, and the FDA allows about 2 cups of this to go to our packaged milk that we all use. So we're not only drinking milk, we're drinking pus too. I don't know if that's true or not, but I haven't been able to drink milk since.

Guh.....ewwww groooossssss. 2 cups though for a gallon thats allot anyway. I don't think pasterizing would kill all of that. People used to milk cows by hand. But now with the machine think that it could injure the cows.
Perhaps taking the milk along with um other fluids.

ugh now I'm gonna be sick....

This is WHY I don't trust the FDA and neither should you.

Originally posted by lazywolf
When you think about it the notion of humans consuming milk from an other species is, well, rather strange. Why would you want to drink something intended for a baby calf?

Not to go off on a tangent, but what about eggs? Why would you want to eat the unfertilized embryos of a chicken?.......(gotta go now, time for my breakfast of poached eggs and warm milk!)

(Oi why do I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach?)

Thats a good question. Perhaps it wasn't intended for people to drink milk or eat eggs.

[edit on 10/15/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Really? I've been drinking milk since I could remember, and I still do. My bones are strong, and I'm kind of tall. I see no problem with milk, and I would like to see some more evidence concerning this "DUDE, DONT DRINK MILK IT'S COW PUS, MAN!" claim.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

You being tall and your bones being strong have absolutely nothing to do with drinking milk or eating dairy. No joke. You have very good genetics and I wouldn't attribute that to "drinking milk." There's a huge misconception about the needed amount of calcium: bone growth/height. Don't buy into it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
without getting into the debatable health aspects of milk vs soy - I switched to soy milk a few years ago, and havent looked back. I like the taste more than milk, and it doesnt leave a nasty film in your mouth.

Also, milk creates extra mucus, which is nasty.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by Hyzera

You being tall and your bones being strong have absolutely nothing to do with drinking milk or eating dairy. No joke. You have very good genetics and I wouldn't attribute that to "drinking milk." There's a huge misconception about the needed amount of calcium: bone growth/height. Don't buy into it.

Yes there are other good foods you can eat that has calcium in it.

Green Veggies!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefighter119

That's a lot of milk drinking.

Did you know that adds up to over 1380 calories? Are you able to burn that many calories per day without gaining a lot of weight?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is some info- Milk should have no more the 200 million parts of Somatic cells in a liter of milk. Hawaii has 67 million per a liter of milk.

www.rense.com...

www.notmilk.com...

www.milksucks.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I've always been kinda chunky, but thats ok, I attribute that to not gettin off my butt. Milk kinda an addiction to me. Sad, I know.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazywolf
when you think about it the notion of humans consuming milk from an other species is , well, rather strange. why would you want something intended for a baby cow? ...

I don't know if it's been said in the thread, but milk is only really productive and/or necessary when you are a developing child. Beyond the age you begin solid food, milk only gets worse for your body. Digestive enzymes and whatnot are lost as you begin to grow, making milk really only good for the vitamins and minerals it contains.

In this day and age, you can just take a daily multivitamin and not worry about drinking milk. I don't.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you for the comments everyone
I never thought this topic would generate such a discussion

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I drink alot of milk. I always have, and probably always will. Don't really like the notion of drinking a glassful of cowpuss, but hey I'm still kicking after all these years.

I'll never look at a milk moustache the same way again though.

Now buttermilk is really thick with chunks of stuff in it. I wonder if that's actually cow zits? Hmmmmmm.......... I wonder...........

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I don't know if it's been said in the thread, but milk is only really productive and/or necessary when you are a developing child. Beyond the age you begin solid food, milk only gets worse for your body. Digestive enzymes and whatnot are lost as you begin to grow, making milk really only good for the vitamins and minerals it contains.

That's what I told my doctor, but he just laughed and gave me the "you're not a doctor" look

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

What genius said that? I would have hurt some feelings if I got a hold of that one. Wow.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Informative thread, again questioning a staple in most first worlder's diet.... interesting stat on the link/first page about most people of the world don't even use/drink.

Between the hormones put into cows and Crohn's disease mentioned -- people are rarely thinking twice about their consumption habits and long term residual effects on their bodies.... milk (strange word, ain't it?) can lead to other long-term problems w/ your stomach and kidneys and should be replaced w/ either organic, rice or soy milk.

(Brown) rice milk is the best for you of the bunch; be careful of soy products, too much usage can lead to thyroid/kidney issues, which is why the Japanese try to limit intake to twice a week.

Ain't nothing like a cup of coffee & soy milk -- really sweet and I use no sugar! Recent studies have been proving coffee high in antioxidants, just stay away from those artificial sweeteners!

www.notmilk.com...

[edit on 6-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I came across this very interesting video about FoxNews and Milk. I am very proud of my Country for not following suit with the FDA on this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join