It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Milk? - Maybe not after you read this!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
Maybe because we are not supposed to digest non-human milk just as no other animal should digest another animals milk. Why can people not see this???

So?

Big deal. I eat Fritos and shouldn't, smoke, coffee, tea, beer, Pop-Tarts, . . . the list is ENDLESS.

Peanut butter and karo syrup! No one in their right mind should consume that. Once every three or so months I hog two bowls down.

NATURAL- live on grassy plains, eat uncooked insects, roots and grain stalks. Not me. Gimme an unnatural hot-dog with mustard and pickle relish
and
COKE

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If I had my own cow in the back paddock and I knew it ate the grass that wasn't sprayed with chemicals, then I would drink milk.

Today, this isn't the case - not only with milk but a lot of other products.

Dues to the almighty $, there are many companies (Monsanto etc) promoting products to the producers that give higher yields and, as such, higher revenue.

So, for now, I choose to drink Rice Milk.

My basic premise is that if chemicals are injected to an animal or if an animal is fed itself, they I stay WELL AWAY from it.

Bring back the good old days when a cow was a cow - not a scientifically engineered or chemically enhanced product for human consumption.

Cheers

JS

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
Did you actually read the whole article???? It does state that almost half of the world's population is lactose-intolerant and that the mechanism in the human body for lactose-tollerance is shut down by the age of 5 so why does this happen????

Maybe because we are not supposed to digest non-human milk just as no other animal should digest another animals milk. Why can people not see this???

Humans are omnivorous. We can eat what we like. Carnivores eat cows, why would they skip the utters and mammary glands? All manners of bodily fluid are nutritious and beneficial to carnivores. Ground bone in small amounts can help with ligament growth and healing. Marrow, blood, spinal fluid... all of these things can be eaten. In the wild, other carnivores don't eat the whole animal except for the mammary, why should we?

We eat eggs. Egg whites and yolks are the avions' counterpart to milk, though to be fair, no one can decide whether or not eggs are healthy... every other year "a new study comes out" saying something different.

"Maybe because we are not supposed to digest non-human milk just as no other animal should digest another animals milk"

Here is another list of things that "we are not supposed to digest".
Distilled drinks (including all kinds of alcohols), extracted substances (such as white sugar- molasses is much healthier, lecithin, etc.), hydrogenated (partially or not) oils, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, baking soda, or calcium phosphate), anything "high fructose", anything cooked, anything preserved, anything malted, PESTICIDES... just look at the ingredients for just about any non-organic food and you'll get the idea. Why, of all things, would people freak out about milk? It's one of the most natural and unadulterated food products that we eat. What do you suggest as an alternative, SODA?

Again, those who are lactose intolerant shouldn't drink milk. Just like some one who is alergic to peanuts should not eat peanuts... this isn't science, this is common sense.

There is a reason that milk and milk products are a part of our diet. Milk is cheap, easy to produce, we'll almost never have a shortage, and it's nutritious. When taking anti-biotics (another life saving thing that "we are not supposed to digest"), milk and yogurt are two of the very few foods that we can eat to promote the repopulation of healthy bacteria in our digestive tracts. Without milk, those on anti-biotics may not be able to digest their food as easily (and in some cases at all).

I'm sure that many of you have heard of some tribes in Africa whose diets are 80% a mixture of blood and milk. They don't even pasteurize the milk, they simply raise healthy cows.

What would you take to an alternate calcium source, Tums? Sure, but you don't take in as much calcium from Tums and they sure as heck don't taste as good.

Cheese, yogurt, milk, and other milk products have been used by countless cultures over countless millenia. If there was anything wrong with milk I can all but garuntee that it would have been isolated and eliminated from the human diet long before some silly doctor writes a bad "report" and posts it on his web site.

To those who will believe anything a doctor says just because he/she is a doctor, I say refine your method

-S

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I heard this one from someone in the milk industry:
They give cows special horomones to keep them making milk, and those horomone come out through the milk, so dinking milk is drinking horomones.
Also these horomone have been known to cause girls to get their periods earlier, like instead of 13-14, they get it age 9-10 depending on how much milk the girl drinks.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ask Dr. Cohen

www.notmilk.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I read a lot of posts in this (long) thread and I enjoyed most.

The truth is in the middle. There is no such thing as a perfect diet or a product. And, as some pointed out, we humans are indeed omnivors.

Milk isn't anymore toxic than a steak or an egg, or probably a piece of sushi. Yes, all these products either contain or have the potential to contain toxic crap.

I guess we could try purely organic veggies. However, there might be some side effects even there.

Remember, there are no foods specifically designed for us. We humans always ate what was available. Now we can make an educated choice. I would take a cup of milk over a hotdog or a bologna sandwich anytime! Now, these are really toxic... Just read the label.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My two cents on diet, since diet has come up.

My diet isn't perfect. I eat some junk, drink some beer, but I really have weeded a lot of junk out.

But those living the junk filled diet, I cann't say it's good, but that's your choice. I still have love for my junk food eating friends though.

A junk food diet is something like a media induced lie of fun and happiness, that pumps your body full of crap, and you "pay for it." "Eat junk food, it's fun, chicks with big boobs will dig you," you are told. "Pamela Anderson will give you a lap dance if you drink Coke." And to make some junk food worse, all kinds of stuff that shouldn't be in your body is added. Instead of milk, flour, eggs, yeast, sugar for cake, you have a whole list miscellaneous ingredients. Doritos has been giving you that "magical" MSG, and Healthy Choice has been giving you the "bliss" of nitrates and/or nirtrites just like the cheaper brands, so live it up, and eat like a king!

And when the "joy and happiness" of a second bypass surgery hits you, the junk food may not be so fun anymore.

I have spent weeks on taking the junk out of my diet and supplementing (not perfect, but better), and it does seem to make a difference. My hearing seems to be clearer for one thing. I'm listening to music I listened to years ago and now I seem to be pulling the words out. My body feels cleaner and better.

So, in closing, organic and unprocessed is the best, check your labels. You might not be able to eat perfect all the time, but I don't think that's the point. It's the overall diet that is important. Work toward eating real food that works for your body, and I think you could see a big difference.

Troy

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ok unpasturized milk is bad for you. Yes. Are we agreed that we feed cows other cows to make more meat??? (In the end result was mad cow disease).

Do we not use growth hormones and genetically alter plants all in the good name of "Profit" the devils sidekick.

Ok milk when pasturized properly will have significant health benefits and we like this but look at the hassle we go through to make it happen. What a useless waste of time, effort and money. Cows grow naturally and eat natural grass this is how they live, we kill the cow to eat and put in our living rooms, right??? What you don't realise is we play god with cows among others ALL in the name of Profits, margins, balances etc. etc. when in actual fact we can live pretty healthy lifestyles without some phycho Dr creating some new form of BSE because he decided feeding them on there own will make them bigger and produce more meat and will cost less money to employ. Now think of all the hormones and chemicals that are fed to cows to make them produce more milk, the homones are past down to the human food chain and inevitably get ingested by humans and people wonder why there is an increase in breast cancer (no offense to anyone intended).

Same goes for any other non-organic $hit.

Ok fair enough I'll admit I don't like eating all organic and really enjoy drinking coca-cola (lets not forget they used to put coc aine in coke until they got rumbled).

When it starts affecting everyone that is inducing this stuff we need to ask moral questions like, why don't other animals eat the mamory glands accept humans, do they know something we don't???

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
Ask Dr. Cohen

www.notmilk.com...

Cohen surely you jest and the site is just more propaganda from PETA nothing more.

Belly up to the Milk Bar boys and Girls I am buying because peta is lying.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
When I become a calf, then I will drink milk. Until then, forget it.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Meat is Bad. Meat is good.
Eggs are bad. Eggs are good.
Milk is Bad. Milk is good.
Pasta is bad. Pasta is good.
Everything is bad. Eat soy.

Round and round we go again.

here, the whole damn cow is bad for you :
LINK

Yes, I eat meat. (nice thick 2" sirlion!) YUM!
Yes, I drink milk. (Not tons, but some)
Yes, I eat eggs. (I've even used raw eggs in homemade ice cream!) Double no no!
Yes I eat pasta. (hmmm..made with milk and eggs)

ok, now that that is out of the way.
If it doesn't agree with you don't eat it.
If I got the squirts after drinking milk. I wouldn't drink milk. If I puked after eating eggs, eggs are out. Hmm...sounds like a plan.

As far as watching nature...that's about as silly as saying the space shuttle should flap it's wings like a bird.

We have evolved so far beyond every other species there is no way we can go back to primitive hunting and gathering.

Go out and try to catch and eat a raw goat while the wife collects some berries. good luck with it.

And I'll agree with some of the other folks, this guy sounds like he's mad at someone. Just ranting away.

I love my dairy, I like cheese, I like milk, I like cream in my coffee.
Yeah, I shop in Organic shops and hit the farmers market when I can, but not all the time.

If they ban milk and I have to find someway to make my favorite recipe for homemade bread with out it, I'm hunting you down...

-DT

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Derek Trance]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by kalki
Ask Dr. Cohen

www.notmilk.com...

Cohen surely you jest and the site is just more propaganda from PETA nothing more.

Belly up to the Milk Bar boys and Girls I am buying because peta is lying.

Cohen has nothing to do with PETA , unless you prove it to me.. So there's no point, just read the website for real. PETA's Campaing is this www.milksucks.com...

cheers!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We certainly do get a lot of contradictory information on food, that is for sure. I think that different people may require different foods. Foods affect people differently it seems.

Personally, I don't drink a lot of milk, maybe 1-3 cups a day, give or take. I'm not so sure un-pasteurized milk is bad, not from a healthy cow at least. These big strong farm boys who grew up on farms drank raw milk years ago before pasteurization.

We just get so many things added to our food anymore. I think this may be more likely the actual problem instead of blaming things like fat for health problems.

Troy

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Many of us drink and enjoy milk and it's products.... I'm leaft with the obvious question of "who the fuc|< cares? We've got bigger dietary issues at hand.... let's deal with them first maybe... ? If you're not a milk person, I 'm sure you're not a hotdog or processed food person... after all, most things in the American diet are provenly far worse than milk... of all things. Drink your milk and eat its products! It's probably one of the least harmful food that you meed to worrk about. Trust.
-S

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm a Colby cheese freak though. Love it!

Troy

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Interesting thread,mind if i bump this to the front page of this forum?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nevermind. Just caught the last post, that this is a bumped 1.5 year old thread (2.5 years since original post), of which the OP has not been active for well over a year - my reply was directed to the OP, and is now irrelevant.

Misfit

[edit on 2/10/06 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
milk? wanna know about snythetic growth factors? or freak amino acids?

then this is for you: www.lightparty.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Did you ever stop to think WHY humans would be drinking the breast milk of another animal? No other animal drinks breast milk after infancy, much less the breast milk of another animal! It's crazy! Milk is linked to several types of cancer, allergies, Alzheimer's disease, and much more. It's poison.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
well, it does beat drinking cow blood, doesn't it?

many varieties of food are more or less disgusting, many if not most sauages fall under that category, some cultures even eat insects... there's another reason to be sceptical of dairy products, though: see www.factoryfarming.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join