It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Milk? - Maybe not after you read this!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Plain and simple solution. Organic milk - no BGH, no infections (pus) caused by BGH, no anitbiotics and no questionable feed. I happen to drink a lot of milk, but switched to Organic (even Walmart has it now, but it's in my regular grocery) about 2 years ago.

Milk in it's unadulterated state is loaded with a substance called CLA which discourages the build up of abdominal fat. It (CLA) is reduced drastically not only by the typical adulteration of US milk but also by reducing the fat content. I drink only whole organic milk and tons of it. Same with yogurt and cheese - full fat the way nature intended it if it's organic. I used to have a gut no matter how thin I got unless I did abdominal exercises religiously. Now, at 44 it's not a problem, I weigh ten pounds more than I did 10 years ago and look 10 pounds thinner. Oh, and I used to be lactose intolerant, but I'm not anymore.

One other think I noticed about organic milk is it's expiration date. What I buy in the grocery has a sale by date of a month out and it doesn't go bad for quite some time after that (as oppossed to the milk I used to drink that seemed to self destruct on the date of the package). I accidentally left an unfinished glass out and it didn't rot till three days later. Try that with adulterated milk just over night and you won't miss it in the morning.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Soy Milk is the solution. It has 30% of a day's worth of calcium, tastes awesome (especially the flavoured ones) and doesn't come from some ambiguous bovine source.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I had this posted elsewhere and decided to join this discussion

Do you believe drinking milk is healthy? Think again.
Once more a multibillion-dollar industry has sold their myth to the American public.
No other species drinks milk beyond infancy except humans. No other species would drink the milk of a different species except humans.
For humans milk has been linked to heart disease, some cancers, diabetes and even osteoporosis, the very disease that the diary industry claims it is supposed to prevent!
According to Harvard Medical School, the high animal-protein contents of milk actually causes calcium to be leached from the body. Countries with low calcium intakes have lower incidences of hip fractures. (an indication of osteoporosis)
Milk is loaded with fat and cholesterol and contains an ever-increasing variety of pesticides and antibiotics fed to cows. You can get all the calcium you need from the plant world. Beans, grain, tofu, and broccoli are all good sources.

www.milksucks.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

But don't take my words for it, just read on the subject...
It's another conspiracy to keep the people sick.

Cereals tastes just as good with Soy milk

And this is a conspiricy that has been going on for thousands of years? Who is making us drink milk exactly?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
For those interested the Pediatrics Journal just released some interesting info about Milk and children.

Calcium, Dairy Products, and Bone Health in Children and Young Adults: A Reevaluation of the Evidence

Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD) search was conducted for studies published on the relationship between milk, dairy products, or calcium intake and bone mineralization or fracture risk in children and young...

However, you have to subscribe, I just may peruse my local library and see if I can pick up some info there, ya know?

pediatrics... .aappublications.org/cgi/search?sortspec=relevance&author1=&fulltext=milk&pubdate_year=2005&volume=&firstpage=

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Quite a few media sources covered the Pediatrics journal regarding the bogus claims of milk pushers.. ..

www.medformation.com... D85686256FC2001C021D

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
if given to a newborn human...it will develop diabetes !....well THERE'S A RINGING ENDORSEMENT if I ever heard one.

besides the RBGH , which will feed latent/live cancer cells, there is the milk protein, which has its' own set of problems.

I grew up as a cheese geek...american , cheddar , sharp cheddar , swiss , imported swiss , cheese on burgers , breakfast sandwiches with cheese , italian beefs with cheese n garlic , cheese pizzas , then cheese n sausage...etc, etc...

funny how, I NEVER EVER HAD A HINT OF ALLEGIES, TIL MY 30'S ! then they hit me like a freight train ! besides the seasonal itchy eyes , sneezing crap. I had a cpl of really weird ones ;
I started getting heartburn, from reeses peanut butter cups !
and heartburn from hotdogs !
now I've eaten plenty of PB CUPS and DOGS without ever getting heartburn til my 30's...so I gave them up...it just wasn't worth it.

I'm in my 50's now , and thru my 30's + I've heard comments about dairy being bad...but I never investigated it . til I read an article on milk and girls [ who developed too early ] and the website was ;

notmilk.com...

where my jaw dropped upon reading all the crap about this so-called FOOD that was SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD FOR US HUMANS ! buzz, NOT !

I'm not a father, but if I were , my kids [ while living at home ] would NEVER EVER EVER DRINK MILK IN MY HOME...and they'd also know about its' negative effects...and well, after they move out, ...that's their business...

oh yeah...so I stopped drinking milk , eating cottage cheese, having burgers with cheese , or italian beefs with cheese , and no breakfast sandwiches with cheese either....about 11 months later....I was getting new tires at costco , and I had some time to kill...the mechanic was raving about the hotdogs and I was hungry...it had been many many years since I had a hotdog...I remembered the heartburn...but for a dollar sixteen out the door with a drink...I couldn't pass it up. so here I am, I'm preparing myself for the dreaded heartburn...and there wasn't any ! I figgerd it was a fluke...and tried another one the following week...no heartburn...well , that's great...but I'm puzzeled as hell, cuz I tried all kinds of different kind of hotdogs before I quit eating them before, so I knew this was not just a fluke...but that something had changed...wtf was it ?
no dairy for 11 months...then I tried my peanut butter cups....no heartburn !

so out of quitting dairy completely for 11 months, then [ allowing myself a cpl mulligans ] here and there. I'm no longer allergic to hotdogs or peanut buttercups and the severity of my allergies has lessened

we are guinea pigs for big business...all they want is profits...our poor health can be fixed by their sister companies who make allergy medecines...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I grew up on a dairy farm & milked about 85 cows through High School.To this day I do not drink milk.Here is the kicker, I love to eat cottage cheese & block cheese, but I dislike milk very much. Maybe got something to do with milking cows for a long time.I drink a lot of Pepsi now.I bet if I knew how that was processed I probably wouldn't drink pop either.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I grew up on a dairy farm & milked about 85 cows through High School;quote from "Hermit"
Did you do this by hand or by machine?I better not go there,probably get banned. Milk is natural,i would rather drink this then anything else.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by silver wolverine]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by amantine
You could die from a lack of water.

Well, yeah, if subsisted on nothing but milk for a few days

Thats simply wrong, once I drink a gallon (sometimes more) a day for over 2 months with no water and I was fine, actually I felt great.
But now I try to regulate what I drink, now I drink about 1 gallon of milk, 1 gallon of orange juice and 1 gallon of water every day. I work out a lot, so thats why I can consume large amounts of food and liquids.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i used to drink a half gallon of milk everyday until i got into college and now my liquid diet consists of dr pepper and "other drinks".... when i go home fer summer ill go back to milk cuz its super good

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I just went to have a bowl of cereal, and after reading this, It almost made me sick. So then out of sheer bravery, I tried putting green iced tea in my frosted flakes. In short, I wouldn't reccomend it, it somehow gives me the distinct feeling that I just added urine to my cereal.... Maybe I'll go buy some soymilk...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok, I have many issues with this.

1. Everything you drink (including purified tap water) has the potential to be contaminated.

2. I am surprised at the amount of people in this thread who appeared to just have learned that milk is organic. Yes, milk will have organisms and bits of organisms in it including pus. Notice when you refer to pus as "white blood cells" it doesn't sound as gross. Would you like me to give you a list of things you can find in steak, chicken, and pork? Do you know what hot dog meat is made out of? Bologna? Salami? Sausage?

3. When properly prepared, milk is as biologically harmful as water. Fortunately for us, the man who proved that germs exist (Luis Pasteur [sp?]) came up with a wonderful method of decontaminating milk called PATURIZATION.

4. Humans have been eating and drinking all kinds of milk products at least as long as there has been recorded history (And oh my god, we have an overpopulation problem).

5. For a doctor, this article seems to have been written rather poorly. I read many reports written by doctors a day, this could have been written by a high schooler.

6. Milk and many of its contents are extremely healthy and necessary for a balanced diet.

7. Most places where milk and milk products are not eaten are places where a. it is against the majority's religion, b. people are too poor to afford it (and most other foods), and c. disease is so rampant that no one would want to eat anything but soy beans anyway.

8. Bones store calcium and DO become stronger depending on the ammount of excess calcium buildup. Calcium is in milk.

9. Yes, there are people allergic to milk. Yes, there are those who are lactose intolerant. Those people shouldn't drink milk or consume milk products. This should be obvious. By the way, there are many MANY more people allergic to peanuts and to a much greater degree. Look on the back of your packaged food, half of the packages will have warning labels that the food was processed in the same machines or around machines that have processed peanuts. People can die from the slightest whiff of a peanut.

10. Have some sense people. How many doctors do you know that have told you that milk is unhealthy? There will always be a doctor who outright refutes the majority of other doctors and has his or her own crazy ideas despite years of medical data. I believe the proper term for these doctors is "quack".

Yes, there is an urgent need for a dietary revolution in the States (and all over the world), but milk is BY FAR not the place to start.

-S

[edit on 4-4-2005 by ServoHahn]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaggerLee
Soy Milk is the solution. It has 30% of a day's worth of calcium, tastes awesome (especially the flavoured ones) and doesn't come from some ambiguous bovine source.

yup, you're right , but make sure its certified organic soybeans

and true , all kinds of fruity flavors now.. the only thing in the coffee forget about fruity soymilk.. even some vanilla or plain soymilk brands will let float some weird things in your coffee unfortunately

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServoHahn
Have some sense people. How many doctors do you know that have told you that milk is unhealthy? There will always be a doctor who outright refutes the majority of other doctors and has his or her own crazy ideas despite years of medical data. I believe the proper term for these doctors is "quack".

Sigh, there goes another conspiracy. I was really getting into this thread too. Reasonable people should not be allowed to post of conspiracy forums!

Spend twenty minutes searching milk and get lots of 'milk is bad' sites. Most are related to soy products (is there a connection?) and many have credit card links for e-books.

Milk sucks
Give the bottle the boot! Instead, try delicious soy or rice milk, soy cheese, Tofutti ice cream, and tofu sour cream and cream cheese

Where is the information regarding soy's detrmental effects?

Mercola
The Chinese did not eat unfermented soybeans as they did other legumes such as lentils because the soybean contains large quantities of natural toxins or "antinutrients". First among them are potent enzyme inhibitors that block the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion.
-and-
In test animals, diets high in trypsin inhibitors cause enlargement and pathological conditions of the pancreas, including cancer.14

Now I know why 'bean sprout' salad always made me sick and tasted like fresh dirt.

Adversely affect thyroid as well!

The only safe drink is

Know your getting plenty of the real thing upfront!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I remember from the tv programme "have i got news for you*" (if my memory serves me correctly) that an anti milk advert was featured once. I think it was a poster advert with 2 or 3 variants but i remember one and it depicted a fat spotty boy and basically stated that if you drink milk you will look like this boy and develop these problems. The show host then informed the audience that this advert was banned as there was no proof that drinking milk caused these problems and that the advert would make children too self conscious about their appearance.

* www.bbc.co.uk... this link is for non U.K people or for whoever doesnt know about this programme.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"The only safe drink is " Coke???

I was thinking beer, but that is my opinion.

Seriously, I believe that the negative milk propaganda has been introduced as a marketing scheme of juice and/or soy companies. The message has been spread on boards like this to gross people out. I have worked on large farms for several years (chicken, turkey, swine, cattle). I can tell you that milk is not the only source of puss or other contamination. I would say that, pound for pound, those who eat meat consume more from that source. Furthermore, a discovery channel program claimed that the average American inadvertantly consumes 28 pound of insects (and the like) a year. Most of these come from fruits and vegetables--so you vegetarians are not even safe. As our food supply systems have evolved out of the family farm and into mass production, more things slip through the cracks. Pass me my maggot and grasshopper sandwich with a big cold glass of puss. It's all good.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mo_trot
Pass me my maggot and grasshopper sandwich with a big cold glass of puss. It's all good.

Reminds me-
A couple months back (I think), late night I eased into the kitchen. No lights on because of the wife

I fished around in the cupboard where the dates are- I love dates. I rattled the box and thought, 'hmmm, good- hal a box'

Opening the box I poured a mouthful. Chewing I noticed they felt a little strange and were awful dry. Flicking the light on I poured a hnadful (I still have a mouthful) and maggots were everywhere!

Gagged that mouthful out real quick.

No more kitchen raids without lights.

*edit- you did mean pus (one S, right?)

[edit on 4-4-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Trot, I thought bugs were healthy? Oh here we go. Start the anti-insect propaganda now, why don't you?

Joe, who's side are you on? Seriously, I can't tell. Your posts can either be so nonpartisan or cryptic that even I can't tell. POLARIZE yourself!

Just kidding. But seriously, were you agreeing with me or disagreeing? Who could disagree with ME?! My arguments are flawless! :-p
-S

P.S. I'm sorry, in my previous reply I didn't mention the BGH factor. Yes, this MAY BE responsible for increased mammary size in both men and women (good for the ladies, bad for us guys) but you can simply buy organic milk if you don't want to run the risk of, for lack of a better (or funnier) designation, man-boobies. BHG may confuse the glands into thinking that they're going through puberty again... sometimes men may even get secretion. Though it's not natural to happen past the age of 14 or 15, it's still harmless however unco.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by ServoHahn]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
It seems like every day someone comes up with some obsurd reason why an average thing in the human diet is bad for us. I seem to remember some moaning a few months ago about potatos and potatochips causing cancer or some bs. Next someone will come up with a reason why apples and oranges are bad for us, but it will only stay for a week, because we all know there is so little proof to most of these claims that they must be replaced soon with another equally stupid one.

You are drinking/eating a food that from a genetic point of view is NOT designed for human consumption and with apples and oranges they ARE designed for primate/human consumption. Now you see fruit and veg are unbelievably good for humans where as milk is not, maybe (human) mothers milk is good up to the age of 9-12 months then the baby must be fed on solids and NOT milk. Cow's milk is UNATURAL for human consumption and therefore not to be consumed by humans. SIMPLE but a few with power and money that want more power and money simply deny the fact because they make to much money and could not afford to loose all that wealth just for YOUR health benefit.

Did you actually read the whole article???? It does state that almost half of the world's population is lactose-intolerant and that the mechanism in the human body for lactose-tollerance is shut down by the age of 5 so why does this happen????

Maybe because we are not supposed to digest non-human milk just as no other animal should digest another animals milk. Why can people not see this???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join