It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Milk? - Maybe not after you read this!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I find it funny that people are complaining about the pus in milk, considering what goes into other processed foods. Bugs, rat droppings, etc.

As for the person who said only people with certain blood types can digest milk, that's false. I'm O positive and I handle milk just fine. It's one of my favorite beverages in fact.

Many other animals will drink milk when they're adults, if they can get to it. Cats, dogs, rodents, horses, and sheep, to name a few.

I'm not so sure on the milk being bad for cats. All my family and friends let their cats have milk on a regular basis, and none have gotten sick.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Someones undoubtably put this but its 2:30am and i couldnt be bothered checkin, but... what about the high amounts of calcium in Milk.... Good for bones and teeth

Exactly what the Milk industry wants us to think. Is there calcium in milk? Sure. Is it digested well? No. I'm not talking about the fact that milk is a natural laxative and doesn't digest well. But the calcium itself is not absorbed because the body needs other nutrients to take it in efficiently. The calcium from vegetables does a lot better job, naturally. And calcium pills usually have magnesium in them to help your body.

Originally posted by tebyen

Many other animals will drink milk when they're adults, if they can get to it. Cats, dogs, rodents, horses, and sheep, to name a few.

I'm not so sure on the milk being bad for cats. All my family and friends let their cats have milk on a regular basis, and none have gotten sick.

Cats also LOVE tunafish. That doesn't mean it is healthy for them though. (nothing to do with infant/adult). There are a ton of substances that are bad for us that we love to consume (drugs, fat, caffeine, etc). The big red flag about milk, is it's meant to be for infants, not adults of any species. Then they try and hook adults with fear of osteoperosis, and make references to the Calcium and Vitamin D, but they aren't absorbed well.

[Edited on 5/24/2004 by jamesthecarman]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I read somewhere that an easy test to see if you're part mongoloid is to drink a ton of milk then sit on the c.r.a.p.p.e.r and see if anythings flies out ur a.s.s. If it does, through ur a.s.s, or any other exit of your body, then you are part mongoloid!

[Edited on 5/24/04 by RedDragon]

d1k

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I love milk. Tastes great.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I can�t believe how ignorant people are with regards to this issue. Yeah sure continue pound back your steroid, growth hormone laden milk... Enjoy! Cuz milk does the body good.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I thought the reason for most the world's people not being able to drink milk was due to evolution. Over thousands of years Europeans developed a tolerance while Asians didn't...I'll have to check my Anthropology text book. I think It talks about lactose intolerance. As far as it nor being needed because we can get what it has to offer someplace else, Why can't we just pop a pill when we wake up that gives us 100% of our needed vitamins, etc.?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
at one time in my life i was a truck driver and i hauled milk from time to time, needless to say i won't touch milk. maybe it was all the crap at the bottom of the tank after i was unloaded.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
at one time in my life i was a truck driver and i hauled milk from time to time, needless to say i won't touch milk. maybe it was all the crap at the bottom of the tank after i was unloaded.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"You can milk anything with nipples, I have nipples Greg, can you Milk me"

Meet the Parents

Sorry Just loved that line.

PS SOY is horrbile for you, unless you want to grow breasts =) Any UK people on this thread, I heard you need a prescription to give soy formula to a baby is that correct?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by quintar
I've always felt ill when drinking milk. Perhaps this is the reason. This articles doesn't surprise me. Nothing is safe anymore. Not the food we eat, the water we drink or the air we breathe.

Link!

""MILK" Just the word itself sounds comforting! "How about a
nice cup of hot milk?" The last time you heard that question
it was from someone who cared for you--and you appreciated
their effort.
You may be surprised to learn that most of the human beings
that live on planet Earth today do not drink or use cow's
milk. Further, most of them can't drink milk because it
makes them ill."

More info on the site.

The link no longer works

Yes it does, I checked it. Make sure pop up blocker is disabled?
LOL stupid adsgone

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
It seems like every day someone comes up with some obsurd reason why an average thing in the human diet is bad for us. I seem to remember some moaning a few months ago about potatos and potatochips causing cancer or some bs. Next someone will come up with a reason why apples and oranges are bad for us, but it will only stay for a week, because we all know there is so little proof to most of these claims that they must be replaced soon with another equally stupid one.

Actually, there is solid medical proof that the body take 4 times longer to digest cow's milk rather than goats milk. I have developed IgA antibodies to the milk protien and my body rejects it entirely. If I was to drink cows milk, cheese, etc in substantual amonts (1 glass), I'd have explosive diareah as well as be damaging my villi in my small intestine. The Dr. told me a lot of people have these problems but continue to ignore them and wont figure it out until they are in their 50's - damage done by then.

I drink organic goats milk free of all that *ish. Try reading about the Maker's Diet...it's pretty solid on what is the good stuff in life.

If really into it, get a health print profile from www.yourfuturehealth.com... taking that into account, you can adjust your diet on whats good for you and not some "force fed" rhetorical nonsense. We evolved seperately from region to region...it makes sense that we'd follow the diet of our ancestors.

But there is proof that cow's milk does more harm than good for some people.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by 1998OX4]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have had a very simple view of nutrition for a very long time. Eat things that were alive in a near-original state because it contains the things needed for life.
Fruits, vegitables, meats are good for you- nobody disputes it. Breads, sugars, and most dairy products were never alive in that form- they started as plants of questionable nutritional value and were processed heavily into entirely other forms which have even less if any nutritional value. Most of these things have been at least somewhat challenged.

Speaking from experience, an overweight person can lost .5-1 pounds a day just by basing their diet on fruit for breakfast, and combinations of white meat and green vegitables for other meals while limiting beverages to tea, coffee, and water. It's also pretty economical.

Take my advice or leave it, but I cut 40 pounds in 2 months to join the Marines when we went to war with Iraq- highlight of my life

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'll tell you what, after reading stuff like that, I don't buy milk anymore. I don't give it to my 3-year-old son anymore.

My son now gets orange juice with calcium and vitamins A, B1, C, D, and E added. Some people freak out when they hear he doesn't get milk, but they need to understand that milk is NOT the ONLY source of calcium and vitamin D.

BTW he's tall for his age.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Drink up that pus so it can come out of your nose later in droves.

Good thing I wasn't drinking my Mountain Dew when I read that or THAT would be spurting out of my nose!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Every time I give dairy products another try, I get that tired unfocused feeling again. Not to mention also the dreaded mucus buildup. Yuck.

Fortunately I'm back to normal relatively quickly once I stop any further consumption.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Some people who are lactose intolerant could try taking the enzyme "lactase". Unfortunately when milk is pastuerised (heated) the enzyme is destroyed.

Also, kind of a side note, if you eat cooked foods, it may be worth your while to check into taking enzymes. Cooked foods have their enzymes desroyed, forcing your body to cope in whatever way it can to digest the food. Enzymes are very important, and uncooked foods have enzymes in them. Make sure you get a formula that is right for you. There are possible issues with enzymes like protease, or a formula with HCL in it if you have ulcers, so don't jump blindly in, do your research. I eat lots of enzymes during the day with no real issues, and I have improved digestion and cleansing.

Troy

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"cows milk is for cows, goats milk is for goats, humans milk is for humans!"

[edit on 112828p://500211 by info_junkee]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Many people can't drink milk because many cultures have ignored drinking it for so many years, that their body can't handle it.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'll agree with info junkie

for more info , lots of info on milk ;

besides , pus , there's the growth hormone , and the subtle allergies

www.notmilk.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen
I find it funny that people are complaining about the pus in milk, considering what goes into other processed foods. Bugs, rat droppings, etc.

hehe.. how many people do actually know how many kinds of animal turds are in their food? not many. most of us jus say oh it dont matter, deep down we know it does an we only say it cause we drink or eat the stuff and wana make ourself feel better.. truth remains junk is junk..

PUS man... ughh... can i hav a glass of PUS please??
doesnt quite sound as nice as a glass of milk....... ugghh mind u the word milk is soundin more an more sinister now.

so anyway -- it has cumulatative affect ( i cant spell it ) means it gets worse the mor we ingest... and its a incubating breeding ground for a hole sh*t load of other diseases......... so they say.

www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm < --- this link breaks down milk go checkit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join