It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Moses cross the Red Sea ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting site about the parting of the Red Sea.

In 1978, Ron Wyatt and his two sons traveled to the beach at Nuweiba, to dive in the waters of the gulf to search for chariot parts or anything they could find that would identify this site as the genuine location. There at the beach Ron found a 17' tall red granite, Phoenician style column fallen into the edge of the water. Mr. Wyatt showed the column to the Israeli army who were occupying the area at that time, and they promptly set it in concrete. Later he found a matching column on the other side of the gulf in Saudi Arabia with the

Chariot wheels found on the floor of the Red Sea

Parting of the Red Sea

Personally, I think this guy is bull#ting. You should read some of his other pages on how he personally found the Ark complete with Jesus blood ( It only has 24 chromosones ).LOL.
Anyway he makes his most convincing argument about the Red Sea. Have a read and let me know what u think ?

[Edited on 10-12-2002 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 09:46 AM
link   
where's the argument?

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Christians have been denouncing Wyatt as a fraud:
www.tentmaker.org...

...and his credentials are faked:
www.tentmaker.org...

(oh, man, do the Christians take out after him for his lies!)

www.uhcg.org...&A/Ron-Wyatt.html

www.ldolphin.org...

...even AnswersInGenesis (which I consider to be a Real Fruitcake site) denounces him.

www.answersingenesis.org...

[Edited on 10-12-2002 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 01:17 PM
link   
May be this guy is a liar, I don't know.

But I think that Moses crossed the Red Sea.

And please, don't ask me how he did it, I'll say that he did with his feet.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I saw a program, i believe on the discovery channel, that said that a massive volcanic eruption in the mediteranean at the same time could have allowed the 'parting of the red sea' it caused a massive tidal wave (it was a while ago that i saw this so i cant remember specifics) that could have first pulled all the water out of the sea giving them time to cross then smashed into it when pharoah crossed.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 08:28 PM
link   
man where is the faith?

Could it actually be possible that god could have literally
oarted the sea itself??

I have witnessed miracls and know god can do this.

why does everybody not believe??

but if you have not witnessed supernatural and dont believe in
it, you are going to be shocked and amazed at what events are to come.

what is it about miracles that are so hard to believe?

peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Saw an interesting PBS documentary in which an Archeologist presented that is was not the Red Sea but rather the Reed Sea which Moses allegedly crossed. This issue of water parting is actually a natural phenomenon in relation to that area.

Have attached link which covers this topic as well as
others.

Link

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Truth, when I look my daughter, I see a miracle, each day.

I don't have to see a supernatural " miracle " to believe " in Him. My daughter is enough for me.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Truth, if God really did part the red sea I think he would have done it in a natural way, not Las Vegas magic style...
So like what KKing saw on discovery.

Toltec, I doubt it. Is "Reed" also spelled similarly to "Red" in the Hebrew language???

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As mentioned Bandit Lake Sirbonis is a place where this happens naturally and regularly the only real mystery would be to someone who did not know about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Peersonally, I think all such claims are B.S. as I think God has insured that any definite evidence of such miracles have been erased. We are supposed to take Him on faith, and if some huge, news-worthy information hit the presses it wouldn't take much faith to believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 07:26 PM
link   
TC, I think that would mean of God. If he loves all people unconditionally he wouldn't do that. Since it may be very difficult for some people to take him on faith.
It's all about diversity...

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I saw a program, i believe on the discovery channel, that said that a massive volcanic eruption in the mediteranean at the same time could have allowed the 'parting of the red sea' it caused a massive tidal wave (it was a while ago that i saw this so i cant remember specifics)

uhh, maybe it was G-d who did that.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Moses Parts the Red Sea
For nearly a century, there has been speculation that the Red Sea mentioned in Exodus is not the huge 100-mile-wide expanse as it is known today, but the western "finger" of the Red Sea--which is now called the Gulf of Suez--that extends to the border areas of Egypt. This notion stems from the fact that the original Hebrew phrase for Red Sea was "yam suph," which actually means "Reed Sea."

This phrase most aptly describes the lake region north of the Gulf of Suez, including the Bitter Lakes and Lake Timsah. According to the account in Exodus of Moses's feat, enough water was present initially to block the fleeing Israelites, and then later to drown the pursuing Egyptians.

Assuming all of that is true, researchers believe that a logical location for the biblical Red Sea is modern-day Lake Sirbonis. According to a Bulletin Of The American Meteorological Society account, computer calculations indicate that because of the peculiar geography of the northern end of the Red Sea, a moderate wind blowing constantly for about 10 hours could have caused the sea to recede about a mile and the water level to drop 10 ft., leaving dry land for a period of time before crashing back when the winds died down.

Common Thomas right along the path where Moses would have traveled is this area where such an event is a part of Nature? And you say it BS to consider it valid that this was actually the territory he crossed.

Moses was not a God he was a man troubled by many issues. Amongst them, was is all probability Egyptian politics (Have you ever heard of a Setian Thomas?)

One way of describing them (Setians) is what they were into, which was Human Sacrifices. Perhaps Moses was a man prepared to deal with the challenge, all God had to do was steer the baby carriage which led him to become a member of Pharaohs immediate family (he could have done the rest by himself and for a good reason).

The only difference between the Negative confession and the Ten Commandments, is the complete lack in regards, to addressing the issue of Homosexuality.

PS: Bandit am very curious, why is it that in the Egyptian book of the Dead the term Rhasta is only mentioned once (I mean no offence but was wondering if you knew or if someone you know has an answer).

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
TC, I think that would mean of God. If he loves all people unconditionally he wouldn't do that. Since it may be very difficult for some people to take him on faith.
It's all about diversity...

Nope, not all about diversity, its all about God, and how He says the game is to be played. He said that we are to come to Him with the faith of a child. He made it clear the days of the blatant miracles are over. There were plenty of prophecies written of the end-time, and all but a couple have ocurred leading one who wishes to believe to know we are at the threshold of it, yet those who don't believe deny these obvious clues.
Those who do not want to believe will not believe, regardless.
After giving His Son for us, I would never call Him mean. I would call us hard-headed and obstinant. Even us Christians. Just because one is saved doesn't mean one is excluded from being an idiot! Don't believe me? Come visit me for a day or two. You'll see who put the "I" in idiot! :0

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How convenient for the Biblical text to represent this time as the End of Miracles. Just in time for the masses to have enough common sense, to point out that these alleged miracles could be based on common sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
I saw a program, i believe on the discovery channel, that said that a massive volcanic eruption in the mediteranean at the same time could have allowed the 'parting of the red sea' it caused a massive tidal wave (it was a while ago that i saw this so i cant remember specifics) that could have first pulled all the water out of the sea giving them time to cross then smashed into it when pharoah crossed.

I've come across the same thing. A theory I have heard is that the plagues of Egypt weren't the result of god's hand, but that of the Santorini volcano in Greece. When it erupted at around the same time, it was with a force far greater than Krakatoa. Hence the water turning to blood ( volcanic ash ) etc.

Santorini's sea filled caldera

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Convenient? And you think our science has reached a point to where it can unravel the mysteries of God? LOL!
Plenty of signs were given, His Son was given, no more signs for a degenerate people.

Ash being responsible for blood? I know Moses didn't have the scientific equipment available to us today, but I'm sure the ol' boy could tell the difference between ash dissovled in water and stinking, putrid blood.
Among not explaining other plagues, the article would have a devil of a time convincing me that the eruption killed every first born as if it were the Angel of Death.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   
May be mad scientist, may be....BUT, Moses, how did he know that the Volcano was ready to explode ????

May be it's God who told him ! You see, it was really a miracle.

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Convenient? And you think our science has reached a point to where it can unravel the mysteries of God? LOL!
Plenty of signs were given, His Son was given, no more signs for a degenerate people.

Ash being responsible for blood? I know Moses didn't have the scientific equipment available to us today, but I'm sure the ol' boy could tell the difference between ash dissovled in water and stinking, putrid blood.
Among not explaining other plagues, the article would have a devil of a time convincing me that the eruption killed every first born as if it were the Angel of Death.

Come on TC, any logical person realises that most of the stories in the bible are just that, stories. Over time I'm sure reddish colored water would be turned into blood. PLagues are what naturally follow a huge natural disaster such as this.
As for killing every first born, I haven't come across any Egyptian chronicles mentioning this happening. Surely such an event would be worthy of mention somewhere. And wouldn't Egypt have converted to God, if he was able to do these things, when their gods could do nothing ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join