It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Moses cross the Red Sea ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 09:10 AM
link   
"PS: Bandit am very curious, why is it that in the Egyptian book of the Dead the term Rhasta is only mentioned once (I mean no offence but was wondering if you knew or if someone you know has an answer)."

What do you mean with that???

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Again Bandit I mean no offense but have the impression you are Jamaican?

If one reviews the Egyptian book of the Dead one finds many names. Of which knowing the background about who these persons were, does to be lend to understanding the text.

Many names are repeated over and over again but only once is the Word/name Rhasta(or is it Rasta) mentioned (and only once).

I have drawn certain conclusions, but have wanted to hear from someone. Who might know information specific to the culture which practices the Rhastafarian faith.

This is not to imply that I think you are a practitioner of that faith, this is a very unuiqe matter and am an curious as to the potential response. This being from someone who who understood that faith very well.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Toltec, look at my avatar.. Then look at Jamaica on a map. They don't look alike. Look at the sand on my avatar. That's voted the most beautiful beach in the world. When you walk on it, it's like your walking in snow. Do you get that in Jamaica??? I doubt it...

I am from Aruba, I'm not Jamaican.
I do have some friends who are Rasta's, but they are also not Jamaican. Heck... I've seen caucasian rasta's believe it or not.

And I've never read the Egyptian book of the dead, so I wouldn't know...

<< 1   >>

join