It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of China Makes Japan Snub the Dalai Lama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Fear of China Makes Japan Snub the Dalai Lama

www.ipsnews.net

TOKYO, Nov 26 (IPS) - Ignoring the fact that Japan is an Asian country with a sizeable Buddhist population, the government of Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda cold-shouldered the Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, during a ten-day visit that ended on Friday.

Not one government official met one of the world's best-known personalities either at the airport or at his prayer sessions and meetings where he confined speeches to spirituality.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk
asia.news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Only GWB has the 'courage' (or power) to stand by the Dalai Lama. That in spite of Tibet Buddhist rule is one of the least democratic on earth.

However it seems to be a worldwide trend to shun the company of His Holyness. A trend that has grown proportional with China's raise to economic power. Risc of poisoning or not, if you want business to be smooth you don't go against the big pumpkins of Beijing. You have to take it as it comes if you want their cheap products.

Simultaniously with their raise, not only the frequens of attacks on the Dalai Lama have increased, so have the savageness of them. Somehow he must be felt like a serious threat to Beijing.

As I said, a worldwide trend. My own country, Denmark, which His Holyness have visited on numerous occasions through 40 years, has in their crack-down on immigration closed its borders firmly to him. Individuals from non-recognised countries cannot get visa or permit of stay anylonger, be they Dalai Lama or political refuges. The border is closed. Which is an utterly disgrace and violation of human decency from my country.

The two supporting links more tell the story of the Chinese against HH, than that of his visit to Japan.

www.ipsnews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join