It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitor Bob Novak: BUSTED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So, Bob is being charged---not for what he should be but, he is being charged nevertheless. At least there are some Americans with balls.

Bob Novak, the pugnacious conservative pundit, may have to answer an assault charge in Manchester, N.H., stemming from an altercation with an activist on primary night last month. The dust-up ensued after Brad Carr, 54, who calls himself "an independent citizen" who's against the Bush administration, taunted Novak, 72, a host of CNN's "Crossfire," which was broadcasting live from a restaurant.

"I called him a traitor because of his involvement in the outing of Valerie Plame, which I think is unconscionable," Carr told us yesterday, recounting the Jan. 27 incident, which he reported to police. "He gave me a dirty look and ignored me, so I followed him outside to a CNN bus [where] I called him a traitor, probably for the fifth or sixth time. . . . He turned around and grabbed me by the arm . . . gave me a little shove, cocked his arm back as though he was going to hit me, and then someone from behind dragged him away to the bus."

Carr, a stocky fellow, slipped on the ice into the arms of self-described progressive activist Mike Stinson, who told us, "I have a back problem -- I don't need to be catching big men." Details were posted on the Web site takebackthemedia.com, with these headlines next to Novak's scowling mug: "Why is This Man So Angry? Bob Novak assaults man in New Hampshire!! Contact CNN and tell them you don't like it!"

Novak was unrepentant yesterday when he offered his version: "He was calling me a traitor and a scumbag. He had been harassing me during the whole program. Somebody pushed me after yelling at me, and I just pushed back at the guy that was pushing me, and it was him."

Carr, who says he is "either retired or unemployed, it depends on my mood," is mulling whether to press the case further. For now he wants an apology from Novak.

"No apology is forthcoming." Novak said. "He doesn't deserve an apology."

Then he softened: "I'm sorry it happened -- if that's an apology."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Quit your whining, Bob. Sorry ain't gonna cover it.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Bob Novak: Scumbag and Criminal

The Truth Hurts~eh?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I got no love for Novak, but it seems like that guy had it coming. If he was yelling at him all through the show there was no need to follow him outside with that nonsense. Surely he had made his point before the whole thing got out of hand. How is he going to press charges when he was so obviously begging to be knocked the # out.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have no friggin idea who you're talking about sorry

new topics

top topics

join