It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President says the time is right for Mideast peace talks to create a Palestinian state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

President says the time is right for Mideast peace talks to create a Palestinian state

www.foxnews.com

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — President Bush declared Tuesday that the time is right to relaunch Mideast peace talks to create a Palestinian state because "a battle is under way for the future" of the troubled region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Rushing out the door on my way to work... will post my comments when I get there.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is all over the news... and now there is rioting in the streets of the Gaza Strip chanting, "Death to America! Death to Israel!" BUt what else is new?

Seriously, this is a big deal, and only big things will come of it... mostly of the 'bad' variety, IMHO. This is one of those times where I'm glad to live in Alaska... wait we're part of the US too, right? Doh!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Of course the time is right!

It's called ELECTION TIME!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, both sides of this issue look a little pissed...

[edit on 11/27/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What the Palestinian people need at Annapolis is realistic representation, not an Israeli puppet like they have right now. The Annapolis "talks" are a joke with the outcome decided before the circus started. As soon as it's over expect Israel to start another campaign against the Palestinians.
What never seems to get addressed at these talks are the ongoing theft of Palestinian lands and them being forced into ever smaller enclaves. Yet Israel, despite the way it treats the Palestinians is always portrayed as the poor little nation struggling against it's angry Arab neighbours. How would those people who support Israel feel if someone forced them out of their homes, took away their livelihood and treated them so badly?
People talk about freedom so much but it seems it only applies to those with the biggest sticks.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah these 'leaders' need a reality check if they think its prime time to create a palestinian state. I don't even understand how you can come to that conclusion when you have tens of thousands of protesters rallying against it.

Source

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Majority of Israeli's support the creation of a Palestinian state, don't listen to the conservative/zionist wing of the Israeli political system who say other wise.

Israeli's want peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
While at school today I read this on CNN.

And when I get home, my Israeli friend Elinka had IM'ed me on MSN while I was at school, though she was not on when I got home:

EliNka .__. says (11:25 AM):
oh, i listen now to the anapolis conference - its bull****. the Palestinian ppl wll never destroy the terror organizations. i dont belive that this peace will exist O:

Mmm...I just don't know...

top topics

join