It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is ridiculous…and I've had enough...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It's starting to look as though we have been duped again with the ATS elections.

After getting our hopes up that the elections would continue, we were once again left with nothing. It's been weeks since the announcement that the elections were rebooting and nothing has happened. Even the few members who still had faith in this have began to drop out of the race in disgust.

I am hereby formally petitioning for some serious change to this forum. The Politics board here at ATS has become an empty void. It has lost the edge and luster that it once had and needs to regain it.

It seems as though the Moderators who are assigned to PTS have either disappeared or are too busy to keep up with things here. I believe this is a large part of the problem, especially with the elections.

I suggest that one of the more active members remaining on this forum need to be made Moderators or given some other sort of authority to try and revive this dying board.

I would hate to see PTS completely die out as the elections have. And I'm very worried that it's exactly what's coming...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I agree with you
This entire elections suck and really needs to be revamped
not that this effects me since i pulled out on this wasted far to much and effort on this elections.

this place should either be reorganised or have new mods that are active here , no offence to the current mods that mod this forum which is zero

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have to firmly agree with nyk537 as well. I pretty much saw this state of affairs coming. Hell I even offered to run the election with another member all I asked in return was FSME status so I could award quality posts.
See this thread

I have given up on the ATS election in its current state and I have been less enthusiastic about AP of late as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not really sure how your system works. Should I be?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Err are you unsure about the ideas that nyk537 has posted or the ideas on the thread that I posted a link to ?
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Agreed. I would of liked to have seen the elections treated with a greater degree of attention and respect, but alas this is what we have.

I will wait until January for the campaign to be rebooted. If not, I will have to step down along with you two guys.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Originally posted by redled

Err are you unsure about the ideas that nyk537 has posted or the ideas on the thread that I posted a link to ?
Cheers xpert11.

Usual me: I only asked if I should know, I don't need a thread for that.

Me: I don't know, I want to vote I suppose but that will probably prove too complicated. I don't know, I'm not reading those threads on principal now, but if it's ok not to know how your system works, I'll deal with it that way. Good luck by the way if your'e standing.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, as far as I can tell, everyone, including myself quit participating. I just became weary of how long it was going to take and I got little response anyway.. So, I basically dropped out of the race, as did several others.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You can campaign right now...The ATS election happens the same time as the US election.

We don't have any cash supporters, but you could convert some ideological fans

I'd be interested to see some movement on this though...Not trying to burst your bubble.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Redled I am still confused as to what your point is. Biggie smalls the ATS election was spouse to be over long before the US election took place because the prize is being able to start new threads in a forum that deals with the US election it self.

The powers that be will probably try to feed us some BS about there being a lack of interest when they finally put the nail in the coffin of the ATS election.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Apparently I can't read...

xpert around now is when the elections would have taken place. I guess everything was moved back. I'm ready to see some initiative on the members part. The mods have their hands full at the moment...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I'm ready to see some initiative on the members part. The mods have their hands full at the moment...

Did you take a look at the thread I posted a link to above ?

Well since I have already put forward the idea of a couple of members running the show and offered to be one of those members I don't see what else can be done on this matter.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
None of the scheduled events ever took place. We've been left since January 2007. It took them until November to remember us and promise what should of been, predictably followed by more silence.

I say give them until January 08 .. ofcourse, I am still waiting for them to repair the link to this forum which leaves it unaccessible to most.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of gripes about this process, and I agree that most of them have a bit of merit. What else can I say? We are working on this, and work needs to be done behind the scenes. A daily update isn't exactly feasible, as there isn't always progress to report. Please spare us the benefit of the doubt, and allow the staff to do what they do.

As candidates, discuss the issues. The only activity in this forum is from candidates complaining about the process. There is next to nothing when it comes to political discussion, or work on platforms.

C'mon now guys, this is a two pronged approach. The staff need to do their thing, and you guys need to do yours. Ours is done behind closed doors.. and I understand the frustration that comes with not knowing. But those of you that do believe in this, and those of you that actually want to participate, participate. A big part of the process is discussing the issues in this very forum and refining your platform.

Why doesn't the Administration send out a mass u2u on this forum? I have seen that question asked. And show them what? A forum full of complaints?

It is up to us, the staff, to do the legwork on this one behind closed doors. It is up to you guys to work on your own platforms, and what you are going to bring to the table.

Our Political Leader, Mirthful Me, has already stated that the ball is rolling on this. Where has he done us wrong in the past? Show him the respect he deserves and trust that you are all in capable hands.

You do your work, we'll do ours. Together we'll see a great election and have a helluva lot of fun in the process.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
A daily update isn't exactly feasible, as there isn't always progress to report. Please spare us the benefit of the doubt, and allow the staff to do what they do.

The staff has the full benefit of the doubt on this election, and I understand that a daily update isn't feasible or even necessary. However, some sort of update would be nice. At least a time table of a general idea of when things are going to be happening.

As candidates, discuss the issues. The only activity in this forum is from candidates complaining about the process. There is next to nothing when it comes to political discussion, or work on platforms.

That's probably because we have not been given any structure or outline as to how to proceed with that. Even if we did, the 5 people who know about the elections don't even seem to care anymore

Why doesn't the Administration send out a mass u2u on this forum? I have seen that question asked. And show them what? A forum full of complaints?

At least they would know the forum existed. I guarantee you the vast majority of the members here don't even know the elections are happening. The only ones that do are the handful who still visit Politics.

Our Political Leader, Mirthful Me, has already stated that the ball is rolling on this. Where has he done us wrong in the past? Show him the respect he deserves and trust that you are all in capable hands.

It's not that we don't trust that things are happening, it's just that we have no reason to believe it will. This election has already failed once and with no direction or format for its continuation, it looks as though it will again.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

chissler, I think the point has been missed that the ATS elections do not appear to have any direction, the timetable announced at the start of the elections have been missed.

Can management give us an indication of a timetable or plans for these elections? IE, an announcement will be made in the next X days.

I concur with the view that many of this board are not aware of the ATS elections. I have mentioned in chat and got blanks look (so to speak).

And I am not only in offering to be part of these elections, we want to make these elections the success that can be.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Chissler as much as I respect you your above post just doesn't come off very well all things considered had you been putting your case forward about eight months ago myself and others would have been more understanding. The fact that some of the original were able and willing to throw there hat back into the ring is a credit to them all they asked in return is not to be mucked around again.

IMO the candidates have been more then patient the fault lies with the powers that be for not delegating the running of the ATS election to members who could give it there full attention which it deserves.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

That's great, Chissler. But you said nothing to address why we were left to stew for 11 months? Read SkepticOverlord's announcement thread. There were many events planned and none of them happened. We WERE ready.

Respect you speak of is a two way street.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't think we are going to hear anything back.

That's it for me now too...I give up.

These elections are completely dead and Above Politics is following closely behind.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

The staff has the full benefit of the doubt on this election, and I understand that a daily update isn't feasible or even necessary. However, some sort of update would be nice. At least a time table of a general idea of when things are going to be happening.

Believe it or not, I agree with nyk WHOLEHEARTEDLY on this point.

Is it too much to ask for SOMETHING in the way of an update?

It actually seems to me like this has been happening all over the site lately, not just with mods but members alike.

The activity seems to have died down around here tremendously since the whole November 5th ordeal.

Is it just me that has noticed this?

Jasn

top topics

<<   2 >>

join