It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man finds Chip inside his Wal-Mart Shirt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Click here for the link

Well the article does not say what name-brand the shirt is or any other identifiers other than the shirt was bought from Wal-Mart. This leads me to beleive that he is intentially targeting Wal-Mart but, hey, who knows it might be the truth.

Well, I laid the shirt on the table. I started to cut where I needed to cut. As I cut my shirt, I hit something hard in the fabric, embedded in it. It was a little less than about a quarter inch big. It made a faint noise as the scissors banged into it. I put down my scissors, picked at the fabric and found a computer-type chip.

I tried to pull it out with my fingers and I got a small shock. I had to cut more into the shirt to cut around the damn thing to get it out. I pulled the fabric apart, and sure enough a thin metal/plastic tag was there between the layers with very tiny metal prongs holding it. Prongs you wouldn't notice easily at all without a strong light and knowing exactly where to look. I banged the metal casing apart with a ball peen hammer, and the thing cracked open. It had very tiny circuits on a plastic dot.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Could be one of these

www.bizjournals.com...

Wally World is really pushing it's suppliers to have these in a certain time frame

Sorry I just now read where it says "a couple of years ago"
maybe it was a trail run

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by NetStorm]

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
First, razorz, and now shirts???

Damn! Those Wall-mart Nazis...they better not bug their dancing hamsters too!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
very interesting, I saw this story before, seems more than an rfid device?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Better security measures to hamper theft?
That would be my guess if Rense can be believed.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have yet to see a photograph of these chips. Anyone have a link to a picture? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
After reading that I have to say this....I'm not buying any clothes at Wall Mart anymore! Wall mart has just gone Chip crazy! I mean what do they have Spies working for them? I mean come on! I buy men's shirts (And I'm a girl) because they are more roomy and that's how I like my shirts...but I don't cut them up. So I don't know how many shirts I have that are bugged....if any...this just shocked me

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wouldn't the chip get damaged or destroyed when the shirt is washed?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if you can degauss RFID chips? Cause then you'd just stick all your clothing and stuff in between two very strong magnets.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You know....we could make a fortune, selling "chip detectors"
Like a mini metal detector.
Any takers?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
After reading that I have to say this....I'm not buying any clothes at Wall Mart anymore! Wall mart has just gone Chip crazy! I mean what do they have Spies working for them? I mean come on! I buy men's shirts (And I'm a girl) because they are more roomy and that's how I like my shirts...but I don't cut them up. So I don't know how many shirts I have that are bugged....if any...this just shocked me

Well you just killed the cat..

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by skull
wouldn't the chip get damaged or destroyed when the shirt is washed?

shouldn't be in the short run anyways. Microchips can be radioproofed, heat resistance and water resistant but they stand up only as well as the plastic packaging that they are contained in.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Does anyone know if you can degauss RFID chips? Cause then you'd just stick all your clothing and stuff in between two very strong magnets.

You can only degauss an existing magnetic field and then only based on permeability effects due to material composition.

In this case most rfid's that I have heard of do not contain a permanent magnetic record of any kind.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
You know....we could make a fortune, selling "chip detectors"
Like a mini metal detector.
Any takers?

Excellent idea actually! It would have to be portable, easy to operate and inexpensive to get public attention I think.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
3 posts in a row! Spammer
joking

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Excellent idea actually! It would have to be portable, easy to operate and inexpensive to get public attention I think.

You could use an old radio, tune it to "static" and believe it or not, you can hear a change in the staic when it approaches something that has a signal (It's a cheap way to find out if your car has been bugged)
Trust me, it works

"Many amateur and spy shop eavesdropping devices use frequencies within or just outside the FM radio band, these signals tend to drift and will "quiet" an FM radio in the vicinity of the bug. Look for the transmissions at far ends of the FM radio band, and at any quiet area within the FM band. If the radio begins to squeal then slowly move it around the room until the sound become very high pitched. This is referred to as feedback detection or loop detection and will often locate the bug. The "stereo" function should be turned off so the radio is operating in "mono" as this will provide a serious increase in sensitivity. If you find a "squealer" in this manner then immediately contact a TSCM and get them to your location FAST."

www.usaspyshop.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Netstorm,

yes I have heard of this method. Better still, remove the antenna, replace with a hand wound coil and put it on a length of wire thus you have separation of the detecting head and the output device.

I wonder how a metal detector that you can buy at electronics stores does on this kind of thing? It may work if it comes in very close contact to the semi-conductor chip.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Netstorm,

yes I have heard of this method. Better still, remove the antenna, replace with a hand wound coil and put it on a length of wire thus you have separation of the detecting head and the output device.

I wonder how a metal detector that you can buy at electronics stores does on this kind of thing? It may work if it comes in very close contact to the semi-conductor chip.

Orrrrrrrrr it would be cheaper just to hammer the crap out of all your clothes that you may buy at WallyWorld

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I can see the chips being waterproof and surviving the plight if the washing machine, but being so small the heat from the dryer would destroy the chip don't you think?
They could give special washing instructions but, wouldn't that be a givaway?
I don't shop at that dirty craphole anyway.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Read the RATS thread about Wal-Mart's Bennetville BUNKER with govt. type measures and guards. They have a HUGE pair of supercomputers in a defense structure. And the stories about chips for tracking is a diversion. It makes NO SENSE when one chip could be on a pallete to chip every single $10 shirt.

And why shirts? But not TV's, etc. Shirts = people.

I bet the government already has similar chips in military uniforms to track our own soldiers via satellite. The idea behind Wal-Mart distribution is to test a non compliant public that washes, etc. the clothes like you said. I bet boots and jackets have them too. They don't get washed.

So if this is the test, the ultimate goal is some distribution via uniforms to potential enemy combatants...OR just chipping everyone. Wal-Mart is the number #1 retailer on Earth. It's in money, why not clothes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join