It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Eighth Continent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Maybe God would have been better to go with the dolphins as the dominant species...

Dolphins aren't as benign as you think:

Male alliances typically "herd" females for anywhere from a few minutes to months(4) These herding events are not usually enjoyed by the females. Herding is often forcible with escape events and violence involved.(3) In a herding event males will surround the female or chase her. Aggression toward the female is common and can include: hitting with the tail, head-jerks, charging, biting, or body slamming.(3) Should the female try to escape, which often happens, the males will chase her more often than not. Of course the ultimate goal of a herding event is sex and the males in the alliance will take turns to make sure everyone has an equal share. If the alliance has three members, only 2 will herd the female and the third will stay behind. However, the individual who is left behind changes with every herding event so again all members have an equal chance at mating. (3)
Source

"Herding". So that's what gang-rape is called in dolphins society. I bet if the dolphins could manipulate objects with the same degree of precision we could, they be setting of nukes in the ocean.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
We have the technology to fix this, and we can recycle, and we can re-use. We can use only packaging that is biodegradable (truly biodradable into harmless substances).

The fact that something like this is allowed to exist is terrible. It's 2007, we do have the tech to handle this.

Troy

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Agreed cybertroy,
It seems we humans are masters at creating things we think we need without looking ahead at the possible consequences.
Plastic is only one area-we may also fall into the same trap with nuclear power,GMOs and nano tech.
Damn shame.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
Lets put all of the rapists there and turn it into a Running Man show.

i ikethat idea ill go with that just one queary can we add all the pedofiles as well

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When can we start buying property there. I know of quite a few unsaovry characters that deserve to live out the rest of their lives on such a place.!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This plastic island made the MSM with a story running on all the major broadcasts, I just saw it mentioned again on Brit Hume's Special Report show.

Maybe the increased exposure can get some kind of clean up effort in the works.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would like to claim it as soverign nation of the United States of Nohup. I don't want to be Emperor of it, though. Somebody else can develop the natural resources, tax the populace. Just give me a cut of the profits.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Well there is sure to be oil in that thar plastic!

I just hope someone has the chance and money to get this cleaned up.

<< 1   >>

join