It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about some Ron Paul Quotes....maybe racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have alot of respect for Ron Paul, but this black dude let me know of some of the things he has said.

Please let me know if these are true or not.

If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action"

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal"

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

"We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Is this racist or ageist? Maybe those who rob are used to running hence can run well?

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action"

I don't know. I can't see the poll. But from experience I'll tell you it seems only about 5% of the total population has sensible political opinions. I'll also say that most voters vote how they think they've been told they should meaning that they don't bother to research, study figures and facts or form their own opinions. I think it's wonderful how in a one on one conversation with neighbors and friends (black) they all want the government off their backs, they all want the deadbeat in the family to stop collecting tax revenue in the form of welfare but they 99% of the time pull that (D) lever. Why? Because they've been told since birth that a (D) vote is a "black" vote. Whatever that means.

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal"

What does "inefficiencies" mean? Does it mean that D.C. has police "sweeps", profiled searches and other racially discriminating tactics it practices that makes 95% of the black population feel like criminals whether they are or aren't?

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

Pull the word "black" out and what about this statement isn't true? There is a big difference between a 13 year old living at home with his parents riding bikes and a 13 year old who has been on the street since 7 or in and out of juvenile detention or that has been used by older family members as an accessory to crime.

"We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

For whatever reason this is tragically true. The proportion of blacks in prison to the total black population is higher than any other race. This doesn't mean there is an genetic disposition to crime or anything and it's reasons are unfathomably complicated t understand (nobody does) and involve all sorts of socio-economic issues.

None of these quotes are maliciously racist. They are based in his life experience and lest we forget he is in his seventies. Whose grandparents haven't been heard using the world "colored" when referring to a member of non-white race? Does it mean grandma has a hood and cloak in the closet? No. It's a different word for a different time. Has everyone forgotten what the "C" in NAACP stands for?

I haven't seen any evidence Paul has any animosity toward any group of people for any reason (except neo-cons). If he were racist then wouldn't he be all about bombing those brown people in the desert?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I apologize, here is the answer to this thread

www.freemarketnews.com...

Ron Paul never made those statements

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. You haven't seen the last of this kind of crap. Check out the latest attack:

AP Story

top topics

join