It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official, I've had enough!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
To all Member's of this particular forum, which, by the way "WAS" my favorite (hope i spelled favourite right, because it is spelled different in Australia) , i loved this site, every day i would visit it for the past few year's, (and i'm not kidding, it was every day), lurking in the background reading post after post and not being involved in any discussion's but really wanting to get involved, finally registered only this year and posting only a couple of reply's to post's, have come to the conclusion, " Which by the way, (there a a few member's here that would agree with me) for sure", this section has gone to the dog's, crank's, hoaxer's, and just plain down right time waster's/dreamer's. for any serious research into the UFO phenomenon, this was the site to come to, but i'm sick to death of, CGI, Reflection's, Photoshop etc: etc: I think there is more disinformation artist's here than people who are really wanting to discuss, and "debate the issue" with a bit of decorum, finally, to the old crew that have been here ( you know who you are ) for a number of year's, thank you for a memorable journey, and please give me a good reason why i should stick around.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Globule
and please give me a good reason why i should stick around.

You sound upset friend. You are going to have to deal with CGI for the moment, as many people are doing it. you can't have original pictures anymore. why don't you just differentiate between the crazies and the official ufologists like many here. You have been here a little longer that I have and I think you are jumping to conclusions. there is no way for anyone to prove the existence of aliens, etc. what do people have to do? show you a picture in person? take you out to the park so you can make contact. for now, you should stick around because I have many interesting things to say in the future. happy journeys!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I must say that im a bit disappointed lately too with the UFO section.

Lately you can only read posts from old UFO sightnings that have been discussed thousands of times or fakes.

The UFO section was the one i read most but ive been migrating to another sections.

For me it seems that the UFO sightnings slowed down or the information is beign heavily controlled.

Maybe UFOs have been new technologies that make it harder to be spotted.
Maybe we just got used with the kind of information we get (blurry pics, etc.) and we want some new kind of proof to make us more interested again.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
ive avoided this section except when i want a few laughs. What depresses me is more & more ufo/alien/skunkworks stuff is being posted in the "space exploration" section which i feel is a place for serious scientific discussion/theory not tales of alien moon bases

[edit on 27-11-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

i'm sick to death of, CGI, Reflection's, Photoshop etc: etc: I think there is more disinformation artist's here than people who are really wanting to discuss, and "debate the issue" with a bit of decorum

I think you make a fair point, and it is obviously frustrating. I would certainly suggest that I am LESS of a believer having started visiting these boards than I was before I joined ATS.

All I would say is that to some extent all posters become the victim of the increasing ease of making convincing looking fakes. More or less any image that is put into the public domain has the potential to have been faked - which means it's much more difficult to have faith in anything anyone posts.

To encourage you to stay I would only say that I've also noticed an increase in the subtlety and knowledge of board members in sussing these fakes out. In other words, the greater the level of technology at the fakers' disposal, the greater becomes the debukners abilities to tell dodgy from genuine.

What irritates me the most is that some people clearly put up threads of things we've all seen a million times before, simply because they know these particular boards tend to get a more excited reaction. For some reason some people seem terribly keen to get ATS points, and see this as the way to do it. It's unfair on those of us who have a genuine spirit of enquiry, believers or otherwise - and I do wish they'd stop.

LW

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You sound upset friend. You are going to have to deal with CGI for the moment, as many people are doing it. you can't have original pictures anymore. why don't you just differentiate between the crazies and the official ufologists like many here. You have been here a little longer that I have and I think you are jumping to conclusions. there is no way for anyone to prove the existence of aliens, etc. what do people have to do? show you a picture in person? take you out to the park so you can make contact. for now, you should stick around because I have many interesting things to say in the future. happy journeys!

I'm really not so upset as just pis...d off with a lot of the bul....t that's happening with this particular forum lately, and "NO" i don't need any one to prove anything to me, i have had my own sightings on a couple of occasion's but they are not worthy of even discussing them here with out any physical/photographic evidence, and yes, CGI is a big part of our live's these day's, and being around for quite a number of year's, (Ive been studying the UFO phenomenon well before ATS even existed) i have learned to differentiate between what's real and what's not, and thank you by the way, it's people like you who make me want to stick around and see what is going to eventuate.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Globule

I skip those threads from obvious kooks, and once in a while some information does come around to make it worthwhile.

The recent thread by the girls who sighted the lights near Bakersfield was a good example of a great video, and rigorous debate afterwards.

But yes, for every one of those threads you have to skim over several others about lizard space invaders living in the earth's core;-)

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hello. I'm new around here but I, too, have perceived a certain level of frustration in this and other forums, especially with regard to repeat threads. See for example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As a newcomer, could anyone advise me how best to determine if a particular photo, video or topic has already been discussed? I don't think that a general search would quite do the trick, all the time, unless you are lucky enough to choose key words that happen to match a thread which contains the same items which you're about to post.

Also, it does seem that the board owners and forum moderators try to keep things under control around here. Is there not something that they could do about possibly merging repeat threads into the original?

As for intentional hoaxers, I would think that the best way to get rid of them would be to prove that they've intentionally posted a hoax and then ban them.

As for the frivolous posters, there is the "ignore" button.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

please give me a good reason why i should stick around.

I will give a good reason to stay. ATS or Larry King. Take your choice.

Face it, like the rest of us, you are an ATS addict, and there is no AA for this problem. Try and leave, you will be back.

Deep down, one day, you want to leave all of your neighbors scratching their heads saying: "Where the hell is he going in such a hurry!" The point being, you knew the real story long before they did, giving you a tactical advantage in a crisis situation.

Your local news channel may not show the photo shopped CGI junk, but they won't show the real ones either.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
globule. do you listen to george noory? he's on starting at 10pm on am stations. he has the best evidence out there and his show runs four hours. if you aren't finding enough evidence here you should listen to his show. he has many ufologists on his show from both sides. I highly recommended.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Globule

Hey buddy sounds like you need a vacation and I know the perfect place! Come and stay in BTS for a bit and have some plain old silly fun! Ill be waiting for you! Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
To jedimiller, Krpano, yeti101, LoneWeasel.

Thank's for replying, it seem's i am not the only one that's completely pis..d off with some of the crap that goes on here, i just wish there was some way we could weed the rubbish out but that it seems highly unlikely, mind you, i have seen the board tear a couple of hoaxer's apart, great to thing to follow, and to LoneWeasel, i have no idea about the point system, that I'm quite naive about, I joined ATS to get involved in something that I'm quite passionate about, but either way, you are correct in your assumptions, and i hate to admit it, but i feel like a hypocrite still replying to my post when i should have just switched to Black Vault or something but i cant help it, i love this site and and i love reading post's/reply's from old member's and new member's

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
No problem. glad to help. now go here and check out the great site. and find out when the show plays in your area. thanks.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I will give a good reason to stay. ATS or Larry King. Take your choice.

Face it, like the rest of us, you are an ATS addict, and there is no AA for this problem. Try and leave, you will be back.

Your right, it's just like smoking, especially after a number of year's, your hooked, many, many time's i've said to myself, "myself", what's the point going to my favorite site when it's filled with bu.....t, but what do i do, i come back, i have to admit though that there is still some good point's to ATS and out of all the couple of dozen post's on the first page of the forum index theres probably about half a dozen of worthy post's.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

globule. do you listen to george noory? he's on starting at 10pm on am stations. he has the best evidence out there and his show runs four hours. if you aren't finding enough evidence here you should listen to his show. he has many ufologists on his show from both sides. I highly recommended.

sorry, i don't know who he is, I'm from Australia and somebody mentioned before about coasttocoast, and as far as i know we don't have it here, and besides, I'm not after evidence, in many place's in Australia we see a lot of strange thing's, and there not aircraft, i know there a couple of Aussie's on this board and they know what I'm talking about, unless they are permanently stuck in the city, then they don't know, it's the discussion's/debates about UFO's that i love, without the flaming, ridule etc: etc:, just back and forth bantering.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

To all Member's of this particular forum, which, by the way "WAS" my favorite (hope i spelled favourite right, because it is spelled different in Australia) , i loved this site, every day i would visit it for the past few year's, (and i'm not kidding, it was every day), lurking in the background reading post after post and not being involved in any discussion's but really wanting to get involved, finally registered only this year and posting only a couple of reply's to post's, have come to the conclusion, " Which by the way, (there a a few member's here that would agree with me) for sure", this section has gone to the dog's, crank's, hoaxer's, and just plain down right time waster's/dreamer's. for any serious research into the UFO phenomenon, this was the site to come to, but i'm sick to death of, CGI, Reflection's, Photoshop etc: etc: I think there is more disinformation artist's here than people who are really wanting to discuss, and "debate the issue" with a bit of decorum, finally, to the old crew that have been here ( you know who you are ) for a number of year's, thank you for a memorable journey, and please give me a good reason why i should stick around.

1. I can really understand you to some point.

Shared research however IS NOT THE WAY!

2. Do your own research and then discuss it with others in a board with an attitude, that atleast is acceptable.

3. Keep open minded ( here is where most people fail )
For fact it is very sad that "everything is possible" is NOT possible for MOST PEOPLE.

You should really not get p***ed of if someone heavily disagrees with you, there is so much denial, disinfo and messed minds around even here.

Keep it cool

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A big shiny star for you! I've only been registrered for a month or two, but allready now, im thinking of wasting my time on somehing else than reading fruitcace/attention wh0..s threads..

There are some post that is of interest. But when posts like this :

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. www.abovetopsecret.com...
etc .. When they get to live more than a couple of hours with "wow .. thats awesome pictures" ... I tend to just log off in frustration ..

If it haddent been for Budasystem and some other sharp people here, I would have been gone after a few weeks..

So .. a big shiny start for your post

[edit on 27-11-2007 by tep200377]

[edit on 27-11-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Globule... Thank you for the post. I think you have articulated what many of us have been thinking for some time now. As with any mechanism for communication, especially one as thought-provoking as ATS, you are going to attract the "Fringe element". To that end, ATS has a feature to help you filter through some of the junk that finds it's way to the boards - THE IGNORE BUTTON!!! I use it frequently.

Having lurked on the boards for some time you obviously know who the valuable contributors are versus the hacks, nuts, kooks and attention seekers. I have learned to ignore certain threads simply by the nature of the title and have "Ignored" dozens of the aforementioned loons to make my experience here much less cluttered and more enjoyable. I have found it to work wonderfully.

We need quality members to continue their contributions to make ATS what it was meant to be - a place for serious and thought-provoking discussion. Please don't let the disinfo agents chase you away or they will have won. I'm looking forward to reading your insightful posts - so please - won't you stick around and give it a shot?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Globule

Well hello Globule. You've been a member for three more months than I. Yet this is the first time you've joined in a discussion. After reading your post I can tell you that you are the kind of member needed on this forum. You write well getting your point across while stating facts.

Every once in a while you will find a bad apple in a bag of fruit, do you throw away all the good fruit becausae of the bad piece? Nooo you don't. You wash the bad stuff off the good apples and enjoy what you have left.

I really get agravated with some of the nuts that post here. But I find more good than bad so I don't bother to waste my time reading too much of the crap the nuts love to speak about.

Personally I want to be here when the truth about aliens and UFOS is finally proven. I want to be right in the middle of the discussion.

IMO we are on the edge of discovery. This forum is the best vantage point I can think of. I hope to be right here untill the end/beginning or what ever comes our way.

Of course the choice is yours, but you will be missed now that we have listened to you and know of your quest to deny ignorance.

Marilyn

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Dear Globule...

...to the old crew that have been here (you know who you are ) for a number of year's, thank you for a memorable journey, and please give me a good reason why i should stick around.

I can appreciate your sentiments and frustrations, but I would like to emphatically encourage you to stick around. There are many good reasons to do so, IMHO, but here are just a few:

* Although it is true - there are a great many awful threads and posts: boring, redundant, disinfo, childish, antagonistic, ridiculous, etc., there are many others, perhaps a minority but still a fair number, that are wonderful, enlightening, inspirational, and memorable. It is these latter threads/posts that make the entire exercise worthwhile. I look at it as a treasure hunt - you must comb through the sand dunes and canyons, shaking bushes, flipping over rocks, peering into caves and crevices to find the juicy morsels and gleaming gems worthy of your undivided attention and perhaps a comment or opinion of your own (which I know will be just adding a bit more luster and polish to your find)!

* ATS is by far the best place to "get the scoop" on current events. Sure, you could scrounge around the web looking for the flotsam and jetsam of UFO/alien/paranormal/BTS/PTS banter - but you don't have to waste your energy - do as I and many others do: start here at ATS, then follow the many links and story lines to continue your own research. When you find something intriguing, come back on ATS and post your discovery. This process has aided my knowledge and those of thousands of others here at ATS in a way that is simply not possible on any other forum or through any other means. If you want a summary or "instant gratification" on just about anything happening in the world - you can bet that one of the "old crew" (and quite a few of the "newer crew") have posted it up at ATS for discussion.

* ATS is professionally run, meticulously managed, diligently moderated, and exceptionally principled. As compared to some of the other forums out there - this in itself is quite a refreshing difference. Sure - as others have pointed out, there are always some bad fruit in the bushel, a few misfits slip by, and the mods have to make endless judgment calls on appropriateness, civility, and related matters. But ATS is still light years above most of the others I've seen (and, admittedly, still find myself visiting now and then), with their incessant mud-slinging, poor oversight, and frequent degradation into mindless freefall. This is the place to be.

* Finally, again just my opinion, but I don't think there is anyplace on this planet that you can find such rich, diverse content in one place. Not sure about you, of course, but for me, ATS hits a lot of my buttons: UFO's, ET, Skunk Works, Conspiracy Theory, Area51, Space & Exploration, Paranormal Reports, Government Screw-ups, International Issues - the list goes on and on. Clearly, one can spend 24-hours every day of their life simply absorbing the wealth of information available here. I wish I had that kind of free time. Is it difficult and frustrating to sift through the junk sometimes? Absolutely! Is it aggravating to surf through a thread only to discover it has been debased and bastardized into a pit of worthless vengeance? You bet! But is there still enough rich, rewarding, current, intriguing content to make the operation worthwhile? Without any doubt!

So, my friend - please reconsider: Stick around - have some fun, learn something new - contribute! Through its faults and deficiencies, ATS has grown seemingly exponentially in the past several years and there must be a reason it is winning so many converts and attracting the good that it does.

We feel your pain - but we also would like to enlist your help to ease that pain. We need your clear thinking, your lucid observations, your articulate commentary. YOU can help make ATS an even better place.

The door is already open - you need only to step back inside...

[edit on 11/27/2007 by Outrageo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join