It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loma Prieta Earthquake Footage & Ham Radio Broadcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd like to share a site I came across this evening:

Editor's Note:
In the midst of colossal upheaval, it is the rare person who, recognizing historical significance, has both the opportunity and the presence of mind to do something about it. Eric Tofsrud is such a person. As the dust was still rising from buildings jolted apart by the Loma Prieta quake, Eric, a ham radio operator, powered up his equipment and hit the record button, preserving for history the voices and sounds of the events that followed. Eric volunteered with the Palo Alto, California Red Cross Disaster Action Team from 1983 to 1991. He works for the USGS. This is the record he made.

More at link:
Loma Prieta Earthquake Ham Radio Broadcast

I remember when I was younger, we didn't have a car so we relied on my Aunt and Uncle for transportation. On certain trips, we would take the Cypress Freeway. I also remember couple years after the Loma Prieta, I'd take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) going to San Francisco and see the last remaining ramp that connected to the Cypress standing. It was always a constant reminder to me that we could have been on that freeway that day.

California Earthquake 2
California Earthquake

This is the Cypress Structure I remember.

new topics

join