It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I turn 30 today!! Happy or depressed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I can't believe I'm turning 30 years old today! I have like a conflict of emotions and I'm not an emotional person at all.

I feel like I done everything my parents would expect from a son and they told me how proud they are for me. I'm married to a good women, a stepson that I love as it was my own. For some reason I'm not satisfied at my professional accomplishments. I left a lot on the table and while I have no regrets for serving my country, there always that thing on the back of my mind reminding me of the "what ifs".

Overall I'm happy but I feel like time is running out on the other things in life that I want to accomplish, hopefully I'm wrong, does this qualify as a mid-life crisis? I don't know.

Anyways I just felt to share this with someone and what better place that with my people here.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Dude.

30 is the new 20...

I was errr 20 this year too.

I'm completely stable, honest!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Double post for double points YEY!!

MonKey

[edit on 27/11/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
30's a good time homes. Probably the best you'll experience in your life. Enjoy. Old enough to know better and young enough to still do it.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Dude does that mean I turned 10 this year?! Oh well Happy B-Day Bunch!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Happy Birthday! As one who is 29 and holding, i havent experienced the big let down date (cough) seriously, the 30's are the best times of your life, so enjoy the next 10 years because when you hit 40, your eyesight will go and you will dry up like a prune.

I wouldnt know myself, 'course.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Happy Birthday! As one who is 29 and holding, i havent experienced the big let down date (cough) seriously, the 30's are the best times of your life, so enjoy the next 10 years because when you hit 40, your eyesight will go and you will dry up like a prune.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i feel you dude...i turn 30 in the first week of march and it has been bumming me out for the last 6 months...as each day gets closer, i get depressed...
i start to do the math. you're halfway to 60 which 'they' call middle aged. 60 is not middle aged though cause people don't live to be 120. average age for a man is at an all time high of 74 years old.
pretty crappy ain't it..?

so in about 5 years, that will be true middle aged.

i don't have advice for you other than go live dude...see some things. do some things..

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
happy birthday!!!
irish-song-lyrics.com...

again

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
:w:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
happy birthday!!!
irish-song-lyrics.com...

again

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
:w:

EDIT:to hear it click lofi

[edit on 0Nov17]053030p:/ by ArtemisFowl]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Bunch
Happy Birthday to you

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You're just getting warmed up...

I can guarantee you that the best is yet to come.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I thought 30 was a very good year. And Chickey...I though 40 was the new 20...don't be cramping my chill like that

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Happy B-Day!!!

I turned 30 in Sept. and I've never been younger!!
Enjoy it while ya can buddy!

six

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ahhh Bunch..30 is just a number...The question is how old do you feel. You will relect what you feel...30 aint old.....Just gettin the motor warmed up at 30

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Yeah my older sister is holding at ahem 29 too LOL not to mention she's a grandma. I'm halfway to forty and my eyesight was gone long time ago. But I'm no where near being dried like a prune.

So six what happens when your past thirty? Need a engine overhaul? LOL

new topics

top topics

join