It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He thinks he's an alien (i think)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uhmari
This is a very serious matter, but the greatest and easiest way to cure it, simply is with your love. the beings he has contact with, has he told you who or what they are? If you can find out for me, i can assist with more info on how to approach it.

You're really pushing it here, pal. Two questions:

1) If you are an alien, why is your English grammar so abhorrent? Aren't you supposed to be more intelligently advanced than humans?

2) Does your advice involve helping this couple overcome his alcoholism? If not, you should really bow out of this thread.

I hope you understand the ethical boundaries you are about to cross here.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

I'm not sure there's any "about to" about it. I think we're talking about a past-tense event here, if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Another post that is an attack i will report.

She is already aware of his need to quit, It is not the Issue. He refuses, You have no right to force your will on someone! NO RIGHT! this is the exact reason there is fleets of ships around this planet.

Head my warning, Stop trolling, or i will report it.

(apologies Justdontknow)

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Uhmari, it seems like you might be the troll. You just said not to force will on people but you are being pretty aggressive trying to get this lady to contact you.

In my opinion, you are just another Charlatan with too much free time. You also seem to be getting upset because you aren't getting the attention that you feel you deserve. I guess people aren't buying into the whole "I know Aliens and everything about them" crap so easily anymore...

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
people with drinking problems OFTEN see themselves as 'very different'................and sometimes have delusions of grandeur thinking they 'are more special than other people'...this is part of the problem.
It COULD BE that he is indeed being contacted and is so freaked out by this that he is drowning his emotions in vodka, but I kind of doubt it.
I bet your dealing with his midlife issues and his deep desire to be 'special'.....this is a need ALL HUMANS feel......having a drinking problem confuses his feelings and needs.

He is interested in UFO stuff and reads up on it and watches shows on the subject, so in his emotional confusion he is HOPING that this may be what is going on with him.........

You guys sound like you have a very strong marriage, and I bet you he would have confided to you long ago if he had memories of abductions happening. You LOVE HIM even with his drinking problems you certainly would love him through Aliens contact coming at him by no fault of his own, and HE KNOWS THIS...............
Sit him down and question him strongly about his alien beliefs. Ask him WHY you don't discuss this fully??? If you have children together and he IS being abducted its a 99.99% chance they are taking your kids to, and he should NOT be keeping such information from you.......WHAT is he really hiding?
He has the answers you seek.

OK thats my rant I hope I give you some food for thought. I hope this is something along the lines of what you were seeking by posting here.

Good luck to you.........

FYI I believe in Aliens, and think they DO take people and they DO experiment on them.......I know this happens.
But when your talking about someone with a drinking problem I think all the bad problems are going to be found at the bottom of that bottle and not on a UFO......(the Aliens don't really WANT drunks, they are seeking healthy bodies)

[edit on 27-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This man obviously needs serious help and you will not find it here. You should be consulting with doctors not conspiracy enthusiasts.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hi,I found your post very interesting as when I was younger this type of thing happened to me,but losing interest in life and turning to alcohol are signs of clinical depression."I am seriously unhappy and have no idea why I am so unhappy"is an answer I would give.I don't think you should leave ATS or anything like that but I do think you should perhaps speak with a doctor or family member as to what course of action to take in getting him help.Depression is a serious illness and can eventually lead to suicide if left untreated(I don't mean to worry you anymore than you already are)just trying to get the point across.PEACE BE WITH YOU AND GOD BLESS!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
If you ae still reading and looking for answers...

First of all... Get professional help! Your husband may be blighted with aliens, evil boojums, or whatever, but... If you start going along the lines of letting people likie Uhmari, who do not have any professional credence, training, or licensure start placing their less than knowledgable hands on your situation, you are simply asking for trouble.

On the other hand, it is your life. Should you feel like someone with no history, no obvious training, no classification, currency or licensure (AMA, etc.), no ability to put together cogent discussion or weighted evidence to get people to understand what he is saying or thinks he is trying to say, and no ability to deal with people without stamping his feet and threatening to report them for speaking the truth as they see it... Well.... I do believe you are cruising for a real problem... Umhari is opening himself up for all types of legal, moral issues, and ATS, itself may be libel for legal problems. I don't know as I am not a lawyer.

I think it is more important that you think beyond the end of Uhmari's keyboard. People with no training who haven't enough sense to know when to stop are totally scary. Your husband's psychological state is fragile, and much more important than some tyro who wants to try some non-proven, bordering on hallucinatory, codswallop on him. Please consider getting professional help for both you and your husband. If you find that doesn't work, then consider alternative, but I darned sure wouldn't take it from some "person" I've never met, who throws tantrums on forums, threatens people for no good reason, and doesn't have enough sense to keep himself, and all the others, who could be involved in legal issues out of harm's way.

Rant off.

Now, Uhmari, I'm thinking it's ok to go and report me for beating on you... But I'm curious as to how Springer, Skeptic Overlord, and the rest of the owner's and Administrative folks on this wonderful place are going to feel about someone who is unaccredited, unlicensed, and certainly, probably not trained in anything, trying to garner up business, and mess around in medicolegal aspects of people's lives?

You would be wise to listen to one of Clint Eastwood's maxims... "A man's got to know his limitations".

Matter of fact, after thought.... Let me figure out how to report a post... I'll take care of it for you. ----

Done Uhmari... See the below thread... All reported...

[edit on 27-11-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uhmari
Another post that is an attack i will report.

She is already aware of his need to quit, It is not the Issue. He refuses, You have no right to force your will on someone! NO RIGHT! this is the exact reason there is fleets of ships around this planet.

Head my warning, Stop trolling, or i will report it.

(apologies Justdontknow)

Uhmari,

Be advised that I have reported my own thread and your childish and threatening behavior here on this rather serious thread. So, you don't need to stamp your feet and threaten anymore. It has been taken care of.

Now please, PEASE Ma'm.... See to your husband and your mental and physical well being.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
OK. That will do. Enough bickering, sniping and name-calling. No more threats.

Please stick to the topic and NOT your fellow members. If you have a problem with anyone or their behaviour, launch a complaint.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
The Digital Ego – Please Review This Link.

On a topical note:
Justnotsure, I would strongly suggest professional help. You've got many kind folks here on ATS with good intentions and great advice. Then you have people with questionable motives. It's not always easy to tell apart which is which. If you really care for your husband - only people in the "real world" can help, especially those with the necessary qualification and experience. From my personal experience your husband are showing clear signs of depression, and if he won’t do something about it, then it’s up to you to intervene.

There are many good-hearted listeners with a kind word of advice here on ATS, but there's only so much anyone here can do.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hello Justnotsure and welcome to our beloved ATS!,

I am not a Doctor but I have gone through EXACTLY the same as your partner, apart from the Alien issue. The thing with depression (And i'm not talking about feeling "Down in the Dumps" or "Sad") is that when it's quite advanced and you have been depressed for a long time your sense of day to day reality starts to feel different and strange. Lot's of emotions come through like anger, confusion, being tearful etc and it's this roller coaster of feelings that are making him worse.

To combat the unpleasant conflicting feelings Alcohol gives a welcome respite for a few hours because it numbs the feelings you have temporarily. Unfortunately Once you wake up and it's worn off the Anxiousness comes back twice as bad so you end up battling yourself and self destructing. Unfortunately the only person that can decide how to get out of it is your partner, you can support him but he needs to go and see his Doctor and lay it all out on the table, that's when he may start to turn a corner.

I'm aware that this is an Aliens and UFO's thread, what I suggest is not to pry deeper into what he said, if and once he is feeling a little better get to the bottom of what he said. If what he said to you was true he was probably abducted and that is another hurdle you need to jump. Baby steps. Best of luck to you.

[edit on 27/11/07 by October]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
people with drinking problems OFTEN see themselves as 'very different'....It COULD BE that he is indeed being contacted and is so freaked out by this that he is drowning his emotions in vodka, but I kind of doubt it..... I bet your dealing with his midlife issues and his deep desire to be 'special'.....this is a need ALL HUMANS feel......having a drinking problem confuses his feelings and needs.............You guys sound like you have a very strong marriage, and I bet you he would have confided to you long ago if he had memories of abductions happening...........OK thats my rant I hope I give you some food for thought. I hope this is something along the lines of what you were seeking by posting here....Good luck to you.........

[edit on 27-11-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

Thank you too so much for your reply. You had many good points and I appreciate them so much.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon2
Hi,I found your post very interesting as when I was younger this type of thing happened to me,but losing interest in life and turning to alcohol are signs of clinical depression."I am seriously unhappy and have no idea why I am so unhappy"is an answer I would give.I don't think you should leave ATS or anything like that but I do think you should perhaps speak with a doctor or family member as to what course of action to take in getting him help.Depression is a serious illness and can eventually lead to suicide if left untreated(I don't mean to worry you anymore than you already are)just trying to get the point across.PEACE BE WITH YOU AND GOD BLESS!!!

Thank you!!! You're not worrying me more than I already am, I agree with what you said... Thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Removed Double Post

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Thank you so much, your ENTIRE post is truly appreciated.

link   
Removed Double Post

link   
Removed Double Post

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

"Justnotsure, I would strongly suggest professional help. You've got many kind folks here on ATS with good intentions and great advice. Then you have people with questionable motives. It's not always easy to tell apart which is which. If you really care for your husband - only people in the "real world" can help, especially those with the necessary qualification and experience. From my personal experience your husband are showing clear signs of depression, and if he won’t do something about it, then it’s up to you to intervene..... There are many good-hearted listeners with a kind word of advice here on ATS, but there's only so much anyone here can do. "

Thank you very much Gemwolf........... yes, I have received many helpful replies. I'm so glad I posted my original post.... many of the replies have been helpful. And you're right about what you said about my husband showing signs of depression, and it's up to me to intervene. Many thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by October

"I'm aware that this is an Aliens and UFO's thread, what I suggest is not to pry deeper into what he said, if and once he is feeling a little better get to the bottom of what he said. If what he said to you was true he was probably abducted and that is another hurdle you need to jump. Baby steps. Best of luck to you."

THANKYOU October...... as many of the other replies here your post was very helpful, it was comforting to read since you described what he must be going through.... and what you said about being there but not prying into more of what he said, thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Uhmari

well... having read this post through you seem more of a danger than any of those opposed to you. Had to report you...

On topic:

Justnot, you should not fear that it might take some time and some strong heartedness from you before he will "give in" and seek councelling.
I can refer to myself as having been through something that resembles what you're describing about him and it's an awful place to be. Especially because as you state he's not sure himself what is going on and therefore he can't relay it on to you or make you understand.

The old cliche says that the first step is to accept that he has a problem... but not only in a sense that there is something that he doesn't understand about himself. He needs to find out that because he doesn't understand it himself he needs to talk to somebody who can offer him the tools to fix what is inside.

I myself was at first very reluctant to even go to councelling, and still after I started it took some sessions before I was really able to open up.
It can be something that has lingered for several years and hasn't been adressed and it takes only the smallest drop to tip the glass, trust me.

Fortunately it would seem that he and you are on the right path, he just needs that 2nd step. That is the hardest...

Just remember, when he snaps at you and gets mad, it is often because of a latent anger he has towards himself because of his missing understanding of what's going on inside himself. Atleast I can testify that that was what was the reason to my outbursts (and still is...
it's something you have to guard yourself the rest of your life)

Best wishes...

[edit on 27/11/07 by flice]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join