It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He thinks he's an alien (i think)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES, SUGGESTIONS AND THOUGHTS

[edit on 27-11-2007 by justnotsure]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well ask the question.... Let's hear it.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
don't be afraid, we are here to help.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
That was absolutely amazing. I actually have never seen anything like that before. I truly believe that those were real aliens. My mind is blown right now. I will never look at life the same way.

edited because its not funny now that there actually is a post!

[edit on 11/27/2007 by hikix]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Heck! I can't sleep, fire away!

BTW welcome to ATS, and for any questions that you might have feel free to U2U me.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
That was absolutely amazing. I actually have never seen anything like that before. I truly believe that those were real aliens. My mind is blown right now. I will never look at life the same way.

Hmm, did I miss something? Where did you see this?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Heck! I can't sleep, fire away!

BTW welcome to ATS, and for any questions that you might have feel free to U2U me.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
don't be afraid, we are here to help.

Thanks so much.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't really see that as "alien" behavior. Sounds like bi-polar or just straight manic depressive to me. I am no expert, just been around them a lot.

I know a lot of us humans are tired of the rat race down here and would love to go to a better place including myself.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Keep us updated, it def sounds really strange. Why don;t you just ask him whats going on? Ask him what he meant by 'they don't mix well with humans' and whos experiment is this?

I have no explanation. It sounded like depression until that part.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
These sound like issues to be discussed with a marital counselor, not on ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by justnotsure

Interesting story, to be honest I don't know what to say, I'm kind of sad and amaze at your situation hopefully things get better.

There is a member who's name is Sleeper and he has a thread in this section that discuss stuff pretty close to what you are experiencing, he claims to be an alien here on a experiment or something like that, so is not the first time that I have heard about this, you should go to his thread also he might be able to give you some answers. I would post the thread but unfortunately I'm on RIM right now.

If someone would do the favor, that be great.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think he needs space. i would be constant in that you are available to have him lean on you but you should keep your distance so he can work this out for himself. i don't mean cut him off or act differently, just don't probe too far into what is bother him. he is on the cusp of coming clean, if you will, with you and he will when he is ready. it sounds like he has a deep love and respect for you but does not want to scare you or let you down. he needs an outlet and perhaps you can provide one for him, but i'm willing to bet that his outlet is vodka. which is fine in many culture including russia. i just think the deeper issue at hand needs to be resolved within him. if he progressively gets worse over time, you may need to change your tactics but in the mean time, be there for him but don't try to pull it out of him. it's something that he needs to come to terms with before he can let anyone else in.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
These sound like issues to be discussed with a marital counselor, not on ATS.

Our marriage is FINE..... Alcoholics Anonymous or a therapist, maybe... but he refuses to get help..... but I feel this is mostly about some of the things he said - he doesn't know how to explain it, and feels like he is not from here. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this. But thanks for your advise.

And BTW, yes, I am admittedly touchy about this, this just happened and I'm SCARED and WORRIED, so came to ATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Thanks sooooooo much.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Where is he at this moment? If I were in this situation, the last place I'd be is on a speculative website asking if we think he's an alien.

I really do feel sorry for your situation. It seems like he really needs to see someone. . BUT your train of thought and actions seem a little odd. Excuse me for my skepticism, but we have been duped by stories before. . .

link   
Just, is it possible you can get him on to aol instant messanger, "now" so i can talk to him?

I believe i can help.

AIM : Uhmari333

link   
justnotsure

I don't know how old your husband is but he may be going through the so called "mid-life crisis." The whole event is usually typified by feelings of "not-belonging", "boredom" with the mundane and intense depression. So, his feeling like an alien may just be metaphor for what is actually going on. The alcohol certainly dosen't help the problem. I would suggest trying to help him see that he needs to talk to someone - someone he dosen't rely on for emotional/psychic support (you.) He'd hopefully feel less threatened. If he feels like persuing his feelings of being an alien i'd certainly contact a therapist who works with contactees.

Wish you the best through this trying time.

[edit on 27/11/07 by WickedStar]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

Your advice and thoughts sound right on for now and are very much appreciated. Thank you.....

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

[off topic]

Nothing better than throw your money away for a person that is just going to sit there to listen to you and your spouse complain about each other and then give you the same solutions that you already knew you had to do anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join