It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Cannon Attack Bus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Check out this VIDEO of a Police vehicle in Museumplein Amsterdam.

Which is more humane: water-cannon or taser? Which is safer?

[edit on (11/26/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Safer? Stop screwing the people over and giving them a reason to riot against your greed, corruption, and slaughter.

Problem solved. Everyone goes home.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here is the STORY behind the video...

Apparantley all this mayhem was caused by an increase in required classroom hours for Dutch High School aged students.

Its shocking how these people stand up for thier rights, but here in AMERIKA nobody protests anything like this anymore!
Must be the mind control.

Way to go Dutch folk, I wish US citizens were more like you!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Water-cannon, but you can't carry one of those on your hip.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
water is a natural element and does not trigger the heart to beat as fast as a massive jolt of electricity directly to the body does. the water cannon is much safer but it is limited. eventually, that thing has to run out of water.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

Tasers don't have an unlimited amount of charge, either.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
At first I thought it was a joke it was kind of funny tho. Did you guys see how it nocked that guy on his but. It was a little scary to I guess but I was more afraid of the bus running some one over, heck that would break up a crowd for sure.

So first water then what Steming hot water or ice cubes or a Giant water ballon cannon, lol that would be something to see.

Shish...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I would prefer water over a hundred-thousand volts through the chest.
Tell ya what would be fun: controlling those water cannons

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm not so sure a water cannon is such a pacific solution to things. I'm sure most of us have seen the water cannon footage from the race riots in America in the Sixties-the stuff of nightmares!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd definately rather be hit by a water cannon, if I had the choice, lol. The only similarity in damage that I could think of was that both will knock you down and could cause potential harm that way, but that effect is inadvertant. Getting tased is not only painful, but can cause a multitude of long-lasting effects and/or damage in some people depending on voltage and where you're hit. I have found no cases of someone drowning by water cannon, but there are cases where being tased/stun-gunned has caused all sorts of problems. Wiki electrocution and you'll find examples of voltage vs effects on the human body. I know people who've been tased before, and their consesus when asked your question amounted to this: If I get tased, It's definately going to be painful and may require a trip to the hospital to get checked out afterward. You get blasted by a water cannon, you're going to be able to get right back up and walk home, without wondering if you've got am irregular heartbeat, lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The PSNI used a couple of water cannons a couple of years ago at the Drumcree Riots, and have used them a few times since. They borrowed them from mainland Europe somewhere (can't remember where exactly). They were quite effective at clearing a street, particularly when compared to baton guns or CS. The protesters in Drumcree were camping out on a large grassy area. An interesting by product of using the water cannon was that it churned up the ground, making it into a quagmire. Parts of it looked like the Somme. This made life quite miserable for the 'happy campers'.

The dangers included injury resulting from being thrown bodily to the ground and potential damage to eyes. There was also the potential to perforate ear drums if the (extremely powerful) jet hit the side of your head.

Then again, we could have just shot them...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Check out this VIDEO of a Police vehicle in Museumplein Amsterdam.

Which is more humane: water-cannon or taser? Which is safer?

think how many tree huggers would bennifit from a nice free shower from the state then a tazer to them?

sorry couldnt resist

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Water cannon is crowd control.

Can't really compare that to a tazer. (Unless you plan to give officers a supersoaker of course)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Water can become very dangerous if you jack it up to the right PSI. Strong enough to crush a human and kill. But I didn't see anyone being hit directly with the water jets, just sprayed.

Getting wet when you don't want to is very uncomfortable and will get people out of where you want them to, it's an excellent non-violent tool, but can be used wrong of course.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Here is the STORY behind the video...

Apparantley all this mayhem was caused by an increase in required classroom hours for Dutch High School aged students.

Its shocking how these people stand up for thier rights, but here in AMERIKA nobody protests anything like this anymore!
Must be the mind control.

Way to go Dutch folk, I wish US citizens were more like you!

Kids rioting because the State is ensuring they are better educated seems pretty ignorant to me. American kids know better than that it would seem. American kids will riot, just not over ignorant stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Re: Taser vs. Water Cannon
There is a big difference because the Taser, at whatever setting and whereever used on the body, will majorly interfere with normal body functions. While the taser in theory has no lasting effects, for the short duration it is used it will produce MAXIMUM stress for the body and nervous system - and that is why it is far more dangerous than some cops seem to think.

A water cannon can only work superficial and the main injuries are from getting toppled, like scratches and cuts - but noone has to die from that since the advent of Penicillin. Of course there can be the occasional broken bone, or even skull, but that is a risk one has to take.

Still, the single most important measure is a proper doctrine to which both the taser and water cannons are used. Water cannons are universally NOT to be aimed at singular people - rather at the ground or in a sweeping motion. The video depicts that quite well; the one person that gets hit directly and thrown away seems to be an accident and the cannon stops immediately afterwards.

Likewise, a taser just may not be used to tase any uncompliant person, that is just too easy (and not without danger to the operator either!).

Originally posted by groingrinder
Kids rioting because the State is ensuring they are better educated seems pretty ignorant to me. American kids know better than that it would seem. American kids will riot, just not over ignorant stuff like that.

Umm... the main beef of the students appears to be that the state is NOT ensuring "better education" since the additional school hours seem to be unsupervised, or at least without proper "teaching content".

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How many more hours were added on to the school day?

Here in the US (in New York anyhow) the average is 7 hours in actual school plus 2 - 4 hours of homework/studying/papers for 5 days a week from early September to mid June.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
To riot over more school and education hours seems pretty immature to me, and that's me being nice and holding my tongue.

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT SPANK YOUR KIDS???

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Dero]

top topics

join