It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An exercise in logic. Santa real or fabrication?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is simply a lesson in logic and arguement. Actually not so much a lesson as it is an exercise. If we all (in the spirit of christmas) take the challenge seriously, I'm sure we will learn a lot about the nature of many arguements and discussions that we come across daily on ATS.

The challenge is to either prove or disprove the existance of Santa Clause. This could be either as a historical figure, or as a magical being. I don't care which side you choose to argue, I don't care what means you use for the arguement. I don't even care if you flip-flop and argue one side in one post and another side in your next post. I only ask that real debate happen.

Not presenting evidence for your case is unacceptable.

I will start.

Santa is Real

Santa Clause is the real deal folks! It's hard to imagine why so many people do not believe he exists.

Saint Nick, Father Christmas. The man with the list.

Santa lives at the North Pole.

The North Pole is one of the most remote places on earth and is one of the many reasons why catching a glimpse of St. Nick is almost impossible on any other night than Christmas Eve.

Santa Claus' fist known tale was scribed in the tome 'A night before Christmas', penned first in december of 1823.

We do not know how old Santa is, but we do know that he shows up on radar as he traverses the night sky.

As Santa does his annual Christmas Eve visits to homes around the globe he will be tracked by a billion dollar US defence radar system.

For the past seven years the North American Aerospace Defence Command (Norad), based under Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado, has been following Santa's sleigh and broadcasting his progress on its website.

The site will publish regular updates on his progress, along with photos from SantaCams around the world, and will even forward emails to the North Pole.

"Based on flight profile configuration data gathered from decades of Norad's radar and satellite tracking of Santa Claus, the scientists have concluded that Santa probably stands about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs approximately 260 pounds," the site says.

"From fighter aircraft cockpit photos, and other details Norad has gathered from SantaCams over the years, we know he has a generous girth, rosy cheeks from sleigh riding in cold weather, and a flowing white beard and hair."

Created in 1958, Norad is a joint American and Canadian organisation responsible for the air defence of the US and Canada using satellite and radar tracking.

But Norad may be onto a red herring, according to a seminal study of Santa physics published by Dr Arnold Pompos, formerly of Fermilab.

This postulated that Santa gets the whole job done in about 500 seconds by travelling at 99.99999 per cent of the speed of light, thereby solving the mystery of Rudolph's nose.

"The colour depends on just how fast Rudolph is moving, turning yellow, then green, then blue, then violet before becoming invisible in the ultraviolet range as he accelerates to higher and higher speeds," said Dr Pompos in his 1998 paper.

"This change of colour is a well-known phenomenon, called the Doppler shift, which astronomers take advantage of to figure out the speeds at which the stars and galaxies are moving in respect to us."

You can even use the help of Norad to track Santa on his journey this year.

www.noradsanta.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Santa is real - absolutely!

I live VERY close to the North Pole - literally. I see him often - and his reindeer. I kid you not!

*btw - im in Alaska

pictures:
i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Huh...you wanna do a cage match debate with me and we could both get fame, fortune, and points in the process? Whatever the case, I present my dissenting argument here.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
Huh...you wanna do a cage match debate with me and we could both get fame, fortune, and points in the process? Whatever the case, I present my dissenting argument here.

Your reply is taken into consideration. However, you are ignoring the obvious possibility that Santa has technology only he can understand.

Santa's elves are well know in the world for their ingenuity and fast manufacturing process. Is it totally out of the realm of believability that those elves have invented a type of anti-gravitational worm-hole like singularity that that dispels the inertia and allows Santa to ride comfortably at 650 miles/second?

He obviously has technology that outstrips even the military. And his funds seem unlimited. If Nasa can come up with craft that can reach our outer solar system and regularily reach mars, with a budget of 14 billion, what do you think Santa's elves can produce with an unlimited budget?

Obviously, Santa's elves are on average at least 150% smarter than your average rocket scientist. And they are also probably 2000% more efficient.

Seeing as how NASA has a hard time planning a barbecue for 2011 and the elves under Santa's guidance can traverse the world in 31 hours, unloading 300, 000 tonnes of gifts in the process every year without fail.

You will always be wrong, unless you can come up with a reasonable counter-arguement. I mean the proof is in the pudding. The presents are there, under the tree, on Christmas morning. How fdo you explain that one?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Santa is real - absolutely!

I live VERY close to the North Pole - literally. I see him often - and his reindeer. I kid you not!

*btw - im in Alaska

pictures:
i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...
i80.photobucket.com...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

This is great, eye-witness testimony.

Can you tell us about your Santa-sightings? I'd love to hear more!

top topics

join