It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife of Missing Millionaire Steve Fossett Asks Illinois Court to Declare Him Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Wife of Missing Millionaire Steve Fossett Asks Illinois Court to Declare Him Dead

www.foxnews.com

CHICAGO — The wife of millionaire adventurer Steve Fossett, who disappeared while flying his plane in September in rugged Western terrain, asked a court Monday to declare him legally dead.

"As painful as it is for Mrs. Fossett, other members of the family and his many friends, it is time to initiate this process," said attorney Michael A. LoVallo, who filed the petition in Cook County Circuit Court.

The request was a step toward resolving the legal status of Fossett's estate, which according to court papers is "vast, surpassing eight figures in liquid assets, various entities and real estate," LoVallo said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So I guess it will be official soon that he is dead. This is really sad...I feel for his family. Mods: If this has already been posted today please let me know.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think it is way premature to declare him dead.
There is something so fishy about this whole story.
1. No emergency beacon on the plane to find it.
2. No flight plan.
3. The inability for anyone view recorded radar tracks and figure out which is him.
4. The big Where's Steve? search on Google Earth, which turned up other plane crashes, but not Steve's.

Hell, if he was flying a Cadillac, his North Star system could locate him.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
He's not missing, he knows exactly where he is.

He's been "disappeared."

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I don't think the wife is just trying to get the money or anything, that's fauxnews' spin at work. I met Steve one time, talked to him for like 30 seconds. He was in my town prior to his first attempt at balooning around the world. Cool guy. Sad he's gone, but he did kinda have that attitude of "I'll go where the winds take me" (pun not intended).

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Excellent topic OP!

IS he really gone? How long do the courts normally take before they declare someone dead who is 'missing'. He was one of this centuries (if not one the only ones that comes to mind) experienced explorers. He just disappeared as simple as that? No transponder, map, plan....I have my doubts. Dont explorers have teams? Columbus, despite what some view of his history, he had a team. 3 boats to be exact. I know Mr Fosset was supposedly only going to survey some land but I'm sure he would've at least had a spotter or some one along for the ride. I could be wrong. But like anyone else, I have my thoughts on this. I'm looking forward to see what others think. I'm glad to see someone else is thinking on this subject.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i think he can only be 'presumed dead'...it takes years, i think 7,
to be declared dead (not to be confused with deceased)

actually i think he's busy being caught up in a contrived & planned 'mysterious disappearance'
which is good for a book or two and screen-rights....
getting the families net worth up to 8 figures instead of the paltry
7 figures in the article

top topics

join