It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to all haters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Maturity 101 Class is in session

Hating on haters or compalin about their actions does nothing to resolved the situation.

You need to have a plan to bring haters to your side and you might ask yourself, how do I do that? Well first you need to understand the personality of a hater and what is that makes them hate. Throughout my life I have dealt with haters, at job at school, at sports, at social gatherings.

This I will say for sure all haters share something in common, that the lack something, that thing that you have that he/she doesn't and WE the one that get hated upon need to close the gap with the haters so they stop hating and become lovers and then after they are reform you can send them on their own and make the world a more lovable place.

The thing is that in order to do that you need to understand how the human brain works, the physcology behind the actions of certain group of people in this case, haters. But not only you need to know all the characteristics of them in general, you will also need to understand the individual personality of a particular hater in order to help him/she. Analyze what makes him hate? And help him/her overcome it.

Like some players know they players, some haters know they haters and those can't be help, but I truly believe many people are in the middle and can indeed be help, haters are like little kids, just give them a peace of candy (meaning what they lacking) to appease them and instead of a hater you might get a person who might actually like you.

I can give many examples of how a have successfully dealt with haters my whole life, but jeez, that would be a book.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Bunch,

That would be an interesting book! Also I am of the belief that both hate and love are "four letter words." It's up to everybody which one the want to keep in thier vocabulary and state of mind.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A couple years back I rolled up into a convalescent home where my grandmother was residing, and I was straight mackin' all the old ladies, and all the old dudes were hatin' on me, so I know where you're coming from.

I was gettin' the Depends like none of those old dudes has ever seen.

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I believe so too, I also believe that many people don't understand how to deal with complicated people for many reasons, don't have time, don't want to put the effort or simply don't care.

When I found myself in a situation that someone don't like me, I try my best to bring that person to my side or to at least understand the root of that feeling that the person displays towards me, many time I find that they are misinterpretation, a bad impression that I cause, there are time that I can do nothing about it but more than often I find myself able to resolve the matter.

Then you say the other person saying: " Man I didn't talk to you because I thought you were like this", " when I first saw you I thought you were like that" and some other comments along those lines.

Is true that you can't go around pleasing everybody and that's not what I'm talking about here.

I think that every human being in the world should take a psychology class, if anything to understand the inner works of our brain as it relates to human behaviour, when I took that class college it completely change the way I understood and dealt with people. Its being a great tool for me in every aspect of my life.

After those classes I understood what it took to deal with all kinds of people, haters, lovers, attention seekers, motivation lackers, self motivated persons, know it alls, self esteem lacking people, I mean the whole nine yards.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Those in glass houses....

Lord Infamous, I remember not too long ago I was getting on your case because you posted a thread that was all about you hatin' on big women trying to get some action.

Sounds like you can be a hater yourself, and an extremily judgemental one at that.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

What you said was about the funniest thing I have read in weeks! I laughed so hard I was crying! You made my day, and I am sure you made the little old ladies day too!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

nah i got on the roll about big women wanting some action because that's something that gets on my nerves.

haters hate because of jealousy and envy

i'm not jealous or envious of anyone. fat women included.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ahh that was a fun read.

some lolz points at times.

got them haterblockers on

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
reply to post by welivefortheson

blah. haters are losers. nobody likes losers. that's why people talk bad about them.

it's just amazing. their lives are horrible. but yet they somehow mangage to muster up the audacity to talk crap about other people's lives. but hey...to each his own.

how old are you?

you sound like a teenager ranting on about popularity.

what defines a looser in your eyes?.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Point to consider -- every single emotion you have is nothing more than a bunch of chemical reactions in your brain. You keep on hating, you keep on flooding your brain with that specific chemical cocktail that codes for the emotion called hate.

Lose that addiction, you'll be better off.

Very profound.

It goes true for many other chemical responses at some point the brain recognizes it as a reward and will make a way for it too keep coming until we stop feeding it.

Both of you bring up a good point, however both of your logics are flawed. If hate is a chemical response in the brain, then Love and Joy are also chemical responses in the brain, well witch makes you feel good?

If emotions can be addicting, the ones that make you feel good would win over the ones that don't make you feel good.

Also, hate is learned, it is reactionary, a self defense mechanism toward negative things that have occurred in ones life, I learned to hate as a teen, [before that I was just mean and aggressive], and to have anger and rage, if it wasn't for this I would not have survived. I have attempted to not be this way, but I don't know how, and nobody has ever taught me. But it does keep me warm at night.

I was born knowing how to love.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Both of you bring up a good point, however both of your logics are flawed.

Nothing wrong with my logic. But my words might have been interpreted incorrectly. I said every single emotion is a chemical response. This includes love.

What I was talking about was losing the addiction to the negative emotions, specifically hate.

If emotions can be addicting, the ones that make you feel good would win over the ones that don't make you feel good.

In a perfect world, that would be true. But the world isn't perfect. Your assertion that hate is a defence mechanism is correct. From an evolutionary standpoint, which is more useful? Hate or love? I'd say the former, because it rallies the tribe into a bloodlust and excitement of a final conquest (against a rival tribe).

Here's a scientific paper you can read that covers this subject.
Why We Hate You: The Passions of National Identity and Ethnic Violence

It explains a lot why one of your last threads was such a hit piece. You know which one I'm talking about.

Edit: grammar

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Nothing wrong with my logic. But my words might have been interpreted incorrectly. I said every single emotion is a chemical response. This includes love.

Point taken and Interesting to say the least. The more I think about it, my logic was flawed, I know people who are addicted to pain, physical pain Adriniline junkies if you will call it that. So feeling Good is not a good basis for my argument.

What I was talking about was losing the addiction to the negative emotions, specifically hate.

Well Yoda says
"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will"
And
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

How to lose this?

In a perfect world, that would be true. But the world isn't perfect. Your assertion that hate is a defence mechanism is correct. From an evolutionary standpoint, which is more useful? Hate or love? I'd say the former, because it rallies the tribe into a bloodlust and excitement of a final conquest (against a rival tribe).

I both agree and disagree, if the rival tribe is attacked and they love each other, they will make a stand for each other.
another movie quote:
"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle. And I've seen the lowliest, unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body, to defend a dying horse. Nobility is not a birthright. It's defined by one's actions."

What would you do to defend the one you love?

It explains a lot why one of your last threads was such a hit piece. You know which one I'm talking about.

As do you 20 posts I see.
Funny these posts received nothing:
Scientists urge $2-3 billion study of ocean health
and
Anti-polio drive gets $200m boost
A little snapshot of the world we all live in. Is it easier to love or to hate?

I'm here for now:

LOL I just couldn't resist!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I both agree and disagree, if the rival tribe is attacked and they love each other, they will make a stand for each other.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Care to elaborate?

"I've seen knights in armor panic at the first hint of battle. And I've seen the lowliest, unarmed squire pull a spear from his own body, to defend a dying horse. Nobility is not a birthright. It's defined by one's actions."

What would you do to defend the one you love?

Totally different ballpark. Mob mentality and an individual's mentality isn't the same. And defending a person or a place you love is not the same as calling for the death of others due to hate although hate often becomes an unfortunate by-product of such defence.

As do you 20 posts I see.
Funny these posts received nothing:
Scientists urge $2-3 billion study of ocean health
and
Anti-polio drive gets $200m boost
A little snapshot of the world we all live in. Is it easier to love or to hate?

Well, you'll see that my first post was an attempt to steer it away from the all too predictable pattern of hate those threads degenerate into. The subsequent posts were aimed at denying ignorance by putting things in context and removing misconceptions. I should have known better. It rarely works... so much for denying ignorance.

Sad isn't it? With all our sophistication and delusions of being civilized, deep down we're no different from chimpanzees going to war. Even right now in that aforementioned thread that has not been moderated for a while, there is a chimp beating on the drums of war with thinly veiled hate posts.

Edit to add: You asked how to lose hate. I'm not sure, but for me, understanding the complexities of a situation seems to help. It's not an easy thing to do, though. We long for simplicity in our lives, which are already complex. It's a tall order to look beneath the surface. But if you put your heart to it, it can be done.

After all if one can believe in the craziest and most outrageous of conspiracies, why not divert that thinking energy into understanding the complexities of events in the real world?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

The point I was trying to make was that one person defending there home and loved ones, equals ten hired soldiers. Just look at battles that have occurred in history one example is the Battle of Thermopylae [300] when a massive invading army was slowed down or even defeated by just a handful of people other example's are Bunker Hill, Masada, and Vietnam.

The reason they prevailed, or just made a stand for so long was because they were defending their home, they were fighting on the side of love against hate greed and all the sins that follow.

Perhaps I don't Hate as much as I let on.

And as for the "other" thread, I would rather not talk about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The reason they prevailed, or just made a stand for so long was because they were defending their home, they were fighting on the side of love against hate greed and all the sins that follow.

True. But if you really think about it, it's not purely love that drives them. I mean, sure they love their homes and families and will defend it to the death, but at the same time, there's that hate of the enemy that's attacking them unjustly. It's complex. And it's all a bunch of chemical processes in the brain.

Opened a can of worms, didn't it?

It's cool. Threads like that help me identify the ignorants (and those who choose to remain ignorant) and the racists who'll inevitably come out of the woodwork to join the rally

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

True. But if you really think about it, it's not purely love that drives them. I mean, sure they love their homes and families and will defend it to the death, but at the same time, there's that hate of the enemy that's attacking them unjustly. It's complex. And it's all a bunch of chemical processes in the brain.

The hate is in the leader of the army and the elite soldiers, the ones that believe in their attempted conquest. The average soldier is nothing more than a paid conscript, they often don't even agree with the war or fight they are involved in.
Very complex

Opened a can of worms, didn't it?

.................. and there crawling Everywhere, I liked the points at first, but now.....

It's cool. Threads like that help me identify the ignorants (and those who choose to remain ignorant) and the racists who'll inevitably come out of the woodwork to join the rally

True

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

Originally posted by LordInfamous
reply to post by welivefortheson

blah. haters are losers. nobody likes losers. that's why people talk bad about them.

it's just amazing. their lives are horrible. but yet they somehow mangage to muster up the audacity to talk crap about other people's lives. but hey...to each his own.

how old are you?

you sound like a teenager ranting on about popularity.

what defines a looser in your eyes?.

this has nothing to do with popularity guy. a hater is a loser. that's exactly what i said up there. ppl who hate on ppl because they have something they want, can do something they wish they could do, who constantly stay jealous and envious of other ppl are losers. and if a hater isin't a loser then i don't know what is.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Again, this all comes down to opinion.

My view of a hater is someone who hates another person, not only out of jealousy but it can also include out of simple prejudice or dislike for that person or some stereotype the hater has put that person into that the hater does not like.

So again, the word hater is subjective and you can not force someone to agree with your subjective opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i'm not trying to force my opinion(and if you perceive it that way then i don't give a damn). i'm merely stating my opinion

just like i was doing in my thread on big ladies.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by LordInfamous]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Actually there is another chemical thing that happens after anger disperses that creates a flood of good endorphins.

Ever notice how happy some people are after a good cry?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join