It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot: my theory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's actually pretty common for even fairly experienced folks to have a panic reaction to something like that.

Consider that all your normal ideas and senses tell you that this creature should NOT be there - yet you just saw it.

This blows the doors off of common sense. In fact Mr W. mentioned that he was wondering if it was some kind of ghost.

Obviously a ghost is not ruled by traffic laws or speed limits and so it wouldn't be perceived like a gorilla.

We used to joke about shows like GhostHunters and Autumn Williams's Mysterious Encounters about how, after tracking these things at great expense their first reaction is to Runnnnnnn!

Bear in mind that this was a totally startling thing, because unlike the Bigfoot hunters, who also run, Mr W was just driving home and not hunting cryptoids.

(If you believe the Patterson sighting is real, note that despite being seasoned hunters and trackers, used to living in the woods, that they did not track the creature very far beyond what you see in the film. It's not clear if the reason is that they knew it was a guy in a suit or if they were scared, but it might be another example of the panic reaction that ensues)

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I suspect yeti, ufo, aliens, flying birds, mothball man, devils, and all other weirdness the human eye transmits to the brain is ethereal and parallel dimension related. These manifestations leak over into our conscious quantum vector reality.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I personally think Bigfoot may be an alien from a planet similar to ours... Maybe one of the last Martians...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm back. I had to go to bed and then get up and go to work and other mundane stuff. Now, where was I?

Here is my report to BFRO if anyone is interested. Linky.

As for going back to the site, this event took place ten years ago. I had no desire to go back then and still don't. I'm not a hunter and I'm especially not a hunter of monsters. My having seen this was a complete accident or chance occurrence.

One of the reasons I love ATS is the stories of the weird that people have lived, that doesn't mean i want to live them though. I believe Bigfoot exists because I've seen one. He/she can go right on existing without having to worry about me going looking for him.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I was so scared. I was though. A panicky, flee for your life scared.

I think that may be one of the reasons a Bigfoot would avoid man, when he comes across one, we panic. If we have a gun we start shooting, if were in a car we hit the gas and if were on foot and unarmed, I'm not sure what we do in that situation but I'm sure it's not nice. Bigfoot is probably scared as hell of us.

Anyway, where to now...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well thanks for your input, Mr Wupy! And thanks for the link to your report. I've actually read it before!

I was having a discussion about this theory with my roommate's 9 year old kid. He's a smart little guy with kind of a morbid sense of humor and already has an interest in UFOs & Bigfoot etc.

We talked about it for a while and both of us admitted that we'd probably have nightmares that night. The next morning he tells me that he did have a nightmare. He said he dreamt he was a little animal running along the road, being chased by Bigfoot, who was driving a truck. He said Bigfoot was like a redneck
and he ran over him, stopped the truck and got out, walked over to him and stuffed him into his body!

"Hey, I reckon that little beaver'll make a nice mullet haw haw haw!"

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
One of the sceptics' favourite arguments is "where's the carcass". And cryptozoologists have more than ample ammunition for this. The Coelacanth. The Ivory-billed woodpecker. The Borneo Rhino. The Siamese Crocodile. The Baiji Dolphin. The Miss Waldron's red colobus monkey (what a weird name!). There is more and more reason to believe that the Thylacine isn't extinct. And I can go on and on like this.

The point is that all of these animals are alive and kicking while clever smarty-pants man thought they were all dead and non-existing. Sure, some of these animals roam remote and distant locations, but many are found in more populated places - like the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker.

Or take the Big Cats of the UK as another example. The majority doesn’t see these as urban legends anymore. And there is at least one skull that was discovered - whether it's real or not, nobody can decide for certain... And I suspect the same will be the case should a supposed Bigfoot skull be brought forth.

Looking at the amount of "extinct" animals that's discovered to be alive, and the amount of new species discovered every year, we've got more than enough reason to believe that a very rare humanoid species exists - not only in the US, but perhaps even in the Asian and South American continents.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

The one that is really entertaining is "Why, with all the hunters and backpackers out in the wilderness, hasn't Sasquatch been captured?" Those skeptics ask this without a good idea just how vast that "wilderness" is. I mean, seriously, I've been in places in Alaska and Canada where I'm positive that I'm the only human to be there ever, not white man, human period...North America is just so vast an area, you could search for a thousand years and find nothing more than a whole lot of nothin' at all.

Given his evident intelligence, Sasquatch could hide with little effort and by all evidence has done so rather easily.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well, i like this new "view" on the big man/thing himself. But i wonder how they repruduce or if they have astonishing life times?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It will scare you!!! This is very true. My run in with Bigfoot.

However if you get very unlucky like I did stalking for deer you may run into one or I should say it found me. I had a gun, A bolt rifle and I was very fearful of the outcome. It was close to sundown and had the privilege of being stalked by it out of the woods. When I hit the gravel road I ran like hell back to the truck very happy to be in a place where I knew I had the advantage. I never saw it and thats what scared me the most, If it was not a big foot then it was a grizzly sized black bare in Florida where they are always rare and very small. It had a two step walk longer than a man and when its foot hit the ground the ground vibrated. It stopped when it got about ten yards from me and then did not move till I started to slowly walk out backward most of the time hearing it moving toward me off my flank. I have been hunting all my life and have never heard or felt something like that. I was not in bear type woods, I was in a swampy area. I will leave that area of woods to what ever it is and not be hunting there again. If a serious big foot researcher wants to visit that place I will take him or her there at daytime and I will be armed but they will not. I think it would be a huge mistake to shoot at one of these because if you miss you might be killed, I wouldn't shoot till it was attacking.
As for where they hide. They hide where most hunters wont even go just like most critters who feel hunting pressure.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A week ago my brother in law and I were discussing what was new in the wierd department and he told me his bigfoot story again. I'd heard it enough times now that I believe him plus he is an otherwise dependable guy.
He was elk hunting in Oregon (I'll call him up and get exact details if anyone wants them). He was climbing the crest of a ridge and came upon huge human like footprints in the snow and tracked them for over a mile. The feet were much larger that a man's and the stride was about 1 1/2 times what a man could make. No other tracks were seen and it was in a very remote area. He was very convinced it was done by a bigfoot.

Now my theory: They do some of the things that ETs do. They are elusive, they have been associated with ET type craft, they never leave signs of having been here, they sometimes leave strong scents to discourage curious humans, they can somehow induce tremendous fear in humans. All things ETs do.
However they hang out in wilderness situations and seem to live there at times. Some have said they look entirely human except for the hair and size. I'm convinced they are associated with real ETs and part of the paranormal. They are here on short assignments to test and evaluate our environment or just do maintenance or they're on a short vacation.
Or they're here to just scare the heck out of a few humans!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its certainly possible but unlikely IMO because animating dead flesh is such a massive drain that something that big would be rather impractical and i don't think necromancers like living in the forest all that much. but who knows? ive found it hard to get solid reliable info in necromancy. it never hurts to consider anything no matter how different to see if the puzzle pieces fit together

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The main thing here is you really have to experience it for yourself to know what is real and what isn't.

I believe Bigfoot is real because I've seen one, that doesn't mean you should. You have to weigh thru the evidence and make an informed decision. Still, I wouldn't believe in anything until I've actually experienced it for myself.

I've never seen a UFO. There is enough evidence to make me believe that something is actually happening as far as UFO's are concerned. I won't actually believe beyond a doubt until I step aboard one of those puppies.

Doubting is not just your right, it's your responsibility.

Mankind will never grow as long as we take other peoples word as gospel. Don't believe in anything until you've experienced it for yourself.

My final thoughts on this thread,

wupy

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
it never hurts to consider anything no matter how different to see if the puzzle pieces fit together

How very well put! I wish everyone here felt that way.

Yeah, there's some other things causing me to lean away from this theory too. But after talking to you on my other thread, I had another idea. This one's every bit as kooky. Maybe BF is Nephilim? Nearly immortal, but gone through dramatic changes since the time of Genesis. Driven mad by solitude and the ravages of mere existence for several thousand years, but still in possession of survival skills, stealth and some weird ESP fear-inducing vibe?

Not the most bizarre thing I've ever come up with.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

And thanks very much for your input again, MrWupy! I totally agree with everything you just posted too; actually your last post sounds a lot like me talking. I don't necessarily believe in any of this; but I trust the information I've got from certain sources enough to know that some sort of phenomena exists among these subjects. They're misnamed "unexplainable phenomena", and that's part of the conspiracy
They're explainable, and I think some have even been explained. Behind closed doors in some dark chamber to creepy old men in cloaks, but not to us.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's an odd fear because you brain doesn't want to comprehend what your eyes are seeing. That's the best I can put it.

I read something once about bigfoot being a "servant" of aliens (Greys I believe) to carry out certain tasks for them. The aliens don't have the physical attributes to survive here or do whatever it is they need done. It's a wild theory that I don't believe personally, but it did make me read further.

My experience was very up close and personal. They definately have a "stench" but the walking upright factor was the part that just seemed impossible to fathom for me and created the actual fear. Seeing it walk upright in a very human fashion and yet my mind struggled with the fact that I shouldn't be seeing what I was seeing.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It's an odd fear because you brain doesn't want to comprehend what your eyes are seeing. That's the best I can put it.

This made me think of the word "monster". We are taught our whole lives, or at least several times during childhood by the people in the world we trust most, the ones who brought us into it, that "there's no such thing as monsters."

BF would be the very definition of a monster, I think, and having that unravel in a big stinky, hairy, fearsome looking hulk right in front of you would have to be an undefinable kind of fear. So maybe there's nothing paranormal about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Well, I expected a bear where I was at the time, but not a bear that walked on two legs. I found out later I was also in the highest BF sighting location in the world, Manning Park British Columbia, Canada.

Monster IS a good term.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks to Mr W for his comments on this thread.

Unlike the gentleman from BFRO, I did find AR-463, but it's actually not between Fayetteville and Jonesboro. It's SE of Jonesboro, and connects Jonesboro to Trumann, AR.

If he took the southern route, or Interstate 40 nearly to Memphis then swung north through Trumann to Jonesboro, he would have been on AR-463. The trip is about 5hrs and 30 minutes, but the Interstate, though faster adds about 100 miles to the trip. It might be the preferable route, as 62 (which the BFRO guy surmises) would probably through twisty mountain roads.

He would have been on AR-463 for about 20 miles.

There is a 4 mile wide forest area to the east of Trumann, but it's not named as any kind of wilderness preserve or state park.

Wooded area

There doesn't appear to be any substantial wooded areas along AR-463 looking at the map, but that wooded area linked above is just a couple miles from the road.

I don't want to bother the W man anymore on this as I know it's upsetting, and I apologize for any distress this query may have caused him.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Thanks to Mr W for his comments on this thread.

Indeed! And thank you for bringing us that link! It looks like such a densely populated area now; I wonder if it could've changed much in 10 years. The only BF country I've been is in N. California, and I wasn't too deep in those woods.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah, it's hard to tell what that terrain is like using Wikimapia. It could be scrub, it could be farmland. It's parceled out, but there might not be that many dwellings.

I wasn't implying that the area near that road has no woods, mind you. Just that it's not an obvious gigantic forest like the Ozarks (which is in the area between Jonesboro and Fayetteville, iirc).

I mainly wanted to shore up that part of the account since I read that the BFRO guy was saying he couldn't find AR-463.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join