It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are Elijah and Enoch today?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Hi/

Where did I get the information on the Two Witnesses?
I remember being told and also finding the information on a web site which 'Google' seems to wipe away the information for obvious reasons.
It's a good thing to have books besides the internett....so here goes....

Revelation 11:7-8 And when they shall have finished their testimony,the beast that ascedeth out of the bottomless pit shall make was against them, and kill them.And their dead bodies shall lie in the streets of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
This shall happen only after the two witnesses have finished their testimony about the Antichrists plan of mankind.
''In this city he will establish his kingdom and the royal throne in the likeness of David..so as to prove that he is Christ who fullfills the Prophet's word:I will raise up the tabernacle of David that is fllen and will rebuild the ruins of it(Amos 9:11,septugient)
(also compiled by S. Andrew,ch 30 )

next chapter.......
11:9-10 And they of the people and kindred and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another;because theses two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
..self explanatory?

Next....
11:11-12 And after three days and a half the Spirits of life from God entered into them,and they stood upon their feet;and great fear fell upon them which saw them.And they heard a great voice in heaven saying unto them,Come up hither.And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud;and their enemies beheld them.
Again self explanatory?
The happiness of the enemies of God wont last.
The two prophets shall be risen to heaven...raised from the dead because they did not yet ,up until now experience physical death.
Next......
11:13.And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand:and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God in heaven.
This earthquake is similar to what happened when Christ on the Cross was crucified.....

for your question regarding Skull land....
Jewish traditions also says Adam's skull was buried near Jerusalem by Noah's son, Shem, and guarded by Melchizedek, the priest-king of Salem (Jerusalem) at the time of Abraham (Ex. 14:18).

The Gospels tells us that Jews called the place "Golgotha," meaning "Skull Place."
"Golgotha".......
In Greek, the first written language of the New Testament, Golgotha was translated "Kranios"
Which is also similar to the word in 'Kronos' meaning Crown......The Head?
Ok, now I'm sounding like the Guy in 'My big Fat Greek wedding'.....I had to laugh at myself!
hope that help you out.......
take care,
helen......

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
How about.... the whole darn story is a crock?

It amazes me how people have questions and debates about the religion they believe in so fully, yet if you try to tell them that the universe is big enough to have other living things out there, you're considered a loon.

Just to state for the record, I do believe in god. But I think the bible was created as an act of politics.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect. As you can tell I'm in a bit of a mood. Don't take me too seriously.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9

How about.... the whole darn story is a crock?

It amazes me how people have questions and debates about the religion they believe in so fully, yet if you try to tell them that the universe is big enough to have other living things out there, you're considered a loon.

Just to state for the record, I do believe in god. But I think the bible was created as an act of politics.

Sorry, I mean no disrespect. As you can tell I'm in a bit of a mood. Don't take me too seriously.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by dionysius9]

Hi dionysius9/

The Universe is big enough to hold other beings, but to be put simply as to what these beings are, that's another matter and another post!

I do like your Signature quote!

helen

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

helen670,
Thanks for info on why Adam's skull was in Jerusalem. Yeah also am a Christian and well versed as to where information on the two witnesses comes from. My original question resonates around Where are they now.
If they are in original human body(which they must be if Elijah/Enoch) who have not experienced death- could they be in heaven(thus not in eternal body)..If they are not in eternal body then by earth age they are a couple thousand years old(somewhere)..

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Hi BlackProjects/

From what I have read and understood, is that Elijah and Enoch roam the Earth or the heavens(heavens being the whole universe/above and below) till the last days....being in their bodies as they were, it is understood that they are very, very old....not quite sure?

They shall both appear to testify and no one shall have power over them, until their testimony is complete.
It is known that they shall appear before the appearance of the Antichrist, or at the same time.

''The Old Testament tells us that Enoch and Elijah were assumed bodily into heaven.''
the coming of Elijah and Enoch in the last days (Rev. 11)

a little information on Elijah(Elias in Greek)

Elias of great fame was from Thisbe or Thesbe, a town of Galaad (Gilead), beyond the Jordan.
He was of priestly lineage, a man of a solitary and ascetical character, clothed in a mantle of sheep skin, and girded about his loins with a leathern belt. His name is interpreted as "Yah is my God."
His zeal for the glory of God was compared to fire, and his speech for teaching and rebuke was likened unto a burning lamp.

Elias was suddenly snatched away by a fiery chariot in the year 895 B.C., and he ascended as though into heaven, whither God most certainly translated him alive, as He did Enoch (Gen. 5:24; IV Kings 2: 11).

That help?

helen

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't remember Rev 11 saying they are in heaven now...For them to bodily be in heaven now poses questions since they are in their "sinfull" flesh prior to any judgement and their receiving eternal bodies. God would have a problem with that.. Also it would imply that just being in heaven stops aging process. Oh well I know God can do what he wants or there is factor not being thought of here.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hello my name is albert I have the three books of enoch plus the dead sea scrolls and the lost books of the bible , I'm 60 years old I have study and research about he two witnesses for over 40 years started when I was 20 years old believe me when I say only a few will know the truth and believe and be saved by christ and that is the kingdom of God within us after we believed in Jesus .What are the two witnesses prophesying when they return they are making straight the path of God through his son they are reproving what the churches of man failed to do.because of mans own greed and lust for power, to be seen of man to receive his glory not seeking Gods glory through his own son. The two witnesses was kept and reserved for the last days to reach Gods remaining few with the real truth and to send down the wrath of God on those that refuse the message and the truth they stated, why would God send these two holy men back if the churches is preaching the whole truth.Jesus stated many will say didn't I cast out demons in thy name , Jesus will turned to them and say I never knew you .When the two witnesses appear they will stand before the god of the earth .or the establish churches of men to reprove them and will be hated just like Jesus was in his time by those hebrew priest. I can offer a lot of proff to support what I'm saying , the two witnesses is on the earth right now waiting for God to raise them up in power to fight the antichrist that will take power ,its very near everything is working in Gods time ,it will not happen till God allows it to start each majory player in the lastdays is hidden till then.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
1. In Saudi Arabia, there are 3 walls in the city of Mina, a few miles from Mecca, whereby muslim pilgrims perform the ritual of 'stoning the devil' (Jarmarat)

This tradition dates back to the time of Abraham whereby the devil arosed from there to tempt him, but the angel Gabriel told him to stone the devil, which brought the devil back into the pit.

2. It was from this ritual that some ignorant folks labelled the Haji pilgrimage as worshipping the devil from the bottomless pit, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

3. Could this be the 'bottomless pit' whereby the antichrist be seen, and witnessed by millions of pilgrims?

4. During the siege of Mecca in 1979 at a time of Haji ( pilgrimage month), planned in conjuction between militants and the persian Khomeni, the mythical Mahdi was supposed to make an appearance, who was only an impostor who took hostages and later executed by the authorities who broke that siege.

Unfortunately, USA was made the scapegoat for the siege by Khomeni, earning hatred by muslims worldwide fooled that lasted till today.

That hatred was strong that it lead to burning of embassies in the middle east and the slaughter of the US ambassador to afghanistan, Adolph Dubs,who was a courageous man in that land occupied by USSR then, battling with the afghanis.

Another courageous and great man - the US ambassor to Libya Christopher Stevens was murdered this year, who bravely called for the support of the free libyan people against the beast and another impostor Mahdi wannabe with his symbolic 13 female bodyguards the mythical man was supposed to have

5. This year 2012, the persian apostate infidel leader Khamenei has yet again brought out the Shia doomsday prophet again, claiming loudly and broadly that he will appear soon. He never learnt.

And the Haji pilgrimage is comming soon, if not already happening now.

May the Saudi Authorities, for security and humanity's sake, put on extra security to watch for any 'unnatural events' and prepare the medical services, evacuation plans for the pilgrims, etc, etc.

Better to be safe than sorry. And americans everywhere be wary of being made scapegoats again. History has a way of repeating itself, espacially amongst fools who never learn.
edit on 28-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Hebrews 9:27
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"
BUT
II Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
AND
Hebrews 11:5 adds: "By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, 'and was not found, because God had taken him'; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

Some believe Elijah and possibly Enoch are the "Two Witnesses" mentioned in Revelations Chapt 11. Both were taken by supernatural means and did not experience death. But you would think they must according to Hebrews 9:27. This leads to many questions ...here are a couple

1) They were taken as mortal men in physical body...thus born from Adam with sin. How could they be allowed into heaven? If that is the case Where are they today? If they are in heaven it obviously is a physical place right? Yet only Christ has been resurrected and has eternal body
They are still there until the appointed time. They have yet to die, but they will, and then they will be resurrected three days later.

2) Thousands of years have passed.. if they are the witnesses then they are not aging or if they are they way older than Methusalah (age 969)
How can this be?
You're seriously asking how this can be, when you're not asking how they could be taken up to heaven without dying in the first place? God is outside of time. The Resurrection of Christ is outside of time. It specifically says that Enoch will not see death as he pleased God- so he will likely not be one of the two witnesses- as the witnesses will die.

3) If one of the two is not one of the two witnesses then doesn't it violate the Hebrews 9:27 verse?
No. It just implies that there is no reincarnation into a different persona over and over again. Moses and Elijah are usually identified as the two witnesses as they were with Christ at his Transfiguration on Mt. Tabor.

Once a person experiences physical death, if they are a believer, then they are considered alive in Christ. When Christ died on the cross he descended into hades and preached to the dead. He raised the righteous dead to life in Him. Literally.

The Paschal Troparion (THE song we sing repeatedly at what you call Easter in the Orthodox Church): Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tombs, bestowing life!

John 6:47-51
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

John 5:25-29
“Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself, and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.

Matthew 27:51-53
“And behold, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth quaked, rocks were split, tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. And coming forth from their tombs after his resurrection, they entered the holy city and appeared to many.”

John 11:23-27
“Jesus said to her, ‘Your brother will rise.’ Martha said to him, ‘I know he will rise, in the resurrection on the last day.’ ”

“Jesus told her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’ ” She said to him, ‘Yes, Lord. I have come to believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, ...’ ”

Matthew 22:32
“ ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

Luke 20:38
“and he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.”

Revelation 21:27
“ … but nothing unclean will enter it, nor any (one) who does abominable things or tells lies. Only those will enter whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.”

edit on 28-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The bible speaks of different levels of heaven. Paul was translated into the third heaven and saw thing to marvelous to speak about. Some say there are 7 levels of heaven. The bible does not state to what level the two witnesses were translated to. In Revelation John is told to come up here into a higher level of heaven. Who’s to say that the ones who died in the faith are not on one level of heaven while God and Jesus are on the highest level where no man has ever been.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Enoch is on earth atm
here are his teachings, read a few you will be hooked

www.futureofmankind.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Where are Elijah and Enoch today

Dead. Maybe reincarnated a few times since the days of scripture .. maybe not.
But they are most definately dead. No humans live for thousands of years.
We all die .. no matter what the myths in the Old Testament say.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiGilgamesh

Enoch is on earth atm

Your 'enoch' accepts advertising from Psychics and Mediums

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
maybe they went to a region near or here?

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

or here

acts1:7
He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
acts1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
acts1:9
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

acts1:10
They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, [color=gold] or where these 2 are from- when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.
acts1:11
"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, [color=gold]will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."
Sometimes to me it seems Heaven is related to sky/cosmic location inhabiting / intelligence / influences or just above EA*RTH.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******
edit on 10/5/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here is what I believe: They are in transit. They are outside of time. They were picked up several thousand years ago by an angelic transport and will be dropped off during the end times to be the two witnesses. To them it will seem as if they took a short plane ride. Could be a matter of minutes or a few hours, time doesn't exist there. To the rest of us they have been missing for thousands of years. Time only exists on Earth. Time does not exist in the Heavens or in the spirit world. It's essentially time travel. They did not die. They have not been in Heaven for thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

And you are wrong about everyone having to die.. in the Rapture ..it says that you are taken up changed and didn't say you would die....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

@ Black Projects

I believe that the purpose of Jesus' ministry was to establish the Kingdom of Heaven. Naturally one must be righteous enough to enter this kingdom of heaven. That really is understood without being the point. Mankind had forgiveness of sin before Jesus but mankind did not have the the permission to enter the heavens.
------------------------------
The bible repeatedly says that Jesus' main topic was The Kingdom of Heaven
Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
----------------------------
By this you can see that salvation is prior to inheriting everlasting life. Before Jesus preached this gospel, no mortal was allowed in the celestial realm.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
------------------------------
Jesus said - John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. ----
The question is "Where is this Father's House with many mansions?" We can assume that it naturally is in Heaven. But which heaven?
---------------------------
Paul tells us that he believes that it is out of this universe. We believe that the air which surrounds this world is called the first heaven. The rest of the universe that surrounds this world is called the second heaven. The celestial realm is that which is outside of this universe and is called the third heaven. This third heaven is the domain of the celestial creation. ---
2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the third heaven.
----------------------------------
As Jesus was dying, there was a man who confessed his sins and Jesus told the man -- Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. ---
The word paradise appears in the KJV three times and all three agree that it means park or garden. So now the question is where is this park or garden? We know (according to the Genesis account ) that there was a garden of Eden that Adam was given and it was taken away from Adam and simply disappeared from our knowledge. My next question is "Where is this paradise?" We assume that it must be in that third heaven that John was talking about.
---------------------------------------
Returning to John - John tells us that Paradise is in that third heaven that he talked about -- 2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
By this we are told that paradise is in the third heaven and out of this universe. In John's old age he revealed another piece of information that hardly any man was ever taught. He told us exactly where paradise was and is today.
-------------------------------------------
Revelations 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. ---
So now we know that the tree of life is in the midst of paradise which is in the third heaven. All we have to do now is find out where the tree of life is.
-----------------------------------------
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. ----------

John just told us the mystery of where paradise is. Third heaven, paradise, tree of life, New Jerusalem.
-------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus preached was given to the human family after He died. That was why the thief on the cross was given this everlasting gift of the salvation message. The tree of life was taken from man in Genesis and given back to man in Revelations. The Father's House of many mansions is none other than NEW JERUSALEM.
-------------------------------------
The Kingdom of God, which Jesus preached, is paradise and is located in New Jerusalem and as the ones who were in Abraham's Bosom were led from captivity into New Jerusalem, then all who have died since are resurrected into New Jerusalem. The tree of life is now the food of eternal life and in order to live celestial you must live and drink from this paradise.

A last day judgment only applies to those who are alive at the end of this world. All who have died since Christ will be judged immediately and given either hell or paradise (New Jerusalem). A soul is never unconscious otherwise hell is a myth. Don't confuse Judaic teaching with Christian teaching.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Continued from above --

I understand that that the tree of life is in paradise and that paradise is in New Jerusalem. I also understand that as the soul (spirit) of a person was interred in the earth that this soul or spirit was considered a naked soul. In other words that soul had not as yet been resurrected into a celestial soul. Once that soul was given re birth (resurrection), it then became a celestial soul with the garments of glory and a new name.

The reason that the soul did not require the tree of life before it was resurrected was that it was not a celestial substance. Now that it is in a resurrection it then requires celestial food and water. There is a spiritual body and a celestial body. All celestial bodies are spiritual bodies but not all spiritual bodies are celestial bodies. When you read the bible there is a misunderstanding among some of the authors understanding of resurrection. This is simply that even the Apostles were not aware of the celestial substance in resurrection. This is why Revelations is so important to understand. This was indeed a revelation to all Christ followers simply because they were foremost Jews of Judaic teachings. This was that which Jesus taught and it took some time to be understood by most.

There are four places that the soul resides. In the body of a person (before judgment). In Hell, or New Jerusalem (after judgment). In the Bosom of Jesus (before judgment). The Bosom of Jesus is reserved for those who are to be restored and are not accountable for sin. This is believed that Lazarus was in the Bosom of Jesus and then restored. Lazarus was not resurrected because he was not judged at that time. If he had been judged he would have either been in Hell or Abraham's Bosom. In order to be judged you must be accountable for sin. The aborted, and infants as well as mentally challenged are not accountable for sin.

Elijah and Enoch were not allowed to enter the celestial realm before the kingdom of heaven was established. Jesus made this very clear. They either were in Abraham's Bosom and are now resurrected or in the Bosom of Jesus waiting for restoration. The scriptures do not tell us the exact place. Terrestrial substance is not allowed in the celestial realm, therefore all mortals must eventually die (shed this terrestrial substance) in order to become a spiritual body.

Judaic belief (at that time) was varied in teaching. Not all Jews believed the same and it was not accepted by all Jews that all people who died would lay in an unconscious state till a final resurrection day. In fact some sects of Judaism did not believe in any afterlife whatsoever. Jesus preached a brand new doctrine of a Kingdom in Heaven and even then most Jews did not even understand this new doctrine. This doctrine was then revealed some years later to the Apostle John in his final years of life. It is my understanding that even some Apostles knew that there would be a last day judgment but were never taught that Jesus would die and return as the Word of God.

Jesus taught that you only die once -- Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If the old dead decayed body was resurrected and then judged then that body would die twice at the least. In either case of judgment it would die twice and regardless of whether it was righteous or unrighteous it would
have to die again. Jesus teaches that this is not true. It dies once and then is judged as a spiritual body. The terrestrial body only obeys the soul of that body. The terrestrial body is nothing but a house for the soul.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Both Elijah and Enoch are in Heaven today. Though men are appointed to die, the Bible also states that not everyone shall sleep (die). However, the Two Witnesses do not represent human beings at all.

John 5:39(KJV) (I added the bold and underlines)
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

In that verse Jesus said the scriptures are they which testify of Him. Or, one could say they are His Witnesses.

The Two Witnesses are the Old and New Testaments. The Old Testament foretold the coming of the Messiah, and the New Testament confirmed His arrival on earth. They are His Witnesses. People say there were books which were taken out of the Bible, and this is true. The people who did so were led, most likely unknowingly, by the influence of the Holy Spirit, to leave certain books, and take out certain books. God knew which books were optimum for our salvation.

The Authorized King James Bible is the only one which was translated out of the original tongues. All others have things emitted from them, or changed. Those who decided which books were to stay and which were to go, most likely did that with an arrogance which made them feel as though they had power which even God did not have; though they were actually being led by His Spirit. Sometimes people with evil intentions are used by God to do His work. Just look at Judas Iscariot.

Elijah's being taken to Heaven without seeing death was for the purpose of fulfilling one of Jesus' prophecies:

Matthew 16:28(KJV)
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Eight days after saying this, Jesus took Peter, John, and James up into a mountain to pray. While He was praying, Jesus was transfigured into His heavenly form, and Elijah and Moses both appeared and talked with Jesus about what He was about to go through. When Jesus told them that there be some standing there which will not taste death until they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom, He was telling them that there were some of them in His presence at that moment which shall have a little taste of the it will be like during the second coming, when He arrives in all His power and heavenly glory.

Elijah was taken to Heaven without seeing death. Moses was taken to Heaven after dying and then being resurrected. Those two men represent the two classes of people which shall exist when Jesus returns. The righteous dead will arise at the sound of His voice, and then those who are alive and righteous will be translated in the twinkling of an eye to meet them in the air. What Peter, John, and James saw, was a miniature version of what will happen when Jesus returns: Jesus will arrive in His heavenly form (how He appeared at the Transfiguration), the righteous dead shall rise (represented by Moses who had died and then was resurrected), and those who are alive and righteous will be translated without seeing death to meet them all in the air (represented by Elijah, who went to Heaven without seeing death).

Enoch was one of the few people in his day who preached the word of God the way it was meant to be. His love for the Lord was so strong that God used him to preach to the people. Enoch knew about the flood. And when his son, Methuselah, died, the flood happened. The name Methuselah means "in the year he dies, it shall be sent," implying Enoch's knowledge of the flood. Enoch's love and tenderness for his own son showed him how much love God has for His children by His sending His Son to die for the sins of the world. Enoch was well aware of the plan of salvation. To put it shortly, Enoch was as upright and righteous a man as there ever will be. He was saved from the wickedness of his day, and a possibly horrible death, by being taken to Heaven, as a reward for his righteous services to God.

Here is an excellent study on the Two Witnesses. It's not very long, and will take you only about 10 minutes, maybe 15, to read it: www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka

Originally posted by HiGilgamesh

Enoch is on earth atm

Your 'enoch' accepts advertising from Psychics and Mediums

with a website you paste the google link and it displays ads with a similar topic lol, did you read anything though is the question

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join