page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hebrews 9:27
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"
BUT
II Kings 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
AND
Hebrews 11:5 adds: "By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, 'and was not found, because God had taken him'; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

Some believe Elijah and possibly Enoch are the "Two Witnesses" mentioned in Revelations Chapt 11. Both were taken by supernatural means and did not experience death. But you would think they must according to Hebrews 9:27. This leads to many questions ...here are a couple

1) They were taken as mortal men in physical body...thus born from Adam with sin. How could they be allowed into heaven? If that is the case Where are they today? If they are in heaven it obviously is a physical place right? Yet only Christ has been resurrected and has eternal body

2) Thousands of years have passed.. if they are the witnesses then they are not aging or if they are they way older than Methusalah (age 969)
How can this be?

3) If one of the two is not one of the two witnesses then doesn't it violate the Hebrews 9:27 verse?

Theory..they were taken aboard a UFO which travelled near speed of light to who knows where...Only to return at the end times and be placed in jerusalem. The earth has aged thousands of years but Elijah and Enoch only a couple.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That is a very intriguing question indeed. As I understand it , Jesus left to go prepare a place, so until Judgment Day nobody except Jesus, God, and Angels are supposed to be in Heaven. Im very interested in seeing how this one pans out.

My 2 Cents,
Ancient 1

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know where they are. According to scripture, in "Heaven", with "God and the Angels".

Oh dear, this puts us back at square one of: who is God and the Angels? and what is Heaven?

So they could be on a UFO, or they could really truly be in heaven as it is written. Id like to think they are in Heaven, pleading with God to allow them to come to the Earth to die, so they can usher in Messiah.

[edit on 11/27/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

IT CAME about that as [Elijah and Elisha] were walking along, speaking as they walked, why, look! a fiery war chariot and fiery horses, and they proceeded to make a separation between them both; and Elijah went ascending in the windstorm to the heavens.”—2 Kings 2:11.

So the question is, "To Which heavens did Elijah ascend?

What is meant by the word “heavens” in this case? The term sometimes applies to the spiritual dwelling place of God and his angelic sons. as in(Matthew 6:9; 18:10)

But “Heavens” may also denote the physical universe. (Deuteronomy 4:19) And the Bible uses this term to refer to earth’s immediate atmosphere, where birds fly and winds blow, as ahown in Psalm 78:26; Matthew 6:26.

To which of these heavens did the prophet Elijah ascend? Evidently, he was transferred through earth’s atmosphere and placed on a different part of the globe. Elijah was still on earth years later, for he wrote a letter to King Jehoram of Judah. (2 Chronicles 21:1, 12-15)

That Elijah did not ascend to the spiritual abode was later confirmed by Jesus Christ, who declared: “No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man,” that is, Jesus himself.

The apostle Paul states that Enoch and others making up the great cloud of pre-Christian witnesses ‘all died’ and “did not get the fulfillment of the promise.” (Hebrews 11:13, 39) Why? Because all humans, including Enoch, have inherited sin from Adam. (Psalm 51:5; Romans 5:12) The only means of salvation is through the ransom sacrifice of Christ Jesus. (Acts 4:12; 1 John 2:1, 2) In Enoch’s day that ransom had not yet been paid. Therefore, Enoch did not go to heaven, but he is asleep in death awaiting a resurrection on earth.—John 5:28, 29.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
With regard to Enoch:
Enoch was the first person described in the Scriptures as walking with God. The Bible record says: “After his fathering Methuselah Enoch went on walking with the true God.” (Genesis 5:22)

Then, after reporting the length of Enoch’s life—which, while long compared with our life span, was short for those days—the record says: “Enoch kept walking with the true God. Then he was no more, for God took him.” (Genesis 5:24)

Evidently, God transferred Enoch from the land of the living to the sleep of death before opposers could lay hold of him.

(Hebrews 11:5) 5 By faith E′noch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well. . .

Confirming that he really died we can refer to HEbrews 11:13

13 In faith all these died, although they did not get the [fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land.

Jesus was the first one to ascend to heaven. (John 3:13; Hebrews 6:19, 20) Enoch’s being “transferred so as not to see death” may mean that God put him in a prophetic trance and then terminated his life while he was in that state.

Under such circumstances, Enoch did not suffer, or “see death,” at the hands of his enemies.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was reading once on the Mayan calender and it mentions that part of their calendar is based on the moon cycles and is 360 days just like the Jewish calendar. I was wondering if Elijah had been picked up and taken to South America where he taught the Mayans their calender. The Mayans do mention a man with a long white flowing beard. Could he have been picked up by a UFO and dropped off in South America? I don't know if the timelines match up. It would be something to investigate. What timeline was this that Elijah went up in the whirlwind?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
BlackProjects: I've always been taught they are the "two witnesses".

It just sounds logical. It doesn't take a great deal of stretching the imagination to think this.

Now, the UFO stuff...who can say?

[edit on 11/27/07 by Zane Zackerly]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

He started his long career as prophet in Israel during the reign of King Ahab, who began to rule about 940 B.C.E., and continued during the reign of Ahab’s son Ahaziah (began c. 919 B.C.E.). (1Ki 22:51)

The last time he is mentioned as serving as a prophet (this time for Judah) is toward the end of the eight-year reign of King Jehoram of Judah, which rule started in 913 B.C.E.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ooooooooo chariots of fire......good song.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow thanks everyone some great thoughts.. Sparky63, I didn't know about that letter. Just seems to me the bible would have mentioned Enoch's death more specifically. (ala he died not this translated comment).

I know Lahaye and others believe one on the Two witness of revelation is none other than Moses. We do know of cases such as Lazarus where people die more than once. Also I belive there is mention somewhere about Moses body being prepared by angels..

I just don't think there can be an exception to the death rule....at least until the rapture. It could be that is mainly in there to demonstrate the idea of humans being "caught up"

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

where are enoch and elijah?they are both dead--------waiting for Messiahs return and the first resurrection.daniel 12:13go your way(daniel) till the end (of your life)then you will enter into rest and rise again for your reward at the end of the age.enoch and elijah were spared the misery they suffered in their lifetimes at the hands of their tormentors and taken to a safe place on earth to live out the rest of their days in peace.with noah------------G-D did it differently------------destroyed the wicked -----to give noah peace by the flood----------and a repeat to come at the end of Messiahs 1000 year kingdom of G-D rule on earth------------the wicked to be destroyed by fire(as sodom was an example of whats to come)-----------to give G-D and Their people peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

They will come when the anti-Christ starts his crap and they will prophecise in the streets of Israel.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

2 witnesses will come--------------who they are is not yet revealed------------just like the beast and false prophet are not revealed just yet-----------the greek language used in the book of revelation does not differentiate between a he or a she-----------the beast could very well be a woman--------------while the false prophet more than likely will be a man(the pope)i suspect-----------in like manner the 2 witnesses------------1 might be a women and the other probably a man----------just a hunch on my part because i believe with G-D anything is possible--------but i doubt enoch and elijah will be the 2 witnesses because scripture says not even king david went to G-Ds heaven------only Messiah and when He returns no one else that died will preceed Him.acts 2:29-35------1 thess.4:13-17

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Errmm...dead - if they ever existed that is....

Jimbo

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

You think anyone is just going to listen to just some random people? Only two people claiming this and with miracles would anyone listen and you know that. His name is God not G-d. Don't deny him and his son because that is the one thing that has brought all the worlds troubles down upon us.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
They won't listen to them at first, but after they have been killed and put out for display, they rise from the dead. People might listen a little closer then.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hi/

Where is Elijah(Elias) and Enoch?

There are a few threads similar to this post..
Here

Elijah and Enoch are the Two candlesticks spoken of in the New Testament in Revelation...These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.(Rev 11:4).
...they also have been given power to change the weather in the end of days!
'''I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord
(Malachi 4:5)

Theses two prophets will appear at the same time or just before the Antichrist makes his appearance to the World..
They will be here to testify against the Antichrist.
They will be murdered in the same place that Jesus Christ was Crucified,which was the place that Adam and Eve's skulls lay....the Blood of Christs blood spilt on the graves of the first people and destroyed DEATH....which was written would happen in the Old Testament....

and more on the subject Here

helen

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Helen nice post. Thanks for BTS links on end times. Where do you get the "place where skulls of Adam and Eve lay"?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

there is a specific reason why i use the term G-D and that reason is because there is no english word that is the correct translation done by the translators of our english bibles of/from the hebrew Elohiym/Eloah/El/AdonayYah/Yahvah----------or the greek Theos------------our old uninspired translators took upon themselves to take a german word gott----which properly translates into the english god but what that word actually means is a molten image---------and has absolutely nothing to do with the Deity in heaven

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Elijah and Enoch, its my understanding, did not experience 'death' - -
which every other individual on earth throughout history has done.

being "taken-out-of-this-world" is neither Death nor is it an Ascension
to Heaven, so Jesus and theology are both correct.
neither Elijah, Enoch ever 'ascended' to heaven...because they were whisked up to heaven, which is out of our time-space loop.

by deduction 'we' (in general) are thinking the 'two witnesses' are the two persons who scripturally never 'died' but are later sent to a particular time in earth history for a 'mission' during the period called 'End Times'/ (Daniels' 70th week)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join