It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA satellite finds evidence for parallel universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

NASA satellite finds evidence for parallel universe

www.paternitytestinglabs.com

Last August, astronomers working on the analysis of data being acquired by NASA’s WMAP (Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe) satellite announced that they found a huge void in the universe. A void is a region of space that has much less material (stars, nebulae, dust and other material) than the average. Since our universe is relatively heterogeneous, empty spaces are not rare, but in this case the enormous magnitude of the hole is way outside the expected range. The hole found in the constellation of Eridanus is about a billion light years across, which is roughly 10,000 times as large as our galaxy or 400 times the distance to Andromeda, the closest “large” galaxy.

Evidence for a parallel universeThe dimension of the hole is so big that at first glance, it results impossible to explain under the current cosmological theories, although scientists put forward some explanations based on certain theoretical models that might predict the existence of “giant knots” in space known as topological defects.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say.........."cool?" I guess....

www.paternitytestinglabs.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have a feeling you posted the wrong link to the story. Unless NASA are hosting their findings on paternity testing websites now..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The link to the original story is on this site.

space.newscientist.com...

but you must pay $4.95 to know the truth!

That would be great if scientists could find evidence of parallel universes, but I fear it may be evidence of Galactus or Unicron.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nope, the site even states that although the news article has nothing to do with DNA, it has such far reaching implications that the site's owners decided to add it to their site.
My biggest question after reading the article is how exactly they jump to the conclusion that it is evidence proving that there is a parallel universe. I do not see the evidence to support this.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here is another link to the story.

www.digitaljournal.com...

And here is a link to a story back in September of 2007.

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This isn't breaking news. The Eridanus Supervoid has been known to exist for quite a while...

WMAP cold spot

It is a new theory, though (the parallel Universe thing).

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If Digg.com calls it breaking news, its breaking news....J/K
If the topic needs to be moved I'm fine with that.

BlueRidge

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
could it be evidance of the big crunch? or maybe its the centre of the universe, could be as surely if the big bang theory is correct would it not leave some sort of gap where everything expanded outwards?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
this topic has been discussed in length at the link below pls contribute

Gaping hole found in universe

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
it is 10 billion light years away,thus we are seeing it as it was 10 billion years ago,4 billion years after the big bang.

id like to throw a wild theory out and say it is the remains of an ancient universe,cold and dark,like ours will be one day.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Freaky Physics Proves Parallel Universes Exist

The multi-verse theory says the entire universe "freezes" during observation, and we see only one reality. You see a soccer ball flying through the air, but maybe in a second universe the ball has dropped already. Or you were looking the other way. Or they don't even play soccer over there.

Sean Carroll, a physicist at the California Institute of Technology and a popular author, accepts the scientific basis for the multi-verse -- even if it cannot be proven.

"Unless you can imagine some super-advanced alien civilization that has figured this out, we aren't affected by the possible existence of other universes," Carroll said. But he does think "someone could devise a machine that lets one universe communicate with another."

It all comes down to how we understand time.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

S&F.

Wow. I always thought this was a definite possability. Just to think there could be millions of duplicates of yourself doing slighty different or massively different things to what you are doing right now! Your just another duplicate!

Insane.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

top topics

join