It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

name ONE thing your other half does that annoys you to no end...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
everyone has to have at least one thing i think...

i am going to merge my two seperate issues into 1 cause it is about the same.

you know what, i changed my mind midway through starthing this...
we can not limit it to one thing...well, i can't.

first, the laundry...
she will ask me to go down to the basement to go get the clothes out of the dryer or to put them in the washer...so lets say this trip down is to switch em from washer to dryer...
i open the washer and it's like 1/3 the way full.
she does this, ALL the time....
when i do a load of clothes, i fill that dude up...granted, i might put to much clothes in and i can acknowledge that but my wife just don't feel that way..
i mean, we do pay the electric and gas to run those appliances. they don't work off the air...

another is the garbage...we have a little door by the kitchen that we keep our cans in....i like having two. don't know what, juse do.
so today i wake up and there is a note saying hon, please take out the garbage....so i look and each bag is like 1/2-1/3 full. does it smell? well, it is not pleasent but it is also behind a door.
she also does this all the time...no matter if it stinks or not......pisses me off cause garbage bags are expensive yo..
when i mess with the garbage i smash that # down and stomp it down...i'm getting my money's worth.

last one for now is all this smelly, scent type crap.
she is forever spraying the febreeze and other kinds of that type of deal. she sprays stuff like that on the couch and bed...
we have those cone kinds, we have the kind you plug in, we have insence, and we have scented oils...
now obviously she don't get down with these all the time but one of those things i just mentioned is always happening...

she always says it smells in the house but she is the only one that seems to be able to smell it.
i don't. my mom don't...

so there are three for me.

your turn.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Leaves a room and doesn't turn the light off... arghhhh...

Does she think I'm made of money, does she want electric bills that are high... what what... what is she thinking...

Or

Drops something and doesn't pick it up, she'll leave it lay there for days... I've actually left a lid to a can of hairspray on the floor for over 2 weeks, just waiting to see who was going to budge first.... I won.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

dude, my wife leaves the lights on too. it really frosts my ass cause as you said, thats cash money going out the door.
that, or she will be in the bathroom and the tv wil be on(understandable cause we have a large tv and she can watch news from where she is in front of the mirror), the living room light will be on, the kitchen light will be on...

all at the same time....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Removed.... I misread the thread title... :bnghd:

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
She loses track of EVERYTHING. Can never find anything. We once looked for her purse, took about 20 minutes. Then when she was ready to leave, about 5 minutes later, SHE COULDN'T FIND HER PURSE!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Whenever we are picking up around the house, my fiance will pick things off the floor with his toes and then lift his foot up and put the item in his hand. I don't know why but it irks me everytime I see him doing it. Especially when he doesn't quite get it the first time and sits there continuing to try and get the object between his toes.

If we are having a conversation and he sees something from the corner of his eye that upsets him. he will stop right in the middle of a sentence or cut me off if I am talking, just so he can complain about it, which leads me to annoyance #3...

Whenever something upsets him, he lingers on way too long about it. Like if the kids are a little mischevious that day, he will go off about it for 20 minutes straught, and then bring it up again on and off for the rest of the day...even if the situation has been resolved and is over and done with.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My SO gets me so up set when he does the laundry. I tell him..Do Not Wash or Dry Cloths. So what does he do? The moment I run to the store or take a nap he's washing clothes. He says he thought he was helping.
Agggg.

He fills the washer with jeans, white shirts, red shirts and anything he picks up first out of the basket. That's not bad enough...he fills the washer all the way to the brim and packs it down.:bash:

Then he puts it in the dryer on the hottest setting and forgets he even did it. So that night or next day when I get ready to do laundry I find this unholy mess of wrinkled cloths that have now turned his underwear and my white shirts pink.

I have to seperate the clothes and start all over. Grrrr. He must have a mental block when it comes to laundry. I keep meaning to get a lock for the laundry door.:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Spends every dime I make.
Complains she doesn't have anything.
Amelda Marcos is envious of her shoe collection.
Leaves every light on. Turns the heat up to 'fires of hell' in the winter, and the air down to 'freeze a penguin' in the summer.
She curses in front of my son........

Hmmmmm......... I guess everything.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Spends every dime I make.
Complains she doesn't have anything.
Amelda Marcos is envious of her shoe collection.
Leaves every light on. Turns the heat up to 'fires of hell' in the winter, and the air down to 'freeze a penguin' in the summer.
She curses in front of my son........

Hmmmmm......... I guess everything.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

OMG... that is such a touchy subject in our house right now...

She has told me a million times, check the pockets before you wash...

so this weekend, I thought I'd be nice and do some laundry, threw in some jeans and didn't check the pockets.

We'll when I was hanging up the 2nd load after the jeans, noticed a spot on one of her blouses... and then on one of my shirts, OH Crap

I left a tube of ChapStick in my pocket... :shk: I found it in the washing machine...

So now I'm in trouble and she's waiting for me to fix my mistake... I have a whole pile of clothes on the floor to re-wash. We read online that Goo-Gone is a good product to remove chapstick stains... we'll see.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
He doesn't stack the dishes in the dishwasher right.
Not plate-cup-plate-cup

The plates go together and the cups go together.
It just makes it easier putting them away.
&
Leaving his whiskers in the bathroom sink!

&
Not putting the toilet seat back down!
&
He eats all the pimentos Out of the Green Olives!

&
He NEVER asks for directions. I'll ask him, don't ya think we should stop at the nearest gas station and get directions? His reply, "I know where it is":bnghd:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well I work from home and so I do lot of the laundry cooking and cleaning
so I can relate to the complaints about laundry and stuff.

I guess for my better half (she really is) she get's so touchy when you try to tell her something that she disagrees with and then when she checks if I was right I know I am really gonna pay at least for a couple of hours

But all in all this is a small price to pay for having such a kind loving caring person in my life, I might also add that we do everything together and I mean everything except work we even play golf together sounds weird to most of my friends but then again She and I don't have the problems between us that many of our married friends do cause they have nothing in common

my 2 cents

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here goes........

1)* Washes the two dog beds and pads with my clothes, thus creating extra work with a lint brush once dried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2)* Fills a sink full of foaming hot water to wash a cup and never washes the dozens of tea spoons lft all over the place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3)* Expects me to clean the bath she has used . Once done she uses car polish to give the enamel a shine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4)* Empties all waste bins in the home and leaves full poly carrier bags knoted for disposal. To idle to take them to the wheelie bin.
5)* Leaves trip hazards *shoes* magazines* washed & dried bedding* etc on the staircase treads.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
He's the nit-picker from hell.

If I've had a hard day at work, I'll come home and expect the words: "What's for supper?" Would it kill him to cook something for the fam, once in a while? (I do the cooking or if I'm too tired will order-out)

Hubby is 'Tarzan'. His favorite clothing is his underwear. I've just about dropped a dead faint when he strolled out in his gotchies a number of times in front of company!

He always has to have the 'last word'. I can't remember when he last used the words: "I'm sorry."

If I cook anything, and he farts around before heading to the table, I always hear the words: "Cold again." then he nukes the crap out of the food.

The list goes on and on.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Oh snap. I feel your pain Boon. At least from a personal perspective on the first 2. Garbage and laundry. As for the scent thing, I'm happy that my lady doesnt go hogwild with that. I'm cool with a seasonal smelling candle but anything past that, unless youre covering my oderiferous emanation from the bathroom, cut that sh out. i dont need it.

Here we go on my personal pet peeve. Its not really something physical, it always happens when we talk about money. So we're getting married next year and everytime we talk about if our parent are going to help us out at all, we run into her moral predicament. She constantly harps on the fact that my dad was more successful than her dad is, and constantly reminds me that not everyone has that kind of money to throw around. I get it. Really I do. I count my blessings to have had such a good upbringing, but that should by no means make me feel guilty. This guy had 3 daughters and doesnt give a sh about any of them. He is selfish and should not have had any kids in my opinion.

So there you have it, my pet peeve is her making me feel guilty for how I was raised. I'm not expecting anything from her dad, but given the fact that he had 4 girls he should at least have the cajones to give us SOMEthing.

Anyone feel me?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
She breaths my air with out my permission.

She tells me my dog is ugly.

She plays junkie music.

She never fails to point it out when I do stupid things.

She takes pictures of me and pins them up on the post office bulletin board.

She has never in her life replaced a top or lid on any container!!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Boy do I feel sorry for you, my better half and I get along so well

We never have situations like this in our happy home.

She is my Angel

I can think of nothing that would warrant a post in this thread

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Boy do I feel sorry for you, my better half and I get along so well

We never have situations like this in our happy home.

She is my Angel

I can think of nothing that would warrant a post in this thread

I dont remember giving you permission to post in this thread!

[edit on 11/26/2007 by IrishLass]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good job with the subject posted Boondock.

I haven't laughed this much at a thread since.............. well EVER!!!

I guess I ran off all my significant others with my idiosyncronies so I can't post info, but I can cheer you guys on!

LOL

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ahh, i have to jump into this thread because i have some problems.

He does not like to eat out- we have to order in (God forbid someone might look at him while he's eating
)

I gave him a choice to chose the beer or me, well, guess what. The beer won out by quite a length!

We sleep in separate bedrooms and are nothing more than room mates.

The End.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join