It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abomination of Desolation: Al-Aqsa Masjid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

your observation of the 'Abomination that makes desolate'
is a very vague term and is intentionally subjective,
therefore leads me to consider that the 'Abomination' is not
a building like the Dome of the Rock nor the nearby Mosque.

we could go even further and guess that the 'desolation'
that will stand on (holy) ground could be a mobile missile battery
as we all know that war is an Abomination
and odinance such as a nuke missile is the quintessential destructive force.

we all have heard that the radicalized/militant Arabs who use Islam as
a cause & reason for their agendas have been known to use a Mosque
as a sanctuary and a weapons cache place..which also fits in with a subjective Abomination of desolation.

Pedophile Priests would also encompass that term 'Abomination which makes desolate'...

there's just too many ways to slice this cake that do not have to be force fitted with a Islamic holy place as the meaning of 'Abomination of desolation'

~~~~~~~

oh, that angel of the pit thatRevelations speaks of, is named Abaddon
(destroyer) or Apollyon, & he releases the swarm of long haired, human faced, lion teethed creatures with scorpion tails...to harm men for 5 months,
Abaddon/Apollyon (Rev 9.11) is not the desolation or destroyer that 'Stands' in the temple wing and brings the 'Abomination which makes desolation' in it's presence

thanks for your time.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Dan 12:11 And from the time the regular sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that desolates set up, a thousand, two hundred and ninety days shall occur.

I thought this was pretty interesting and the way I interpret it, it seems to be talking about the time between the two events, not from then to now. I don't really know anything about biblical history, but I googled the Jewish timelines and found something interesting. The "regular" sacrifice is the key to this I think, and it turns out there was a time when "regular" sacrifices were banned and only the temple priests in Jerusalem were allowed to perform them. That was during the reign of King Josiah and some sources cite it happening in 630 BC.

-630 + 1290 = 660 AD
660 AD is the year the Al Aqsa Mosque was constructed on the Temple Mount.

Dan 12:12 Blessed is he who waits and comes to the thousand, three hundred and thirty five days.
Dan 12:13 But you go on to the end, for you shall rest and stand for your lot at the end of the days.

This passage seems to be referring to a period of time after the abomination that causes desolation. It's not revealing the end date but that those who "wait" until then will "go on to the end".

660 + 1335 = 1995 AD

There are probably hundreds of different ways to interpret it, but I just got a creepy feeling it's referring to being born after 1995. That could mean the end comes before a biblical generation (40 years) or.. before those children (without sin) become adults which would be at 13 according to Jewish tradition.

1995 + 13 = 2008
1995 + 40 = 2035

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

i am no genius but what i think i understand from reading daniel 12:11-12 in relation to other scriptures is this:+1335 days before Messiah returns a terrible tragedgy occures that causes the jews in israel to errect a tent or building and start sacrifices which last for 45 days---which takes you to 1290 days -----when a person claiming to have the power and authority of G-D steps in(the pope does this now in rome) and stops these sacrifices for 30 days------which takes you to 1260 days-----the beginning of a 3 1/2 year tribulation/inquisition(concentration camps and torture and murder and ww3) at the end of which Messiah returns on the day of trumpets in year ?---------i hope for trumpets 2011 but like i said------because i'm tired of this life and would like to have a rest--with daniel and the dead saints-----till Messiah gives us a better body than what we have now---one that doesnt get tired or ever sees death again.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Given that the EU will be a fundamentalist islamic superpower within a generation or so, it would well fill the revived roman empire predicted by revelations.

What the flying beep are you on about?

Current population trends should they consider unabated will make europe and no doubt England majority Muslim nations within the next 50 years or so. I mean no offense to your fine country, it's just a sad truth. It's sad because the cradle of christian civilization is likely to become one of it's chief persecutors as in the days of Rome.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
In the book of Daniel, chapter nine the angel Gabriel appears to Daniel to reveal the events leading up to the first and second comings of the Messiah.

The restoration of Jerusalem to Israel was to be the prophetic event and starting point for two specific countdowns. The first countdown was sixty two periods of seven years after which the messiah would be "cut off". History shows that this occured. After the conclusion of the "Babylonian Captivity" of Israel, it can be seen that roughly 434 years passed before Christ was crucified. First prophecy fulfilled.

The countdown for the second coming also begins with the same prophetic event: the restoration of Jerusalem to Israel. The only other time this event actually occured in history since Gabriel's revelation was during the six day war in 1967 when Israel retook the "old city" including the temple mount from the Palestinians (only to give control of the temple back a few days later).

If we follow the prophecy, then we can conclude that eight periods of seven years can be counted out staring from June 1967. The resulting timeline is a picture of the "last days".

Fortunately Gabriel revealed three specific events that would allow us to identify the "times". These three prophecies describe only one of the seven year periods and up till now has been falsely interpreted as the "tribulation period" or "Daniel's seventieth week". In fact the three prophetic events occured between the years 1993 and 2000. It was a period of peace and prosperity you might remember, not tribulation.

The first prophetic event is described as a seven year treaty between Israel and her enemies. This of course is the Oslow Accords of 1993.

The second prophetic event is the "halting of the daily sacrifice (or daily prayer, as instituted by David in the psalms as the "true" daily sacrifice) in the middle of the treaty" which actually occured on March 13, 1997, three and a half years to the day of the signing of the treaty.

(Add to this fact that Daniel chapter eight describes this same event as "A host of the Heavens was given over [to the powers of the Earth] [in exchange] for the halting of the daily sacrifice". Is it a coincidence that the Phoenix lights event occured on the exact same day?)

The third prophetic event was the so called "Abomination of Desolation" prophecy. This was fulfilled when Ariel Sharon ascended the Temple Mount in 2000. This event was historically significant for many reasons least of which being the sporadic street violence that followed for months afterward and the renewed Palestinian Intifada that began the very moment Sharon set foot on the Temple Mount.

The accurate translation of Daniel 9:27 can be found in the footnotes of the NIV translation which reads: "One who causes desolation will come upon the pinnacle of the abominable temple until the end that is decreed is poured out on the desolated city".

Many have interpreted the three prophecies as occuring during the "Great Tribulation" and the "one who causes desolation" as the antichrist, which would make the "Abomination of Desolation" the last event before the coming of the messiah. But Jesus himself revealed that when we see the
Abomination of Desolation prophecy fulfilled that this would be the sign that the end was swiftly approaching, not already arrived.

One more thing. when you look at the whole timeline of eight periods of seven years stretching out from 1967 to roughly 2024, you can see plainly that the Oslow accords occured in the exact middle of the timeline. From 1967 we count three and a half seven year periods. The Oslow period between 1993 and 2000 count as one seven year period which leaves us with three and a half seven year periods remaining between 2000 and 2024.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

i've read the bible for the most part & the last book seems quite evocative to say the least...certainly controversial as far as interpretations are concerned...didn't christ or one of the apostles or someone in the new testament say something about "when you see the man standing where he ought not"? what about landing on the moon...seems kind of cruel to send that much effort for that while the majority of humankind was suffering so much...that would account for abomination, maybe we scared et from there & if so, this would explain the desolation part...we only NEED to conquer space if we foul things up here at home, or in the event of some anticipated natural calamity...not so? respectfully, mike

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
A good study on this idea can be found here.
answering-islam.org.uk...

Thank you so much for that link, Hon! Runetag and I have discussed the Al Mahdi before and we both think this individual could be the Antichrist. After checking out the site you linked to, I also learned that this figure is supposed to "discover" some copies of the Torah and Christian Bible in an attempt to "prove" our texts were distorted and that the Koran is the only true revelation from God.

That is scary indeed. So many use archaeological finds (like the Dead Sea Scrolls) to verify the fact the Bible has barely changed so I can see how a "find" like this would undo many people's faith.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have long believed this to be correct. The abomination is the Al Aqsa mosque and it causes desolation because it would have to be demolished in order to build a temple there.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hi!

There is an excellent research thread that discusses the correlations between the Mahdi and the antichrist here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whether you agree with the conclusions or not, the authors have done a great job of researching the topic and offering their findings.

Well worth a look.

Eric

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join