It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abomination of Desolation: Al-Aqsa Masjid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The idea is pretty simple; the Al-Aqsa Mosque that sits on a part of the original temple grounds is indeed the Abomination which causes desolation that is spoken of in Revelation. In the book, it says it will be set up over "a wing" of the temple, and while it is there all sacrifices will cease (has there been any real jewish sacrifice ceremonies at the temple? no because the mosque is all that is there!) Other than at the wall maybe?

It says in the book that the Anti Christ will enter into it and declare himself God? Hmm.. is Muhammad the anti christ? If not, it seems quite the coincidence that he claimed to have gone up into heaven from there on a flying horse. That is certainly claiming something .. some sort of divinity. It is not declaring oneself God, but its not literally written that the anti christ will do it that in a clear cut fashion. It can be interpreted in differing ways.

Perhaps the one who will claim to be Mahdi, who will stir the muslim masses under him, will do so from the dome of the rock, al-aqsa mosque. Hmm..

I've got a feeling that Mahdi isn't going to be a nice, peaceful guy. How about you?

[edit on 11/26/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I've got a feeling that Mahdi isn't going to be a nice, peaceful guy. How about you?

Awe, now you're getting somewhere.

Tis a privilege to witness one being guided into all truth.
The way is quite narrow as you will see.

I've tried to ask a few muslims what would they do if they accept a man as "mahdi" and he claims god status? Would that be blasphemy to a muslim? Would that cause an up roar and quite possibly destroy the very foundation of Islam for those who see?

The classic religious response is, "Well he wouldn't do that." Rather than sitting down and reasoning. Maybe some of the ones on ATS will know enough about their own religion to answer the question.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
it is there all sacrifices will cease (has there been any real jewish sacrifice ceremonies at the temple? no because the mosque is all that is there!)

The problem with that is that there have been no sacrifices there since 70AD, after the Romans destroyed the Temple, long before the mosque was set up there. It is my understanding (and this could be very wrong!) that sacrifices will first begin again before the abomination of desolation is erected on the site.

Something to keep in mind, too, is Elijah was taken up to heaven on a cloud, but there were no claims of divinity there, just sanctification. So the big M's claim isn't necessarily one of divinity.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting idea Runetang..it would be interesting to hear Worldwatcher comments on this as author of this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Believe it or not I think I first heard this on Glenn Beck a few weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

First the abomination of desolation is a dual prophecy. It was first fulfilled by antioches epiphanes who declared himself to be god and sacrificed a pig in the jewish temple. The antichrist will declare himself to be god in the jewish temple, not just the temple mount. However I do believe you may have some good insight with regards to the nature of the imam mahdi. Given that the EU will be a fundamentalist islamic superpower within a generation or so, it would well fill the revived roman empire predicted by revelations.

Moreover the prophecies with regards to the imam mahdi eerily mimic the prophecies of the antichrist. I can only assume the devil crafted his muslim religion this way on purpose. A good study on this idea can be found here.
answering-islam.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
well we could ask muslims on ATS, however, there are so few of them.. I don't know if they exist.

I mean, you'd think me of all people would have infuriated them into responding to some of my posts that don't look at Islam in the best light.

Simply put.. muslims dont give a ____ about UFOs!

They seem to care big time when two kids die while trying to evade police on a stolen motorcycle, particularly in France. Have you seen/heard/read the crazyness that is going down over there right now?

[edit on 11/27/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
For the attention to Runetang. Allow me to introduce myself, I am a 21 year old Shi'aa Muslim Male, living in the U.K. and currently studying MEng in Civil Engineering at a top university in the U.K. in that field, and my average so far is a 1st Class Honours. Although the latter information was not neccessary to reveal, however I feel that I should justify to you that I am indeed an educated and open minded person.

I say open minded because at the age of 18 my father told me that I should not follow Islam just because he does. In the Holy Quran God orders us to 'IQR'AA' which translated to 'Read'. In this case the order to 'Read' by god means to educate ones self and to seek the truth. Indeed I started from the basics, questioning the existance of god, once that was delt with I read about the different religions until I arrived back to where I was before, A Shi'ia Muslim. However now i feel like a Shi'ite Muslim.

I will not dwell into this subject for much longer, however I would like to say a couple of things. Firstly all of islams emphasis is on science, and not on assumptions or theories or miracles. For example there is a verse in the Quran which explains the creation of stars and their death, inwhich its detailed descriptions are exactly of that which has been proven by NASA in recent age. Secondly 90% of Muslims in this age are NOT muslims. They say they are but ask anyone of them why are you a muslim? they will struggle to answer. A true muslim knows the answer to that question. Although the answer will be a very long one ofcourse!

It is a huge dissapointment to see the western world create a new type of fear called Islamophobia. Let me make it very clear to you that those 90% of "muslims" arent helping fight this, by their violent protests at the stupidest of causes, their behaviour and immoral beliefs. They are hypocrits, for calling themselves "Muslims" which comes from the word "Musalim" which means a peaceful person, for their actions are totally the opposite peaceful, therefore they have contradicted themselves already!.
Apologies for extending on this matter, but like I mentioned before I wanted to make it clear to you that the true Islam is very rare. Now to talk about Imam Mehdi a.k.a. the awaited saviour. Sadly he has been labelled as the anti-christ. I will try to explain to you Imam Mehdi's role, as you requested this by saying that not many muslims reply to you even though you indicated that you disrespect them, I hope I'm rong because otherwise I would be wasting my time trying to be civilised and respectful to a fellow human being, whom I expect nothing but the same in return. By the way I was on youtube and ended up registering on this website just to answer your post. I would also like to add that I do believe there are Aliens, as mentioned in the Quran, also it would be extremely ignorant of me to assume that we are the only living organisms in the vast universe, not to mention being narrow minded!

Back to the subject of the Imam Mehdi. The Mehdi is not only an embodiment of the Islamic belief but he is also the symbol of an aspiration cherished by mankind irrespective of its divergent religious doctrines. He is also the crystallization of an instructive inspiration through which people, regardless of their religious affiliations, have learnt to await a day when heavenly missio, with all their implications, will achieve their final goal and the tiring march of humanity across history will culminate satisfactorly in peace and tranquillity. This consciousness of the expected future has not been confined to those who believe in the supernatural phenomena but has also been reflected in the ideologies and cults which totally deny the existence of what is imperceptible. For example, dialectical materialism which interprets history on the basis of contradictions believes that a day will come when all contraditions will disappear and complete peace and tranquillity will prevail. Continued...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
...Continued

Thus we find that this consciousness experienced throughout history is one of the widest and the commonest psychological experience of humanity.

The religion, when it endorses this common consciousness and stresses that in the long run this world will be filled with justice and equity after having been filled with injustice and oppression, gives it a factual value and converts it into a definite belief in the future course of humanity. This belief is not merely a source of consolation, but it is also a source of virtue and strength. It is a source of virtue because the belief in the Mehdi means the total eliminiation of injustice and oppression prevailing in the world. It is a source of strength because it provides hope which enables man to resist frustration, howsoever hopeless and dismal the circumstances may be.

Although the concept of the Mehdi is more wide spread than the Muslim community, yet it is detailed features, as determined by Islam, meet more fully all the aspirations attached to it since the dawn of history. They are in greater conformity with the feelings and sentiments of the oppressed and the persecuted of all times. It is Islam which has given a concrete shape to an abstract idea. We believe that it is no longer necessary to look forward to an unknown saviour who may come into the world at a distant future. The saviour is already here, and we simply have to look for the day when the circumstances are ripe for him to appear and begin his great mission. His mission for restoring peace, tranquillity and justice to this world, as well as to eliminate all types of sufferings of human beings.

One of the many indications for appearing of the Mehdi, is when Islam will radically decrease, which is what is happening or should I say nearly has happened. Though the name for the religion exists, as mentioned earlier, the true form of Islam is siezing to exist.
The Mehdi is no longer an idea nor a prophecy. We believe that we do not need to wait for his birth, for he already exists amd we are only waiting for the inauguration of his role. We believe thats he is a specific entity living amongst us, in his real human form and shares our hopes and disappointments and our joys and griefs. He is anxiously awaiting the moment when he will be able to extend his helping hand to everyone whom any wrong has been done and be able to eradicate injustice and opression completely.
Thus we find the concept of the living Mehdi has given a new impetus to the idea of an expected saviour, It has made it a source of effective strength and consolation to every person suffering from deprivation and injustice, a person who rejects all forms of tyranny because he feels that his leader, being a contemporary and living personality and not a future idea, shares his suffereings and feels his misery.

Yet this concept, being beyond the imagination and comprehension of a number of people, has led to them to adopt a negative attitude towards the very idea of the Mehdi. This unfortunately is exactly what has happened to you runtang, you question whether Mehdi will be a peaceful man or not, how can he not be if his whole mission is to restore peace to this war torn world. In the Holy Quran, it says that it is against god's will to kill a "Kafir" if the kafir has not attacked you in means to harm you and kil you. A "Kafir" is a non-believer in god, so if its against god's will to kill a peaceful athiest then how do u expect the Mehdi to kill innocent people let alone believers of god albiet them be from other religions. We also believe that Jesus will follow Mehdi hand-in-hand in order to accomplish his mission. Personally I believe that the Imam Mehdi's appearance is close, and let me tell you another fact that is known, which is that the Mehdi will start by eliminating those who call themselves "Muslims", starting from all the rulers of the Middle eastern countries.I hope this helps, if u have any questions feel free to ask

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Given that the EU will be a fundamentalist islamic superpower within a generation or so, it would well fill the revived roman empire predicted by revelations.

What the flying beep are you on about?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

the abomination that makes desolation----------the greek can also be rendered this way--------when the romans destroyed G-Ds temple in 70ce they were the abomination that makes desolation----------putting together luke 21;20 when you see jerusalem surrounded by armies then recognize that her desolation is near and 2 thess.2;1-4 the man of lawlessness sitting in G-Ds house pretending to have G-Ds authority(same as the pope does now except in rome presently)-----------i would surmise both have to occure simultaniously.the dome of the rock would harldly qualify to be called G-Ds house rather it is allahs house not the True G-D of israel----------i suspect something is going to happen to the dome of the rock which sits on top of king davids/G-Ds altar rock so that a new House of G-D (or even a tent as in the wilderness travels of israel) can be errected before the tribulation begins

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
*UPDATE:*

Hello, all. I've been doing some research on the Abomination of Desolation as first described in the Book of Daniel. It was built between 709-715 AD by Caliph al-Waleed, son of Abdel-Malik, the guy who built the dome of the rock.

It gets better. The Dome of the Rock was built from 688 to 691 AD by this Abdul Malik.

"http://www.sacred-destinations.com"

The sacred rock over which the Dome of the Rock is built was considered holy before the arrival of Islam. Jews believed, and still believe, the rock to be the very place where Abraham prepared to sacrifice Isaac (an event which Muslims place in Mecca). In addition, the Dome of the Rock (or the adjacent Dome of the Chain) is believed by many to stand directly over the site of the Holy of Holies of both Solomon's Temple and Herod's Temple.

The Dome of the Rock was built by the Umayyad caliph Abd al-Malik from 688 to 691 AD. It was not intended to be a mosque, but a shrine for pilgrims. According to tradition, the Dome of the Rock was built to commemorate Muhammad's ascension into heaven after his night journey to Jerusalem (Qur'an 17). But there seems to have been more to it than this, since the Dome of the Ascension was later built nearby.

Now, lets remember these numbers. Lets focus on the Dome of the Rock, purportedly on the Holy of Holies itself. 688 to 691 A.D.

Now lets take a look at the end of Daniel, when he inquires to the Angelic beings speaking to him about the end times and the abomination the time that the end will come. This is what it says:

"Book of Daniel, Chapter 12"

Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I did not understand. And I said, O my lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And He said, Go, Daniel! For the words are closed up and sealed until the end time.
Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified and made white and tested. But the wicked shall do wickedly. And not one of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.
Dan 12:11 And from the time the regular sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that desolates set up, a thousand, two hundred and ninety days shall occur.
Dan 12:12 Blessed is he who waits and comes to the thousand, three hundred and thirty five days.
Dan 12:13 But you go on to the end, for you shall rest and stand for your lot at the end of the days.

Now most people know that "days" in the Bible can often mean "years". Just as an expirement, I added 1,290 and 1,335 to 688, and 691 seperately, which is when the Dome was constructed.

1,290 + 688 = 1978

1,335 + 688 = 2023 (add up to 3 years for the construction to complete, but subtract up to 4 years also for the error in our current calender as to the true date of Jesus death which was a few years before 1 A.D.)

This fits the current time line and movement of Middle East relations and world events so closely that it startles me. What if 2022-2026 is the coming of Messiah? Why hasn't anyone else added these numbers to come to this result? Certainly I couldn't be the.. first.. to think of this idea and research it. Because I can definitely see World War III and War between Israel and all of the Middle East by then, and I can see the Jews seizing the temple mount and destroying the Dome of the Rock as well, to build the third temple, as it is on the Holy of Holies, so they say or think.

Does anyone else find the result of this math to be extremely strange?

[edit on 12/1/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

2022/2026 we have to wait till Messiah returns?i really hope you are wrong-------reason being i'm 61 and am tired--------wouldn't mind dying a quick death now---------the thought of having to wait till i'm 79 to see Messiah arrive is too much for whats left of me---------i really hope to see Him in 2011 on the day of trumpets in the end of that year------the day of atonement the 10th day later starts the biblical year 2008 which is the catholics 2012.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
in both Mathew & Mark, there is reference to the 'abomination of desolation' spoken of in Daniel.

both these verses tell of the 'abomination of desolation' Standing
....in the holy place.....or standing where it not ought to be....

in my minds eye, i picture this as associated with a Person that is standing
or having a physical presence in a sanctuary/sanctified place

as opposed to 'standing' = as meaning a building being erected on a site.

the context of the message is that the anti-christ person will be blaspheme' the holy spirit & declaring himself god, in a temple, which
interpets the meaning of 'abomination of desolation' as being centered
and a result & creation of the future anti-christ person, during a spur-of-the-moment act of total hubris towards the inhabitants and elders/Rabbi/Sanhedrin of today's Israel (which should be called=>Judeah)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I understand your reasoning St Udio, but the reason I interpret it as something and not someone standing is because the words never specifically depict a man as the abomination that desolates. All throughout, it is always referred to strictly as "the abomination that desolates", where as symbolism and different interpretations of the texts are rife and abundant throughout, this one thing they always call the exact same thing. Never do they give the SLIGHTEST detail..

Is there anything else which they do this with that is supposed to be future, unfilled prophecy? In other matters of prophecy regarding people, such as the king of the north and south written earlier in the Book of Daniel, its always eluded to that they are referring to a person or figure. Then, the common symbolism of multitudes of people is usually "waters". But I find the elusive depiction of this abomination most strange. Could it be .. because .. there was no word for it, because Islam had yet to come?

not to take it in another direction, but if one was focusing on Revelation, there is also a telling prophecy about a "False Prophet" and a "Messenger from the Bottomless Pit" who may or may not be the same person commanding followers to "kill the unbelievers". This is also eerily similar to Radical Islam.

[edit on 12/1/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
1978 = year the Camp David accords were signed between Israel and Egypt, after a decade of conflict between Israel and neighbouring Arab Islamic countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'll admit this is all I have on 1978, but I think 2022 is more significant of course. But im sure I am wrong, for it even says in the Bible that no man knows the day and time..

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

2022/2026 we have to wait till Messiah returns?i really hope you are wrong-------reason being i'm 61 and am tired--------wouldn't mind dying a quick death now---------the thought of having to wait till i'm 79 to see Messiah arrive is too much for whats left of me---------i really hope to see Him in 2011 on the day of trumpets in the end of that year------the day of atonement the 10th day later starts the biblical year 2008 which is the catholics 2012.

Trust me: he ISN'T coming
Never did - never will. It's all pure fantasy! How long before people get it into their thick skulls that this is all pure BS?

All respected historians agree that 90% of the New Testament is pure fiction...period. Sorry folks - but them's the facts....

Sheesh!!

J.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

YAWN....more religious BS. Please....get these people out of here - they are ruining our beloved forum!

J.

Yawn, another 1 sentence reply. This troll should get a litle U2U about 1 liners, I know I have been told not to do 1 liner replies. At least I'm talking about something, you're just hating on stuff and people you dont even know, because some priest may have handled you wrongly as a child. -> I'm just joking .. on you and the Priests :-P

I'll try to be nice to a rude individual, this shows the patience and the virtue of the word (which you obviously dont have), because don't think I dont feel strongly about your statements and find them disrespectful as all, because I do. But I can refrain, can you?

Jimbo .. id like you to look into the top left corner of this webpage. do you see where the forum says, "conspiracies in religion" ? That means this forum is about religious conspiracy. if you dislike monotheists and people of the book, its up to you to ignore this forum.

You simply can't complain about "religious BS" being in the "religious BS" forum. But I, I can complain about YOU being here, because you dont want to be here, and probably didnt even understand how silly you made yourself look by saying religious topics are bad for the religious forum? Get real dude.

If your interest is UFOs, check out and post in the UFO forum, or maybe the New World Order forum .. im sure you believe in allot of that retarded stuff, just my opinion. But you wont see me in those forums dissing topic that are spot on when it comes to which forum to which it belongs. I've wasted enough typing on this reply.

I love you Jimbo.

But it is hard work not persecuting and hating those which hate me. or hurting those which hurt me, because of who I am. The whole 'turn the cheek' is not easy, but after you do it, you feel like a better man. I could become a cynical science-hating, UFO culture hating, NWO culture hating, Illuminati culture hating SOB .. but I keep inflammatory comments to myself unless I have been attacked pretty good.

My words for you are to live and let live, and to find your peace, Jimbo.

And even though you dont like me because I am Christian, God still loves you even though you aren't one.

[edit on 12/2/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

hooray for intolerance and referring to the holy site of an equally violent and despicable religion an abomination...

as if the temple that represents a jealous genocidal misogynist would be any less of one...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join