It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concrete Canvas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is pretty cool - a concrete shelter that can be air dropped / transported in a small van or truck becomes a useful sized interconnected shelter (just add water and wait 24 hrs!)

link with vid

I could see these things being ideal for field hospitals for refugee camps - they sort of camps that grow on an ad-hoc basis over years.

I hummed and hared bout which board to put this in - plopped for this one

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Now that is cool! What a great idea. Any idea what these things cost?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The two guys that invented this shelter are geniuses in my book!

They appeared on the entrepreneur show 'Dragon's Den' a few seasons ago and didn't get the funding/terms they were after...bloody shame cos it's just sheer ingenuity...in a bag!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Any idea what these things cost?

From just looking at that site they are in the pre production line phase - so it would prob be cheaper in a year or two, but in the FAQ's they say they will provide quotes for the concrete cloth material on it's own or the complete kit.

Whoever has the patents non this thing is gonna make a very honest fortune - might be one to watch the share price if they float.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can see the survival potential of this!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Very interesting, they are based in London so shipping prices would be astronomical. Great idea in many respects. Would they be cheaper and safer then say a underground getta-a-way then say chopped up buses.

Well if they bring this thing to the U.S. I would buy one or 2 or 3. cool find I'll keep on eye on these.

top topics

join