It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think if you're going to live/work in a country where you probably know people will take offense to such a thing, you don't do it or at least discourage it.

It's a foreigner's obligation, IMO, to conform to his or her temporary/adoptive country's ways, not the other way around. If you can't do that, then get the hell out.

Would you rather get lashed or tasered?

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Shall we do a body count of ALL Muslims who died today in Middle East?

While we do that, some more shall die in the meantime.

Yet a single British teacher is more important then all those deaths?

Why is that?

And let us not forget, that she is still alive.

No this is not a derailment - it is just a wake up call.

I guess that despair, destruction and death, which people of Middle East have to face each and every day is nothing compared to a single British teacher being punished. I am not saying that is right, that this teacher has to face 40 lashes - and YES I agree it is barbaric - but on the other hand, she is still alive. I do not think she would survive in Saudi Arabia. Remember them?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Well yet another example of how Islam is a religion of love and peace.

How about this is another example of how ignorance blames Islam, and uses to old "This is another example of how Islam is a religion of love and peace."

If you want to say this is due to Islam, then show us where it says this is a punishment in Islam. Show us what Islam has to do with this, and then you can use your old tired line of how "this is another example of how Islam is a religion of love and peace."

link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Exactly, Some people here are oblivious to the fact that their own police force are tazering people for equally minor offenses!!!!

Hypocrisy?

Yes

link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Where does it say she didnt conform to their ways? How on earth was she to know that allowing children to name a teddy bear "mohammed" was going to be breaking laws?

When you visit other countries....do you know every single law or religous offense that is there? I highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What? You don't like the direction it's going towards uncovering the underlying reasons why these particular Muslims are the way they are?

Still relevant to the topic, and a hell lot more productive than broad-brushed bashing.

link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken

So, using your logic, we may condemn Christianity because governments in the past claimed to acting in its name?

In the past, in the past, in the past.
(failed attempt at thread deflection)

We're talking about what the muslims (in question) are doing now.

Bravo for clearing that up. Everytime Muslim extremism is named for what it is someone has to bring up the past. Well that was the past, welcome to the modern age people.

Countries are not banding together on a Crusades to rid the world of non-Christians in the name of Christ but there are many out there that will cut your head off in the name of Mohammad.

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Exactly, Some people here are oblivious to the fact that their own police force are tazering people for equally minor offenses!!!!

Your kidding me right? Equal offenses. LMAO

[edit on 26-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Your kidding me right? Equal offenses. LMAO

Yeah sorry, you're absolutely right....

I suppose in the 'land of the free' it's only right for people to be tazered for not producing ID/ being in a wheelchair/ asking why they have been pulled up/ speaking out against something or someone you disagree with...

Almsot every day on ATS I read about 'cop tazers man for this, cop tazers woman for this, cop kills man for that'

Yeah you're right greeneyedleo, you're absolutely right.... America is getting worse than the third world, welcome to the age of fascism.

Thankyou for clearing that up.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Where does it say she didnt conform to their ways? How on earth was she to know that allowing children to name a teddy bear "mohammed" was going to be breaking laws?

When you visit other countries....do you know every single law or religous offense that is there? I highly doubt it.

Good point. Like I said, it looks like this teacher really tried to conform to their ways, and she is punished for it. She really tried, and deserves at least some mercy for it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

If you want to say this is due to Islam, then show us where it says this is a punishment in Islam. Show us what Islam has to do with this, and then you can use your old tired line of how "this is another example of how Islam is a religion of love and peace."

Well, here is one example of whipping (lashes) commanded by Allah in Islam:

66.218.69.11.../quran/sura6.htm&w=does+qura n+say+says+whip+whipping+punishment&d=DukHFfL9PqW7&icp=1&.intl=us

God's law institutes whipping, not execution, as a punishment for adultery (24:1-2)]/b]

Further text:

www.islamawakened.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Never known any Christian fundamentalists blowing up innocent woman and children in the name of Jesus Christ for quite awhile now.

No, you're absolutely right, the US bombers who drop bombs on hospitals aren't even fundamentalists...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
Like I said, it looks like this teacher really tried to conform to their ways, and she is punished for it. She really tried, and deserves at least some mercy for it.

She hasn't been punished. At least not yet. She's only been charged so far, and the charge could lead to 40 lashes. It even says so in the thread title.

And no, I'm not condoning it before some of you haters start putting words in my mouth.

Let's hope she does get some mercy, slapped with a fine at the worse.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Oh Lord

First off, you have NO idea what religion anyone is who serves in the military. There are athiests, Muslims, Christians, etc etc.

Nice try though.

Second, can you please link me to where our US military purposely dropped a bomb on a hospital? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh Lord

First off, you have NO idea what religion anyone is who serves in the military. There are athiests, Muslims, Christians, etc etc.

Nice try though.

Second, can you please link me to where our US military purposely dropped a bomb on a hospital? Thanks.

Firstly you have NO idea what religion anyone who lives in Sudan is. There are atheists, muslims, Christians, etc etc

Nice try though.

Secondly, I cannot find any links whereby the US military has 'purposely' dropped a bomb on a hospital, but there are many instances where your supposedly advanced technology has failed and killed thousands of innocents. So are you basing your value of innocent life on whether the act was deliberate or not..? Cos an accident is just as bad.

Our army has a saying about your army, 'all the gear, no idea'....

It's so true.

besides you haven't replied to my arguement of your cops tazering women in wheelchairs to death.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This whole affair makes me wonder why anyone would volunteer to go to these countries and try to help them at all

Another point, why is it that any criticism of Muslim extremism is met with derision and indignation.

There is always some excuse given as to why it isn't the Muslims fault and that it all stems from Western colonialism or The Crusades etc, etc.

Absolute Bollocks! Accept responsibility and then at least we maybe able to move forward and work towards peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I suppose in the 'land of the free' it's only right for people to be tazered for not producing ID/ being in a wheelchair/ asking why they have been pulled up/ speaking out against something or someone you disagree with...

I could see the comparison if the cops in Sudan lashed her. She was sentenced to lashings. Or could be. No one has been sentenced to tasering in the US.

[edit on 11/26/2007 by Griff]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

On that one we must give a good long and hard look at the casualties in Iraq and the complains of targeting civilian in an effort to kill terrorist.

But when is to target terrorist, civilians are just a collateral unavoidable damage even if the US military knows that their bombs are killing indiscriminately.

This is a everyday way of life in Iraq now.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yes, because naming a teddy bear "Muhammad" counts as adultry in Islam.

Now show us where it says this was a punishment for naming this teddy bear Muhammad.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It didn't say it anywhere, I said it. It's a simple process of deduction, especially when Mohammed is involved. I don't believe for a minute she was that clueless.

Peace

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join