It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Scroll further down the Wiki page towards the history section... you'll see it was created 100+ years after the Prophet, during the Abbasid Caliphate. Not during the ar-Rashidun Caliphate, nor the Umayyad Caliphate after that.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
All I can say is, if you are American, when you are in foreign country do not think that you can pull the I am an America citizen card to get away with things.

But, yet, they expect it the other way around.

Arab princesses kicked off British Airways plane to jeers and whistles after refusing to sit next to male strangers

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Let's be truthful and see the hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by intrepid

Well the problem is that Religion is not the topic when the fundamentalist extremist in this nation commits crime. We call it hate crimes

Good point.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
reply to post by Souljah

Sorry Souljah, but I have to disagree.

It is not law to molest children.

As in it is not a catholic law and no one teaches a catholic to molest a child or commit any other barbaric acts. There are no current state or religious sponsored catholic textbooks promoting and provoking pepole to violence against others.

Someone mentioned northern ireland as an example of "catholic violence". I think anyone looking under the covers there would understand that conflict is really about some irish not wanting a british presence on the north end of their island. Sadly, the media somehow turned that into some kind of religious conflict.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My point is, that one can EASILY points out an incident or a series of events, which can smear an entire religion. This few theocratic Muslims from Sudan DO NOT speak for 1+ billion Muslims on this world - and when reading certain posts here, one can easily understand, that the Religion of Peace does preach lashing certain teachers, who go beyond an invisible line. The same goes for Catholic priests and those few that give a bad name to all of them. Sudan is similar to Saudi Arabia - yet nobody bothers with Saudi Arabia. Why? Simply because King of Saudi Arabia is a business partner with the most powerful men in United States and the entire world. So nobody points the finger. On the other hand, you have the war torn Sudan, for whom nobody seems to care and nobody seems to raise a hand and point out how many children died today there. But when somebody tries to harm a British teacher, everybody jumps up and yells "That's the Religion of Peace for You!".

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
See the difference?

Yes I do. But even just one country is enough IMO. BTW, I am NOT bashing Islam per say. Not anymore than I would bash Christianity, Hinduism, Judahism, Paganism for the same.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
On the other hand, you have the war torn Sudan, for whom nobody seems to care and nobody seems to raise a hand and point out how many children died today there.

Thank you for bringing this up. Since nobody cares to comment on the post I linked to on page 1, I'll repost the list from that thread here:

Wikipedia

• Afghanistan
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bahrain
  • Bangladesh
  • Burkina Faso
  • Brunei
  • Chad
  • Comoros
  • Côte d'Ivoire
  • Djibouti
  • Ethiopia (arguable, as it's 50% muslim)
  • Eritrea
  • Egypt
  • Gambia
  • Guinea
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Maldives
  • Malaysia
  • Mali
  • Mauritania
  • Morocco
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Palestine
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Senegal
  • Sierra Leone
  • Somalia
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Tajikistan
  • Turkey
  • Tunisia
  • Turkmenistan
  • Uzbekistan
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Yemen

• The above is a list of Muslim majority countries. Notice anything special about the countries highlighted?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:00 PM
    link   
    reply to post by centurion1211

And yet Catholic Church has NO LAW written, which would protect 50 million children in its worldwide congregation if (or when) they get molested. Instead there is a WRITTEN secret document by the Vatican, which PROTECTS those priests who abuse children.

Right or Wrong?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:02 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Griff

You will expect a princess to be able to have her own personal air plane she most have been on the poorest site of the family.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:02 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
    The above is a list of Muslim majority countries. Notice anything special about the countries highlighted?

Sharia law? If so I stand corrected, 12 not 6. That being said you still don't here of these things coming out of all of those nations either.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Souljah

I had the mis-fortune to be raised a Catholic and for all it's faults it has never preached that it is ok to molest children. Nor to my knowledge has it ever been alleged that any interpretation of the the Catholic creed justifies peodophilia, unlike some interpretations of other religious beliefs.

Peodophiles of any race or creed are the absolute scum of the earth.
    That The Vatican has tried to cover up peodophila is undefensible but is not the topic.

Again, another attempt to derail the thread

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:11 PM
    link   
    reply to post by intrepid

Actually other countries in that list not highlighted practise sharia. But the ones listed also have less than democratic leaderships, lower educational standards and a generally oppressed population. Less freedoms, if you will.

Edit to add: the rich-poor divide is also quite apparent. You can check them individually in the CIA Factbook. Basically the population is an angry one. No surprise that they're more prone to violence.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:12 PM
    link   
    The black cloud of islam

Well, I'm not remotely suprised!
    What this lady should have done was to show the class a cuddly pig and then asked the kids to give him/her a name.
    If the kids suggested the name of piggy to be named MuhamMAD then that would have likely sparked a holy war.
    These zealots need to get a grip on reality.Let's get real. These loons loathe the western world and our culture.
    I have worked alongside a few British muslims and they are gentlemen.
    Sadly not all of them are tolerant of our ways but when in Rome........!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:13 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Beachcoma

And almost all of them are located very nearly the largest oil reserves in the world...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:19 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Souljah

Oh, wow, you're right! I didn't notice that. I smell a conspiracy!

But seriously, if there is a conspiracy here -- who'd benefit from an unstable population in those regions?

Or is it more straight-forward, as in the oil wealth did not trickle-down nicely to the rest of the population?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:20 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Souljah
    reply to post by centurion1211

And yet Catholic Church has NO LAW written, which would protect 50 million children in its worldwide congregation if (or when) they get molested. Instead there is a WRITTEN secret document by the Vatican, which PROTECTS those priests who abuse children.

Right or Wrong?

Wrong (of course).

There is no catholic law needed as in the secular governed countries of the West, there are already laws to protect children from molestors - religious or otherwise. Just as there is no catholic law needed to protect a woman that has been raped from being whipped and imprisoned for it. The state's laws protect against such barbarism, they don't condone it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:25 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Beachcoma

Actually it is very simple:

These Muslim countries have a lot of oil.

If they stay angry and hungry they can not stand up.

Then they shall most likely fight each other.

And in the meantime the oil keeps flowing to the west.

Divide and Rule?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:29 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Souljah

Guess you don't like the direction this thread about the barbaric treatment of a British school teacher by certain muslims was going. Yes, their actions are ultimately indefensible. So, now you've attempted to deflect the thread into a discussion about an oil conspiracy.

Yo! Am I the only that sees what souljah is again attempting to do here as he has done on so many other threads before? It only works if you let him.

Where is a mod or super-mod admonishing us to stay on topic when you really need one?

[edit on 11/26/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:30 PM
    link   
    This teacher was trying her darndest to fit in with local custom, and had the kids name the teddy bear Mohammed, which obviously was a popular male name in these regions. If the bear was named Abdullah instead someone would find something else about her to complain about.

Suppose that this teacher autocratically said, "This teddy bear is called Bob and I said so, and that is that!" Then someone would accuse her of being a Western imperialist instead of being blasphemous to Islam.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:32 PM
    link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
    reply to post by Niall197

Uh, maybe mr lizard is not sympathetic to his fellow Brits because he might be one of the "more recent arrivals" over there. There, was that PC enough for the lot of you?

No, Mr Lizard is as British as fish and chips, earl grey and grey, unforgiving cold rain...

But, unlike you i don't go jumping onto any media bandwagon that just happens to roll past shouting 'persecute! Persecute!'.... I'm not defending the actions of thos idiots might give her lashings or whatever, but don't forgot with any media you are not getting the full truth.

As far as we know, she's in good health, the issue is being debated, officials have visited her and even go far to say she is being treated well....

For god's sake, don't ever accuse me of not standing up for my fellow brit, after all that woman lives about 14 miles away from me, but Liverpool folk are tough and proud people and I'm sure with a little diplomacy, things will probably be sorted out.

Let's not forget, poor Ken Bigley, the man who was kidnapped and beheaded in Iraq, the guy who begged Tony Blair for help, but was refused... did you see the Liverpudlians go mental and start blowing mosque's up or battering muslims? Did you hell! and why? Because despite bad press Liverpool gets, it is in actual fact a very old city, with a lot of culture and understanding, it is the European capital of culture in 2008 and in that sense alone says that we are brave, mature people who don't go around targeting the masses as a result of the actions of a few.

Don't ever accuse me of being unpatriotic, if patriosm means the concern of a fellow human (never mind a Brit), then I'll stand by til the very end.

Of course I'm concerned, but I'm not a fool, we are not getting the truth, so why should I react, when I (like everyone else here) doesn't understand exactly what is going on and we've only got Fox (biased) news to work on...

unlike you I do not swallow the media ejaculate that is forced down my throat.

Peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join