It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
The reality is I am in UK to get educated and soon as I get my degree I will be out to Muslim country to get Islamic knowledge and live there.

What's wrong with the education that a Muslim country with Islamic knowledge has to offer? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Because he cant get legless on booze, wear jeans and chat up the girls in any Muslim school outside of the UK

[edit on 3-12-2007 by The Todal]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
If Allah judges the goodness of a man based on how much praise he gives to Allah, and not on a man's character, then I don't want to be in heaven with Allah anyway.

Nice.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Reply to 27jd

Well, if I died and found that out, Allah, if it was truly a fair god would let me into heaven because I live a life where I do my best to be cool to everybody, and would never do harm to anybody or anything in cold blood. If Allah judges the goodness of a man based on how much praise he gives to Allah, and not on a man's character, then I don't want to be in heaven with Allah anyway.

You know what, once I asked an Islamic scholar if nice people like Diana or mother teresa would go to heaven even if they didn’t accept Islam? I told him that they should go to heaven because they did nice things in their life and helped innocent people!

You know what, once I asked an Islamic scholar if nice people like Diana or mother teresa would go to heaven even if they didn’t accept Islam? I told him that they should go to heaven because they did nice things in their life and helped innocent people!

But he replied and said no they won’t go to heaven because they didn’t accept Allah and his messenger Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and didn’t accept Islam.
He said the core belief and faith in Allah has to be there for someone to gain Allah’s mercy.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Reply to Griff

What's wrong with the education that a Muslim country with Islamic knowledge has to offer?

Nothing wrong,i just said after I finish my education form here, than I will go to Muslim country like Egypt or Syria to Islamic institutes to gain knowledge about Islam!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That hate and your arrogance and your ego won’t let you accept our way of life and Islam doesn’t let me accept your way of life.

Do you even see what you write?

Hate, arrogance, and ego won't let him accept your way of life.

ISLAM won't let you accept his way of life.

You don't see a difference?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But he replied and said no they won’t go to heaven because they didn’t accept Allah and his messenger Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and didn’t accept Islam.
He said the core belief and faith in Allah has to be there for someone to gain Allah’s mercy.

So, the majority of the world is going to hell? OK.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

If Allah judges the goodness of a man based on how much praise he gives to Allah, and not on a man's character, then I don't want to be in heaven with Allah anyway.

Nice.

I'll agreee with that also mate!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

How about I start telling you more about what Muhammad (peace be upon him) did in his lifetime? Maybe you will start to understand Islam more and eventually accept it matey?

Can you do it without threatening to cut my head off if I don't believe you
or accept that Muhammad is a prophet?
If I do not accept Islam because of the horrible violence committed in the name of Allah am I worthy of death?
If I do not accept Islam because of the disgusting things history has recorded about Muhammad (having sex with a nine year old child for instance) should I be killed?
If after learning about him and Islam, I reach the conclusion that it is based on lies. Should I be killed?
I am going to guess that the answer will depend on if this hypothetical discussion takes place in a Western nation or a Muslim nation where Sharia law is enforced.

I regularly convers with Muslims about their religion and feel safe doing so in the US. But I would not feel safe doing so in Sudan, Iran, Iraq,...or any other nation where Sharia law is enforced.

You see, in a nation under Sharia law, if one reaches the decision that Muhammad is a false prophet, or if one after studying the matter, comes to the conclusion that Allah is not God, what is the result?
Under Sharia law, what is the punishment for publicly denying that Allah is God?

You see, if the threat of beheading or beating, or amputtion is the consequence for rejecting a belief in Islam what free choice do people in these Muslim nations really have?

I know a lot about Islam, enough to have reached the conclusion that it is not the true religion. But I still welcome your comments. Please continue to post your views on this matter. I find them interesting and mentally stimulating.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Sparky63]

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I told him that they should go to heaven because they did nice things in their life and helped innocent people!

Right. That strange emotion you felt was human compassion, mixed with logic. THAT'S the truth you should live your life by, THAT feeling is Allah himself trying to tell you to believe your heart, not the word of somebody trying to manipulate you into doing THEIR will in his name.

Of course he did.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
She broke the law.

Just because you dislike the law, doesn't mean that you can wave your hands and it's wrong. Take legislation placed in the United Kingdom to stop people spreading Militant Islam. Would you say it's fine for someone who supports this idea to come over and say: "All Jews should be killed?" just because they don't realise it's illegal?

Ignorance of the law, doesn't put you above it.

She broke the law and it is her own fault for not checking the legislation of the country.

I find no offence in what anyone can say, it really doesn't bother me. But the fact is, that is their Nation and it isn't yours. You don't decide what laws they have and if you dislike those laws, say so but in reality doesn't change what she did.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Reply to grenade
‘Im normally a peaceful person but Islam sickens me to the core. These people are living in lala land.’

1.2Bil Muslims don’t live in lala land. What you need to do is learn more positive things about Islam than just making assumptions to what you hear on media.Theres a reason why Islam is the fastest growing religion and Women are converting more to Islam.

Assumptions? Well i have asked several times for someone to name one positive effect Islam has on society. I want to learn positive things about Islam, unfortunately im unable to find any. And yes i truly believe 1.2 billion people have invested their belief in an idiotic, barbaric religion. I tell you what the world would be like if everyone converted to Islam, a waste of a planet.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grenade
Assumptions? Well i have asked several times for someone to name one positive effect Islam has on society. I want to learn positive things about Islam, unfortunately im unable to find any. And yes i truly believe 1.2 billion people have invested their belief in an idiotic, barbaric religion. I tell you what the world would be like if everyone converted to Islam, a waste of a planet.

Enough on the site, I've even posted article after article.

You sure it isn't you who doesn't desire to find them?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
She broke the law and it is her own fault for not checking the legislation of the country.

I'm curious if there is written legislation against the "crime" in the Sudan...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Does it need to be written?

Define hate crime in the United Kingdom. Some laws are subjective, some laws are objective. If there's a law against "insulting Islam" and it's against their version of Islam to use the Prophet's name. Then it can be against the law.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grenade

Enough on the site, I've even posted article after article.

You sure it isn't you who doesn't desire to find them?

Ive asked you to name what you would call a positive effect, not provide me with a biased article. Do you have opinions of your own or just use google to answer all questions? I have asked several times in this thread, please point me toward your "several" responses.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Define hate crime in the United Kingdom. Some laws are subjective, some laws are objective. If there's a law against "insulting Islam" and it's against their version of Islam to use the Prophet's name. Then it can be against the law.

I would also like to ask, do you think that it is appropriate to punish someone for naming a teddy Muhammad? Do you think violence in the name of religion has a place in this world?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Um, yes. If somebody is going to effectively "check the legislation" of a country like you stated, it does. Otherwise, she would not need to check the legislation, but instead study the religion. Should it be mandated that everybody extensively study whatever religion dominates a country before visiting?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I think in his twisted world that everyone should be converted to Islam and should be familiar with its extensive set of laws / regulations. Allah forbid someone should even think about living without converting to Islam. 2500 years and god hasnt spoken with anyone since. Im of the opinion that unless God himself speaks to me then its just man / Muhammad trying to control the masses.

Rather than spread peace and love to all we are to believe that God in his almighty wisdom would punish his children by death for using a mans name in vain, Muhammad was a man yes? He died like every other man, he performed no miracle, he provided no proof? Give me a break!

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Grenade]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Aisha was six or seven years old when betrothed to Muhammad. She stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, when the marriage was consummated."

So once again, it is a Sin to call a teddy bear Muhammad yet it is perfectly acceptable to marry and have sexual relations with a 9 year old girl. Im sorry i would rather spend the rest of eternity in hell than follow this relic of the ancient world. I realise it may have been custom to marry girls of this age at the time. However, in his infinate wisdom and discussions with God maybe he should have realised and stated in the Qur'an that marriage to pre-pubescent girls isnt the will of God.

Without trying to premote hate or offend anyone. In my opinion Islam is a joke and its followers show a level of ignorance i never thought possible. Sure it had its uses in the past to unite and control however, the modern world does not need and will not progress if this plague of the mind is allowed to persist. Thanks for the discussion all but i find this thread sickening now.

Peace to all, im sorry for any offence caused.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Grenade]

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join