It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply 27jd
Mate the best example of Muslims being victorious is when they absolutely destroyed the soviets. They were well armed with uniform weren’t they?. How did they loose?Ohh I remember they lost because Americans gave a few Aks and stingers to the mujahideen.So what happened to the Soviets the super power? Mate they came to a stage where their soldiers shot themselves in their mouth while they were sent to Afghanistan to fight the mujahideens,and that’s because they rather kill themselves than face mujahideens with RPGs on horses and camels.

Like I said mate we just need better weapons. And when it comes to Israel wiping the ME.Haha mate you make me laugh, Hezbollah totally destroyed them. Israel couldn’t even get rid of a little insurgent group or even stop hamas forming their own government in their backyard. You think they gona wipe out ME?

You always say you gona use nukes?Well guess what if you use it on ME than your risking your best friend Israel goodbye aswel unless you reshift them back in Germany. But I forgot Israel controls you guys so that idea will never come into action.

You say we get brainwashed?No we don’t get brainwashed when it comes to defend our lands we will go to any extent to stop the invading yahudi/nasara forces.Every Muslim is an extremist in that way mate. To defend our land is called Jihad. To die for Allah protecting his people is called Shaheed And to die as a Shaheed is a great honour for a muslim and guaranteed paradise.Every muslim agrees to that mate.So we over a billion muslims are brainwashed?No its called love for our religion and our people mate.

After this you will say OMG OMG muslims are extremist Britain should watch out.Watch out for what mate?Will the British change our religious ideas?NO.Will the British change our religion?NO.Will the British kick us out?NO.Than what will the British do?Nothing matey.You saying Britain should watch out wont make a difference.You wana know why?Because there too many of us matey.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

A simple question, do you advocate the punishment of this woman with a custodial sentence or more as is being suggested by protesting mobs? If so, please in a rational manner, explain why?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Gordon Brown (so called Prime Minister), has still done nothing.

Wanna borrow Bush and Cheney for a couple days? As much as they suck, if this were an American, not sure this would have happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by mj 09
When is the last time Christians killed 3000 people in one day? Christianity has a dark past, but it IS the past. Let's focus on the problem we have now, until the Muslim Martin Luther comes foward.

Christendom cannot claim the high road.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Sparky63]

Ahhh But did they do it in the name of Christ or for religion, or were they genocidal and just happened to be Christian. Big Difference.

Genocide is Africa is like Tea to the brits (didn't mean to stereo type all brits as tea drinkers lol)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply grenade
I dont think that its her fault in her place because she probably didnt do it intentionally as i said before.But when it comes to yobs,they probably think that she teaching thier kids to name teddies as muhammad and these things are viewed very wrong in our muslim countries.And they dont have alot media in those countries so they dont know the real truth.

But i guess 15 days in jail aint that bad and plus i am sure they will treat her in a descent manner because shes a british citizen.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
They are now CALLING FOR THIS WOMAN'S DEATH!!!!!!! I hope it doesn't come to them killing her. Simple solution - Joint force SAS and Army Delta. Drop them in Via Choppers a few Apaches for support (kill us some radical Muslims) and get her out. A machete is no match for an M4.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I thank you for the requested rational response. I am also aware that it is a lack of information and education which brings these people to the streets. I however simply do not understand Islamic thinking. Everything seems to be perceived as a threat and, in other circumstances where these rioting mobs are more well informed, the result is the same.

I am also of the belief that our Western governments do not help the situation by our aggressive stance toward Islamic countries. You state a lack of information on the real "truth" causes this type of protest, i simply put it down to the belief in religion, throughout the ages all it has done is lead to war, atrocities and isolation. I ask you to weigh up the pros and cons of religion and then tell me the belief in Islam is a good and just cause?

If this world is to survive the people must unite behind a common goal, with religion this will never happen. It seems a book many centuries old has more influence over people in Islamic countries than all of our scientific and technological advancments. Seems totally backward to me however each to their own.

MYTH AND LEGEND OVER SCIENCE AND ADVANCEMENT? Madness!

Edit for spelling

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Grenade]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
reply 27jd
Mate the best example of Muslims being victorious is when they absolutely destroyed the soviets. They were well armed with uniform weren’t they?. How did they loose?Ohh I remember they lost because Americans gave a few Aks and stingers to the mujahideen.So what happened to the Soviets the super power? Mate they came to a stage where their soldiers shot themselves in their mouth while they were sent to Afghanistan to fight the mujahideens,and that’s because they rather kill themselves than face mujahideens with RPGs on horses and camels.

What a bunch of nonsense, lol. It was the same situation, there was no uniformed Afghan army against the Soviets, they hid, struck, and fled. And America provided "a few Aks and stingers"?

For Washington, which funneled more than $2 billion in military aid to the Afghan rebels over the years, the pullout is a vindication of the Reagan Doctrine and United States support for anti-Communist ''freedom fighters,'' as President Reagan liked to call them. ''From the overall strategic point of view, driving the Soviets out is a tremendous success, and we deserve a lot of credit for the rebels winning this victory,'' said a senior Bush Administration official.
query.nytimes.com...

If it weren't for us, you wouldn't be able to sit there and brag falsely, the Soviets would have most likely won, period.

Like I said mate we just need better weapons.

Yeah, too bad we won't give them to you anymore, huh?

And when it comes to Israel wiping the ME.Haha mate you make me laugh, Hezbollah totally destroyed them.

"Totally destroyed them"?!!

Again, they were on a leash. But I know that will never sink into your brainwashed head. So go ahead and laugh all you want. Reality will bite you on the arse eventually.

Israel couldn’t even get rid of a little insurgent group or even stop hamas forming their own government in their backyard. You think they gona wipe out ME?

See above. And as long as we're going back in time, remember the six day war, here's a recap....

Date: June 5, 1967 – June 10, 1967
Result: Decisive Israeli victory
Territorial
changes: Israel captured the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria.
en.wikipedia.org...

You always say you gona use nukes?Well guess what if you use it on ME than your risking your best friend Israel goodbye aswel unless you reshift them back in Germany. But I forgot Israel controls you guys so that idea will never come into action.p

I don't always say that. We wouldn't even come CLOSE to needing nukes, don't flatter yourselves, we could wipe your populations off the planet with CONVENTIONAL weapons, EASILY.

You say we get brainwashed?No we don’t get brainwashed when it comes to defend our lands we will go to any extent to stop the invading yahudi/nasara forces.Every Muslim is an extremist in that way mate. To defend our land is called Jihad. To die for Allah protecting his people is called Shaheed And to die as a Shaheed is a great honour for a muslim and guaranteed paradise.Every muslim agrees to that mate.So we over a billion muslims are brainwashed?No its called love for our religion and our people mate.

Okay. Looks like brainwashing to me. But thanks for admitting "Every Muslim is an extremist in that way", should make those who are standing up for you think twice.

After this you will say OMG OMG muslims are extremist Britain should watch out.Watch out for what mate?Will the British change our religious ideas?NO.Will the British change our religion?NO.Will the British kick us out?NO.Than what will the British do?Nothing matey.You saying Britain should watch out wont make a difference.You wana know why?Because there too many of us matey.

Well, thanks for proving my point, again. So you're talking crap about those who let you live in their country, and who mostly stand up for you? Nice. Well, luckily that isn't even close to happening here, you guys would be smacked down QUICK.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by mj 09
When is the last time Christians killed 3000 people in one day? Christianity has a dark past, but it IS the past. Let's focus on the problem we have now, until the Muslim Martin Luther comes foward.

Christendom cannot claim the high road.

Rwandan Christians played in the swiftest and in some ways most brutal genocide of the 20th century.

Rwanda was the most heavily Christianized country in Africa. Some 90 percent of the people identified themselves as Christians. The Roman Catholic Church, to which 65 percent of the population belonged, played a huge role in Rwandan society. Christian churches, seminaries, schools and other institutions were sprinkled throughout the land.

And yet all of this Christianity did not prevent genocide, a genocide which leading church officials did little to resist, in which a large number of Christians participated, and in which, according to African Rights, more people "died in churches and parishes than anywhere else."

findarticles.com...

At least 500,000 Tutsis and thousands of moderate Hutus died in the genocide. Some estimates put the death toll between 800,000 and 1,000,000.

Alas more recent than past. Do not deceive yourself that it cannot happen again.

not a christian fight, an ethnic fight, lets stick to the facts:

Once, Hutus and Tutsis lived in harmony in Central Africa. About 600 years ago, Tutsis, a tall, warrior people, moved south from Ethiopia and invaded the homeland of the Hutus. Though much smaller in number, they conquered the Hutus, who agreed to raise crops for them in return for protection.

Even in the colonial era -- when Belgium ruled the area, after taking it from Germany in 1916 -- the two groups lived as one, speaking the same language, intermarrying, and obeying a nearly godlike Tutsi king.

Independence changed everything. The monarchy was dissolved and Belgian troops withdrawn -- a power vacuum both Tutsis and Hutus fought to fill. Two new countries emerged in 1962 -- Rwanda, dominated by the Hutus, and Burundi by the Tutsis -- and the ethnic fighting flared on and off in the following decades.

It exploded in 1994 with the civil war in Rwanda in which hundreds of thousands of Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed. Tutsi rebels won control, which sent a million Hutus, fearful of revenge, into Zaire and Tanzania.

In Burundi, the Tutsis yielded power after a Hutu won the country's first democratic election in 1993. He was killed in an attempted coup four months later, and his successor in a suspicious plane crash in 1994, in which the Hutu leader of Rwanda was also killed.

www.cnn.com...

when to peoples want to kill each other badly enough, no one, not even christians can successfully intervene. what would you have them do? use their super powers?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
These Sharia Muslims are nothing more than barbarians period ! The teacher did'nt name the teddy bear , The children did ! Dont they name their children MOHAMMED ? I think if anything they should look in the mirror before passing judgement on this teacher . Dont you think that by nameing a child with the so called prohet's name should also be ruled blasphemy ?

its an honor to name male children after the prophet, but not objects (includes women) because that is paramount to idolatry, which hypocritically enough, is taboo to muslims. although the prophet himself practised it on numerous occasions,

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact it is occurring in a very troubled country where Christians are murdered in mass also. It is NOT indicative of what is happening worldwide with Christians, however stories like the one we are addressing are the result of a worldwide movement in Islam.

DO NOT forget that atheism has caused incredible genocides, itself. This is mostly a human problem, but Islam is definately a contributing factor.Religion had little to do with the two greatest wars the world has ever known.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
reply 27jd

I wouldnt be so sure, i for one am from Glasgow in Scotland and i can tell you right now that any mass scale rioting or violence would not go unchecked in Glasgow at least. Although the population of Muslims in Britian is huge i dont think it is anywhere near the Majority and numbers count when it comes down to it. The reason why we tolerate Muslim's is because we have an open, forgiving and free society, not because we fear any sort of backlash. I for one have witnessed an occasion where a large Muslim family decided to take some rough justice on some teens causing havok outside a corner shop. Within hours the shop was completely destroyed and within a week burned to the ground.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by planetfall

I'm not getting into a debate with someone who is searching around google to justify anything he/she types.

ATS motto is Deny Ignorance, not promote hate

when you've understood that, then ask me for a debate.

hmm, so what method of research would you approve of? this information is out there, from islam's own websites.

name a credible source you rely on for research, i'll gladly accomodate your requirements.

being ignorant of what islam is is just what i'm denying, if you dont like what you read, you're probably not a fan of islam and what it stands for

fair enough, but lets not pretend its something other than what it itself claims to be, by word and deed.

if islam, by its own words appears distasteful and ugly, dont blame the messenger, i am not saying 'hey, we should hate these muslims because of x y and z'. i am simply putting islam on the examination table.

that is hate?

its astonishing how so many simply dont get it. is it beyond your grasp to differentiate between knowledge and offense?

do you dispute any example i've presented? they are all from the source.

be specific.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

just to update

She is being moved to a secret location to insure her safety

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So,

will there be a war between Britain and Sudan?

link   
reply grenade
These protesting yobs are not a lot in their numbers. It’s just that the media pays a lot of attention to the yobs running around bashing the cars calling for death. No that’s not how you behave in our religion. If someone does something wrong than you take them to the court and prosecute them according to the sharia law without making the hassle out of it. But yeh those people are uneducated and don’t have a lot of knowledge about what Islam is in those poor countries.

But if our Sharia law sounds barbaric to the west, than sorry we cant do anything about that because changing or making innovations in our religion is a big sin and leads to hellfire. God has provided us with the perfect religion and it’s not only a religion it’s a way of life that we follow.

link   

Originally posted by asala
news.sky.com...

just to update

She is being moved to a secret location to insure her safety

Oh good, thanks for the update.

Really scary people over there, it's so sad.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by planetfall

I agree, planetfall hasnt spread any hate toward the Muslim faith at all. I have checked all the sources of his information and they all seem legitimate.

I wouldnt agree with the assumption that all Muslims are a threat, however, from the sources he provided it does appear to be a religion which does not promote the peaceful co-existence with other faith's.

Thank you for your input as it has provided food for thought on the ideology of these people.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I beg to differ.

I quoted an article with quotes from Muslims, that said that many Muslim kids name their toys/pets after prophets. Your own religon has mixed opinons on this.

Usually when you name a pet or something dear to you - and its named after someone else - that is usually done out of RESPECT!

If I hate a girl named Mary.........Im certainly not going to name my pet or my child or anything else, Mary.

But if I love and respect a girl named Jane.......then I would be more inclined to name something dear tome, Jane.

See how that works?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yea I don't see any disrespect in calling a teddy bear after prophet's name.

Why are they protesting for? Is it because she's white? It's stupid.

Perhaps there's too much brainwashed people after all...

[edit on 30-11-2007 by TheoOne]

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join