It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Im a british muslim citizen and for us religion first and the rest of the world after.No i am not a terrorist,i pay my taxes and i live peacefully with no hatred for anyone.And yes i am a practicing muslim and no i dont force anyone to live according to how i live as a muslim because everyone has a choice.And no we will not change and make innovations in our religion to suit the east or the west no matter what day and age we live in.

Question:
Do you agree that she should be punished for naming a bear after the childs name? Not the prophet but the child. And what are you thoughts on the child sticking up for her to me the childs understanding of the actual situation is better then the authorities.

Also, what are your thoughts on the people outside the courts house asking for her death? Do you see this as a normal Islamic thing or are these people shameful in your eyes.

Just want to get an opinion from someone who doesn't seem to radical IMHO at least

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Islam is a religion of love and peace.

^^^^^^]

Yes in Islam we have something called sharia law and every muslim has to abide by it...

^^^^^well, IMO sharia law blows the big one.

stoned to death which means you dig a hole in the ground and bury both male and the female who commited the sin and keep thier heads above the ground.Than you stone thier heads till they die.

^^^^^^thats so like 3,000 years ago.....i am all for staying out of your country's affairs. i love to talk about it on the net but honestly, i really don't care(as in feeling it in the heart) about what goes down round your parts....i know i don't agree. i know i think it is sick and disgusting.
i know that women are not treated well.
basically, IMO, this religion of peace and all that it entails, sucks...
bottom line for me.....
i pretty much loathe religion but over the past few years, islam has climbed to the top spot.....

Now to make things simple and clear we have these punishments in sharia law because we cant tolerate this kind of stuff in society

^^^^what stuff? stuffed animals named after some fake prophet? woman getting raped? i mean, what exactly can you not have in your society?

No its not barbaric its the best way to keep crime and unsocial activities to minimum.It keeps the society clean.

^^^^^i mean this in the nicest, most respectful way posible over the net....you, yes YOU, are insane my friend.....my opinion only....

Coming back to the topic about the british women naming the teddy bear muhammad.Well she should have known better espicially after what happened with the cartoons

^^^^^i suppose you're right...she should have known that for naming a stuffed animal after mohomad(real popular name btw) that the religion of peace would call for her head...she 'should' have known that....

so you personally are on board with all this sharia law stuff?
stonings and lashings and such?

i love to debate this stuff but in the end, i think that you guys(muslims in other countries) should be left to your own devices...
let you guys stone each other for the next 100 years....that would be fine by me....

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
indeed, keep that nasty little cult away from these shores- it is a pity more Muslims did not put their faith before their pocket and did not emigrate to the west

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is all just but a cultural clash, and should have been dealt like so, if not why then dont round up the 20 kids that voted for the name and whip them too?

I think they are just targeting this women because she is not Muslim.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am not only a practising muslim but i also work in an organisation which is non political which invites people towards islam in this country (UK).And i have seen many converting to Islam and more people are interested about islam nowadays because of the large media attention.So if its soo harsh why do more and more people convert to islam?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by planetfall

Originally posted by intrepid
Your point is still lost on me.

you may notice the expression of surprise failing to appear on my face.

carry on, then, but i have to say, that was the sloppiest sidestepping i've ever seen exhibited.

Well, you've equated Muslims with pedophiles, "unwashed hippies", crack heads, etc and I've yet to see a corrolation with any of that. If you can't make your point don't look to me to make it, it's lost on me.

i have not, your reading comprehension could use a little fine tuning. i simply pointed out that your claim that no one should be bigoted towards any human regardless of belief was hogwash

i used pedophiles as a group of people whos creed i wonder if you were for or agaist.

your clumsy attempts to avoid the question and engage in misdirection was somewhat amusing and not unexpected.

so, again i put it to you, are you intolerant of the values pedophiles hold very dear?

its very simple, yes you are intolerant of pedophile behaviour or you are not.

how anyone could miss that point can only be chocked up to deliberate aversion.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

If something like this happens which hopefully wont if i bring my child as a good practising muslim.But in case if it does than no i cant carry out any type of sharia law action in this country because like you just said i am not in a country where the Sharia law is applied .

so for clarification,
you(people) default to the rules of the country you are in?

sounds to me like you're doing what most religious folk do and that is pick and choose what parts you are going to believe and how hardcore you're gonna believe...
thats how it seems to me. only thing is, islam seems a hell of a lot more violent to me than other religions....
i loathe all religions but man, islam is bass ackwards you know...
why can't they get their # together?
maybe they like living how they live......who knows?

70 virgins does sound pretty tasty....have to admit that

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am not only a practising muslim but i also work in an organisation which is non political which invites people towards islam in this country (UK).And i have seen many converting to Islam and more people are interested about islam nowadays because of the large media attention.So if its soo harsh why do more and more people convert to islam?

Converting to Islam in a country where Shiria law is not practiced is not as big a step as you make out. People convert to other religions all the time. If you can give some rough numbers, I would like to see how many converts live in a country that is under Shiria law.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

dear boy, some people turn to heroin, some people throw themselves off bridges

The REAL story, which people like you hate, is the number of LAPSED muslims and people who turn away from Islam, in spite of the violence and aggression that follows it

Get with the western civilisation or leave

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

If something like this happens which hopefully wont if i bring my child as a good practising muslim.But in case if it does than no i cant carry out any type of sharia law action in this country because like you just said i am not in a country where the Sharia law is applied .

so for clarification,
you(people) default to the rules of the country you are in?

sounds to me like you're doing what most religious folk do and that is pick and choose what parts you are going to believe and how hardcore you're gonna believe...
thats how it seems to me. only thing is, islam seems a hell of a lot more violent to me than other religions....
i loathe all religions but man, islam is bass ackwards you know...
why can't they get their # together?
maybe they like living how they live......who knows?

Be well funny when they find out their 70 virgins all look like Ariel Sharon

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So if its soo harsh why do more and more people convert to islam?

this is just my opinion and it is pure speculation...i have nothing to prove this and nothing to go by other than what i see and hear.
i will compare it in this instance to scientology...
for the people that convert to either, my opinion(s) are they are either brainwashed, naieve, gullable, or insane...

i am thinking maybe the conversion to islam sounds all fantastic but a year in, it might not be so fantastic anymore.

like i said, this is just pouring out of my head but hey, i can not understand why anyone would want to convert to any religion, let alone one that 'appears' to be pretty damned barbaric.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Be well funny when they find out their 70 virgins all look like Ariel Sharon

yeah, it says 70 virgins, but no specs on em......i don't want 70 virgins that way 2 bills each...
whats the catch?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We have Sharia law because it stops people committing crimes and unsocial activites.When people hear about the punishments they tremble with fear and wouldn’t dare commit these sort of wrong things.
We don’t want have girlfriend boyfriends, homosexuals, paedophiles and the rest of the crap.
We don’t want to create a generation of bastards that’s why we have strong control over our societies with such laws. We don’t have a lot of prisons where people come and go after they done their sentence and go back out to rape and murder again.Sharia law is there to maintain a society in a perfect way.
It’s the way how Islam is and no one can ever change it. its impossible to change it that’s why no one can ever change it.

And i apologise that i wont be able to answer some of your questions because all of you are against me and its hard to reply to all.so i am just stating what the Sharia law states.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It dosen't work out to good for the virgins though...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'd rather have 10 moderately experienced women than 72 virgins. I don't want to have to teach them all what to do, and deal with having to be gentle and all their crazy virgin emotions, lol.

Anyway, I'm SICK of walking on islam egg shells. That pig joke from a previous poster was funny, everybody in the west with a pet pig should name it Mohammed from now on. Maybe if they're exposed to an overload of percieved attacks on their false prophet, they'll STOP being so sensitive about it, that or they'll die of heart attacks cuz their so pissed, lol. That or they'll hate us and our way of life, oh wait, they already do.

I really think EVERY time a westerner goes to one of these ridiculous little countries, commits some MINOR offense, and the authorities try to implement THEIR heinous religious laws on them, we send in special forces with air support to extract them and kill anybody who tries to stop it. We should have done that with the kid who was caned for spray painting, the Australian woman who was busted with a little weed, this woman, and any others I'm forgetting. Let them know we will NOT stand for that crap. Period.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by planetfall
does that mean i hate those mean ol' guns? no, i am simply pointing out the nature of the gun.

But why are you doing it? I mean, its not as if people can't see theres a problem for themselves.

So whats driving you?

this is a discussion concerning an aspect of muslim culture, is it not?

and what the nature of the culture is and is not. (do try to keep up)

in order to better understand the origin of events like we see in the headline for this discussion, a closer examination of the foundation of their society could and obviously has proved helpful, as distasteful and non-p.c. as it is.

you dont have to like it, i wish the koran was full of furry woodland creatures and enchanted wonderlands, but it is not.

it is bursting at the seams with violence, hatred and intolerance most notably, other unpleasant things filling the cracks those three features leave open.

and no one seems to want to talk about it, they always skirt the real issues when discussing 'gee, whats wrong with these muslim guys?'

there is a certain sort of person, who is often more interested in asking the questions than accepting the answers to those questions.

and they add nothing to a real, meaningful discussion.

some are so out of touch they cannot distinguish obvious examination and observation with "duh, hatin', dude"

they confuse criticism with racism, sexism, whateverism, because everyone is supposed to feel good about themselves, no matter how incompetent, ill behaved, or underacheiving they are.

pure rubbish.

yes, the muslim radicals are bad, bad guys, and boy are there plenty of them.

but what of the sweet, noble, moderate muslims? they've been held up as shining, anonymous and undocumented examples that resemble complete fiction to me.

well, whoever they are, their tacit inaction to the things their rabid brothers are doing in the name of their common religion is as damning.

silent consent. i know they are likely afraid of being killed along with their families for speaking up.

that not only sounds like terrorism it is terrorism

if most of the posters here dont have the belly to face the real reasons muslims act the way they do, then they have no business in this discussion, watering it down with western platitudes serve no purpose at best, misinforms at worse.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You can only make sick comments like that on this forum about our prophet muhammad(peace be upon him) on this forum.If you are soo brave go do it in a muslim community or country.You will be lucky if you come out alive matey.
If you cant stand my comments stop making your on crap up.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Kangjia I'm truelly struggling to believe that yours is a legitimate profile and not that of someone who has come here to whip up anti Islamic sentiment for their own twisted purposes.

I'm undecided whether or not to bite ... so in general terms I'm just going to say I don't agree with such views to any extent whatever and neither do the vast majority of Britons ... Christian, Jews, Muslims or million different.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
If someone did this to me, I'd try to conserve my strenggth for when it was over..., then when I was able to stand, Pummel the guy with the whip, till his face resembles a bloody bowl of Porridge.

dont you think they might be prepared to handle a situation like that?

the phrase 'impotent rage' comes to mind...

its all a perfectly acceptable part of their culture, this punishment ensures few law breakers

cant argue with results, hmm?

Obedient Women

Respectful Children

Impressive Technical Skills

Moral Clarity

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
its a ligit profile.I am just telling the truth about what sharia law is all about.I mean how the hell is me telling what sharia law is all about related to terrorism.its just an islamic law and muslims follow it.Why do you all start coming out with words like brainwash, terrorist and other bull for no reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join