It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 25
14
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by planetfall
 


I understand exactly what you are getting at ....its not about the people or religion ...its the culture... ...the culture / mentality that allows these things to happen !"...if we accept this and walk away and just forget...we have forgotten our humanity...and just taken another step to accepting another oppressive stage in humankinds developmet...

Personally I think its all very silly....we are on the edge of environmentally dangerous events...crap will happen in our lifetimes,,,

Its alright having a NWO a global Islamic state.....but the crap that is on its way..is going to make it difficult for anyone to govern !!

Off topic ..sorry !!


same old same old, we had extrenelt cold spells several hundred years ago (ie near history) which stunted growth, development etc

The earth is always "dangerous" environmentally




posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ironically, the environmental doom mongers are, when you boil it down, practiscing a form of faith!



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Okay then, here is the latest

www.cnn.com...

A British female teacher has arrived at a court in Sudan after she was charged with offending religion by allowing a teddy bear to be named "Mohammed."

An undated amateur photo of Gillian Gibbons, who has been charged with offending religion.Gillian Gibbons, 54, arrived at court looking dejected and dazed after she was detained earlier this week when she asked her class of seven-year-olds to come up with a name for the toy as part of a school project, Robert Boulos, the head of Unity High School told CNN.

British consular staff and Gibbons' defense team were at first refused access to the court by Sudanese police.

But Gibbons' defense lawyer argued with authorities and was later allowed in to see his client. He came out after 30 minutes and told reporters the hearing had been adjourned while judges waited for the prosecution team to arrive.


www.guardian.co.uk...

Confusion surrounded the Sudan court appearance of British teacher Gillian Gibbons who is charged with inciting religious hatred over letting her pupils name a teddy bear Mohammed.

Riot police surrounded the building and the media, British embassy officials and colleagues from her school were barred from the hearing, which would normally be held in public.Mrs Gibbons, in a dark jacket and blue skirt, was not handcuffed but looked tired and distressed as she walked into the courtroom in Khartoum.

It was not clear if her appearance meant her trial would start on Thursday or if there would be preliminary proceedings against her.


So she nearly didn't even have people there to defend here at all as they were physically barred from the building for a period of time, and they haven't even told anyone if this is the start of the trial or not?! What a legal system!

www.politics.co.uk...$482314$482290.htm

If Gillian Gibbons stands before a competent court today in Sudan she will be found innocent, the country's leading human rights lawyer has said.


We can but hope! Diplomacy is still playing a big part in this of course in order to try and get her released now

www.bloomberg.com...

Nov. 29 (Bloomberg) -- The U.K. wants Sudan to free a British teacher who is on trial in Khartoum after being charged with insulting religion for allowing pupils to name a teddy bear Muhammad. The teacher should be freed ``as soon as possible,'' Foreign Secretary David Miliband said.``It's an innocent misunderstanding,'' Miliband told reporters today in London.

``Common sense needs to prevail.'' Miliband met with the ambassador for Sudan today.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
Okay then, here is the latest

www.politics.co.uk...$482314$482290.htm

If Gillian Gibbons stands before a competent court today in Sudan she will be found innocent, the country's leading human rights lawyer has said.




Sudan has a HUMAN RIGHTS advocate???!!!


[edit on 11/29/2007 by Ironclad]



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
insane? yes? but does sound pretty hot. j/k



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Islam is a religion of love and peace.
Yes in Islam we have something called sharia law and every muslim has to abide by it.Yes in sharia law if you steal you get your hands chopped off,if you have sex before marriage or have any kind of relation with opposite sex than you get 100 lashes,if you commit adultery (sex with somoneelse after marriage) than you get stoned to death which means you dig a hole in the ground and bury both male and the female who commited the sin and keep thier heads above the ground.Than you stone thier heads till they die.

Now to make things simple and clear we have these punishments in sharia law because we cant tolerate this kind of stuff in society.We have these punishments because no one will dare commit these sins if they knew how harsh will the punishments be if they got caught.No its not barbaric its the best way to keep crime and unsocial activities to minimum.It keeps the society clean.

Coming back to the topic about the british women naming the teddy bear muhammad.Well she should have known better espicially after what happened with the cartoons and she should have also known the rules and laws of the country.Well i dont think she intentionaly named the bear like she did but i guess the sudanese will eventually understand and let her go or give her a light sentence.

And looking at the other topic about the rape case in saudia arabia.That women should get lashed for commiting the crime she did.But when it comes to the gang rape,the rapers should have got punished and not doubling the the womens lashes which i couldnt understand myself.But i guess they doubled it because the situation she was in tempted the rapers to what they did.But still didnt make sense because they still did rape her and they should get punished aswell as harshly as she is being punished.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Islam is a religion of love and peace.
Yes in Islam we have something called sharia law and every muslim has to abide by it.Yes in sharia law if you steal you get your hands chopped off,if you have sex before marriage or have any kind of relation with opposite sex than you get 100 lashes,if you commit adultery (sex with somoneelse after marriage) than you get stoned to death which means you dig a hole in the ground and bury both male and the female who commited the sin and keep thier heads above the ground.Than you stone thier heads till they die.

Now to make things simple and clear we have these punishments in sharia law because we cant tolerate this kind of stuff in society.We have these punishments because no one will dare commit these sins if they knew how harsh will the punishments be if they got caught.No its not barbaric its the best way to keep crime and unsocial activities to minimum.It keeps the society clean.

Coming back to the topic about the british women naming the teddy bear muhammad.Well she should have known better espicially after what happened with the cartoons and she should have also known the rules and laws of the country.Well i dont think she intentionaly named the bear like she did but i guess the sudanese will eventually understand and let her go or give her a light sentence.

And looking at the other topic about the rape case in saudia arabia.That women should get lashed for commiting the crime she did.But when it comes to the gang rape,the rapers should have got punished and not doubling the the womens lashes which i couldnt understand myself.But i guess they doubled it because the situation she was in tempted the rapers to what they did.But still didnt make sense because they still did rape her and they should get punished aswell as harshly as she is being punished.


have a word and stop perverting the dictionary, thats like saying anti semites love jews, black is white etc etc

"stonings", "lashings", "death" in the same paragraph as saying you follow a religion of peace

HOW ABOUT YOU KEEP YOUR MEDIEVAL CULT AWAY FROM WESTERN CIVILISATION AND WE WILL ADVISE FOOLISH TEACHERS NOT TO GO TO #HOLES LIKE THE SUDAN



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well said blueorder...I couldn't agree more



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like how sudan forgets that the most common name among muslims is mohammed. ehh.

/me slaps sudan



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Islam is a religion of love and peace.
Yes in Islam we have something called sharia law and every muslim has to abide by it.Yes in sharia law if you steal you get your hands chopped off,if you have sex before marriage or have any kind of relation with opposite sex than you get 100 lashes,if you commit adultery ...


Well, here we have a muslim in favor of the type of punishment we have been discussing here. Like most muslims they see nothig wrong with it.
I have over 250 Muslims working for me. I did an inpromptu poll of 10 of them and almost to a man they agreed that the punshment was harsh..but deserved.
These re not Muslims in Sudan, Iraq, or some other third world country, these are Musims right here in the US.

I know such a small sample is totally unscientific, but I think Western Society is deluding itself when it believes that the vast majority of Muslims are opposed to violence.
For them there is no room for tolerance or mercy when it comes to an infraction of their religeous laws.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Im a british muslim citizen and for us religion first and the rest of the world after.No i am not a terrorist,i pay my taxes and i live peacefully with no hatred for anyone.And yes i am a practising muslim and no i dont force anyone to live according to how i live as a muslim because everyone has a choice.And no we will not change and make innovations in our religion to suit the east or the west no matter what day and age we live in.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
Im a british muslim citizen and for us religion first and the rest of the world after.No i am not a terrorist,i pay my taxes and i live peacefully with no hatred for anyone.And yes i am a practising muslim and no i dont force anyone to live according to how i live as a muslim because everyone has a choice.And no we will not change and make innovations in our religion to suit the east or the west no matter what day and age we live in.


I don't give a damn if you pay a million in taxes, keep your 15th century notions of religious law (which you just did above) for another land- the UK, contrary to what the elite (who cower in fear) is not a land for shariah- no land should be, but rest assured, it aint for the UK.


Christianity has had to deal with criticism and "offence" for hundreds of years in the UK, you guys will just have to get up to speed

[edit on 29-11-2007 by blueorder]



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I didnt say we should bring sharia law here in UK so please stop making up things.I just said sharia law is the way it is so no matter what day and age we live in its never going to change matey.And if Islam is that bad there wouldnt be over billion muslims today.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
.And no we will not change and make innovations in our religion to suit the east or the west no matter what day and age we live in.


You state that you are a Muslim living in Britain. Question;

Hypothetically, if one of your family members, i.e. son or daughter, commits an infraction of one of your religious laws, will you strictly carry out the punishment according to Sharia law? Or will you default to the British code of law?

Lets say for instance you have a teenage son you has premarital sex with his girlfriend....According to Shari law he should be killed. You stated that you will not change or make innovations .....That your religious laws come first. Will you as a good Muslim carry out the verdict according to Sharia law?



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57
 


Are you serious? You must be joking, if not you just provided more ammo for those who hate islam. Personally, I think this is a fabricated post. To start out saying islam is a religion of love and peace, then to follow it up that way is a sick joke. Just in case you're for real and that's how the average muslim really feels, I'll respond.

Your religion has NO place in today's world, and we're on a collision course. Your religion is SICK, and the "men" who subscribe to the extreme version of it are pathetic, insecure, and inadequate. They must be or they wouldn't feel the need to sheild their women from ANY temptation, since the men are not worth being faithful to obviously on their own merits, or they wouldn't have to force the women to stay with them by fear of death. Your punishments for petty crimes are equally sick, and the fact you stated the woman in the rape case was responsible for tempting the rapers is just beyond comprehension. Your religion is NOT right with god, allah, or whomever. I believe in faith in a higher power, but I detest all religions for the very reasons you've so conveniently showed us, but at this point in time, islam is the main offender in the world for gross human rights violations in the name of a god. Your religion is the religion of the devil if there ever was any, any evil creature would smile upon the brutality of your peaceful and loving version of islam.

To the relatively few, or silent moderate muslims out there, I am referring to the extremist islamic faith, if you're on board with bringing your religion into this century, then none of what I said is directed at you.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
And if Islam is that bad there wouldnt be over billion muslims today.


Isnt Islam imposed on many mulslim countries around the world? I mean yeah their is Christians and Jews living in some Arab countries, African and Iran too, but they always have to deal with persecussion and even death.

So is not like many people around those regions have a choice, do they.

Edit to add: That would explain why to some degree why many "choose" Islam as their religion and why you have BILLION of them.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by Bunch]



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
I didnt say we should bring sharia law here in UK so please stop making up things.I just said sharia law is the way it is so no matter what day and age we live in its never going to change matey.And if Islam is that bad there wouldnt be over billion muslims today.


It aint gonna happen in the UK matey, contrary to what the waffling elite soft sell you and your brothers chumley- Im gettin a pet pig for Christmas, guess what Im gonna call him.........

[edit on 29-11-2007 by blueorder]



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My God, there is talk of this?! Is this what some people really want to do? I am positive no-one will defend this sense of "justice" at all


www.express.co.uk...

The 54-year-old arrived at court in Khartoum looking tired and distressed amid fears Islamic extremists might be planning to kidnap and execute her.


Also, it wasn't a parent who complained, it was one assistant who had a problem with it. A big enough problem to not go straight to her superior at her place of work, but the police. The kids didn't care and their parents didn't care - should the parents not also be facing arrest for letting something so big slide past them?


www.guardian.co.uk...

he British teacher facing 40 lashes for naming a teddy bear Muhammad was reported to police by an office worker at her Sudan school, it has emerged.Looking tired and distressed, Gillian Gibbons, 54, appeared in court in Khartoum for the start of her trial charged with inciting religious hatred.She entered amid chaotic scenes, outside an offender was being whipped as part of his punishment, and riot police surrounded the area. Media and school colleagues were banned from the court and police even tried to stop her own lawyer from entering.A statement from Mrs Gibbons, a mother-of-two from Liverpool, was read to the court in which she explained the incident and underlined that her seven-year-old students picked the name.The judge also ordered the prosecution to produce the person who originally complained against Mrs Gibbons and she was revealed as Sara Khawad, an office assistant at the Unity High School.


[edit on 29/11/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If something like this happens which hopefully wont if i bring my child as a good practising muslim.But in case if it does than no i cant carry out any type of sharia law action in this country because like you just said i am not in a country where the Sharia law is applied so i follow the laws and rules of this country because i choose to live here.So i will either ask him/her to repent sincerely or if they willingly want to get punished ,they can go to a country where there is Sharia law and get punished there for thier sin and come back.



posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
christianism would do almost the same a few centuries ago... they have yet to live the illuminism



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

log in

join