It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chemicalbrother
I've just heard on BBC radio 2 that the teacher Gillian Gibbons has been released.

sweet!

i wonder how long before the vigilantes get to her? i giver her a week if she stays in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall

I've just heard on BBC radio 2 that the teacher Gillian Gibbons has been released.

sweet!

i wonder how long before the vigilantes get to her? i giver her a week if she stays in the middle east.

Let's hope she left the police station for the airport and a direct flight home.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm heading out the door for a meeting at the moment, but let me let you know where i stand in regards to this whole mess. There is something to be said for taking ones destiny in to ones own hands. Revolution through the sword, pen, and more modernly the camera and the internet, helps people to do this. Ideology in the hands of the wrong people throughout history has always been a dangerous thing. All i want is to see some attempt by the moderate muslims (and yes, i do know they exist) to take their destiny in to their own hands, put their foot down, and say to the world "these maniacs do not represent me".

You have to admit that this has not happened on any respectable scale in memory.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall
those kids obviously did not deserve that, any more than women deserve law sanctioned beatings for not pleasing husband (but only as a last resort! riiiiiight...)

The difference is............the molestation victims broke NO laws. Whether you agree with a country's law or not, doesn't make it any less a law. This lady was an outsider. Nobody put a gun to her freakin' head to go work there. It's her responsibility to know the ins and outs of Islamic law, ESPECIALLY because she's a woman I would think.

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But Shir Mohammad, at 24, was already getting too old to be a dancing boy. "I am grown up now and do not have the beauty of former years. So, I proposed to marry my lord's daughter and he has agreed to it."

Now I have heard everything.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemicalbrother

COOL!

Maybe they read the forum

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp
You have to admit that this has not happened on any respectable scale in memory.

I'm assuming you mean in Muslim nations like Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. Because these things aren't happening in nations like Egypt.

Yes, I would like to see moderate Muslims in those 15th century run nations stand up. I fear though that there will that many less moderates left in those nations for standing up though.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I don't know what the future holds and I have no answers, sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In my earlier post I may have been harsh but I would be just as harsh if it was Christians burning a woman at the stake like they use to do just hundreds of years ago. We need to grow up as a human species on this Earth if we are to call ourselves civilized. A true mark of a highly civilized species is knowledge that war and conflict do not achieve a higher plane of existence.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I just had to post this because it so touched my heart it made me cry,

Student defends Briton jailed over teddy bear

A 7-year-old Sudanese student on Tuesday defended the British teacher accused of insulting Islam saying he had chosen to call a teddy bear Mohammad because it was his own name.

www.reuters.com...

"I'm annoyed ... that this has escalated in this way," his mother said. "If it happened as Mohammad said there is no problem here - it was not intended."

Maybe there is hope,

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The only reason you drag the US into every discussion is to try to make another country look less evil than they might be.

Jso, did you just say that the United States of America is so evil that it is being used to prop up other nations records. Did you just say we are so evil that other nations can and are pointing to us to say "See we are NOT as evil as the US"

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

We do need to evolve, cloak, many people do live for the most part, peacefully side by side, of every faith, and color and creed, from evey nation.

By now, with the increase in knowledge on this planet, one would think we all could find a way.

What is your solution?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Intrepid,

I think what you have an many of the nations is a situation you have here in the US. The GOP is run by a realtivly small group of religious right wing extremists. Many of which have ideologies that someone like an OBL would look at at recognize.: hard Core fundamentalism. No matter who you pray too all of these groups preach one thing: Conform to us or else.

They do not neccesarly represent mainstream thought, they just happen to have power and the money needed to back it up. That could be said of both Muslim extreemist and the current power structure of the GOP for that matter. Unless people are willing to stand up and perhaps die (its not just a middle east thing here just look at the tactics used at abortion clinics) no changes will be in the offering

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

(its not just a middle east thing here just look at the tactics used at abortion clinics) no changes will be in the offering

Seriously?

What do you mean,exactly?

Have the Christians been rioting outside of clinics recently?

You do know Muslims don't abide abortion either, don't you?

[edit on 023030p://bTuesday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dznetworks2

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Close your eyes.

[edit on 013030p://bTuesday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So anyway I have been looking for a report on her release, I haven't found one yet, does anyone have a link?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Outstanding news and I hate to question you here but I have yet to find any links confirming this and Sky News don't have it on their 8PM headlines, so are you sure they said she HAS been released?

I really hope they got it right on the report and this is over for her

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
So anyway I have been looking for a report on her release, I haven't found one yet, does anyone have a link?

I'm still looking myself.
Maybe the earlier report was wrong?

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

well, its only bad from a particular perspective. if you're an infidel, well... not so great.

yeah, a lot of people are doing that, the silent from fear thing...

take the general muslim population for instance, when it comes to standing up and speaking out about their more excitable brothers... nary a peep.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join