It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

Fair comment, I have seen many threads degenerate the way you have described, that is why it is essential to remain on thread and to be respectful.

Ultimately, one uniting thing has brought most of us here to this site, the desire to discuss topics, in a respectful manner, which we may not be able to elsewhere.

Regards and Respect.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Ironic how you've just shown that there appear to exist theocracies that do not resort to continued barbarism in this day and age and which are also not islamic.

The point APC originally made (the reference to theocracy) was that theocracy is the problem and that "The specific religion in question has nothing to do with this (* The barbaric laws and systems). It is the reliance on theology to run a country that must be condemned." and he also made reference that if the US were a Christian theorcacy, "ll the gays would be dead, all the women would be voiceless and pregnant, and to question the holy leaders would get your head bashed in with a rock. "

Seems that the problem is deeper than the rose coloured glasses permit us to see, eh.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Btw, if you want quotes from a holy book, I could come up with some nasty passages from the Old Testament.

But what would the point of that be? We are not talking about people being threatened with lashes under Jewish law. we are not referring to mobs of Jewish youths threatening to kill someone for naming a teddy bear.

Why would you bringing up anything from the old testament in anyway fit in with the topic, which relates largely to 'blasphemy against islam' and to a lesser extent, how severe violence is often seen as justified punishment for petty offences within islam.

I don't get why people always resort to comparisons, as if to somehow negate the facts at hand.

The discussion relates to islam, and verses from the qur'an are mentioned. Not judaism.

I could refer people to viking history. But it still in no way has anything to do with islam, or many of the barbaric laws still enacted within islam.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

No, you're absolutely right, the US bombers who drop bombs on hospitals aren't even fundamentalists...

You're really showing that you're getting frayed around the edges here.

I mean, thats pathetic.. really.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Because people are picking and choosing verse to condemn a religion. The same could be done to any ancient religion. That was difficult to understand?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Firstly you have NO idea what religion anyone who lives in Sudan is. There are atheists, muslims, Christians, etc etc

So what was the 'charge' again? Blasphemy against athists? No thats not right.. Blasphemy against Christians? Hmm.. What was it... I plum forget...

Nice try though.

Secondly, I cannot find any links whereby the US military has 'purposely' dropped a bomb on a hospital

So you purposely posted something you knew was false, but hey, it's the thought that counts?

I see...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Because people are picking and choosing verse to condemn a religion. The same could be done to any ancient religion. That was difficult to understand?

It tends to ebb towards going off topic. And this thread has got enough people dragging up everything under the sun in order to derail the thread.

Something I thought you guys like to keep in order, or so I thought.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm really getting sick and tired of having to go through life tip-toeing around people's beliefs in fear of causing upset, the level of political correctness in todays hyper-sensitive society is starting to suffocate me and I feel my mind starting to rebel against it, I mean, where the hell is it going to end?

So, with that, I'd like to state that Muhammad/Allah/God/Jesus can all kiss my big [butt].

-------------------------------
[Mod edit]

[edit on 26/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
It tends to ebb towards going off topic. And this thread has got enough people dragging up everything under the sun in order to derail the thread.

Something I thought you guys like to keep in order, or so I thought.

So your post to me was basically an attack on moderators? Isn't that off topic as well? At least mine had a point behind it.

Now back to the topic. I wouldn't want to disappoint you.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
if you read this article right the teacher let the children name the bear
will they be punished as well? This is so stupid and petty.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There's really nothing wrong with Islam as a religion. It does however have the same problem every other religion has, in that there are a bunch of power hungry, self serving, morons who control it and twist it until it's completely unrecognizable.

And just so all those muslim radical extremists know, I have boil on my butt named Muhammad. It's not "the" Muhammad, just a Muhammad

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Alrighty then. Kindly stay on topic and lets stop what amounts to trollery plain and simple.

If you cannot discuss this topic with a bit of decorum then perhaps you need to step away from the puter, get a tasty beverage and chill for a bit.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Great advice. If I fully embraced my initial urge to post, I'd be letting off a host of obscenities that would make even my dear ol' dad blush.

This is a thread best to be read, and let the rest go unsaid.

*gets a tasty beverage and chills for a bit*

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
There's really nothing wrong with Islam as a religion.

but for the fact that allah demands this to be a muslim world, and infidels must either be converted, or killed. its very simple.

ready to convert, infidel? (apparently, conversion is no guarantee... would you like to sit in the sunni or shiite section, good sir?)

perhaps this might help open a few complacent eyes:

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Well yet another example of how Islam is a religion of love and peace. This is insane, they act like they were going to worship this bear like some kind of idol or something.

These sort of crap only happens in certain Muslim majority countries. It's got a lot to do with the socio-economic situation and the level of education.

Further information here:

List of Muslim majority nations, with the crappy ones in BOLD
Factors that square into the equation (of why they're crappy)

Those are my posts from almost two years back. I'm tired of rehashing/retyping it... if you really want to deny ignorance, you'll click on them. Feel free to respond to the socio-economic angle there if you want. The thread could use a bump.

reply to post by Throbber

The answer you seek are in the above links.

You hit the nail on the head. Lets examine the status of most Islam-dominant countries...most are third-world or less, with most of the population starving, or struggling to even have clean water and food.

Let's now look at predominantly "Christian" countries...

Oh what? Most are European or North American? And all of those are considered "1st world"?

These people in these countries with Islam as their religion are doing what they have to do, having been given the lot they were cast.

Terrorism and barbarism are desperate acts by desperate people.

Lets examine why these people feel so desperate to be heard/taken seriously, and then we can make progress.

If we as a species should have learned ONE DANG THING from the 20th century--it's that wars of ideals can NEVER be won and only cause endless forms of misery, death and suffering.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You also need to understand, images of "Muhammad" are forbidden in Islam. Naming an animal as such would be highly offensive. The reasoning behind this is that the prophet himself did not want to be, or ever be "idolized" -- but rather his words and messages followed.

Take Catholics...they worship this dying man all contorted in pain on a "rack" AKA "Cross" ... it plays on their emotions and sucks them in ways "not genuine".

Muslims abhor this--and even in their own movies about their own religious histories--Muhammad is never "shown" he is simply a voice behind the camera.

He was humble, humble as Jesus was--but his followers ACTUALLY kept his wish to not be "worshiped as a man/idol/diety"....Unlike the Christ-figure staring down at us twisted with pain to make us feel the guilt/shame of our sins.

Man Christianity has really become twisted/distorted and a major "guilt trip" on what cuts deepest to ourselves--our own shame.

And yes, I am NOT Muslim, but I also and NOT Christian. I take a third-person view and study all major religions.

I see perversions in both. But Christianity wins the cake for making the individual feel "obedience through guilt" award.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i think muhamad must be pretty pissed of he should be enjoying paradise but instead i imasgine he hears al the bull# the fanatics are saying that supposedly came from him and allah. islam is supposed to be a relegion of peace and tolerance not hatred and violence. they say touching the koran is blasphemy.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i think muhamad must be pretty pissed of he should be enjoying paradise but instead i imasgine he hears al the bull# the fanatics are saying that supposedly came from him and allah. islam is supposed to be a relegion of peace and tolerance not hatred and violence. they say touching the koran is blasphemy.

The same could be said for Jesus. I see these "WWJD" or "What Would Jesus Do" stickers, t-shirts and other money-making items and I respond with:

"Probably start to cry....
"

The messages of these great men of history have been perverted, twisted, and used as tools by those in power to control those underneath them.

I'm sure Ghandi, Buddha, Jesus and Mohammad are all sitting around shaking their heads at the terrible twisting of their life's works.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

In addition, I'd like to add...

I've studied all of these "great" men's work. The one common theme that over rides any other is "love for thy neighbor".

All of the great religious leaders taught the same message--just in a different flavor. It's all "ice cream" so to speak--but one is strawberry another vanilla.

I don't get where this whole, "kill our competition" ever got introduced...oh wait, greedy popes and caliphs ...never mind...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
shame on everybody hating on Islam on this thread!

ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE!

*rolls around on the floor laughing*

now my infidel clothings are all dirty, meh.

[edit on 11/27/2007 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join