It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK teacher held in Sudan over teddy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

KHARTOUM (Reuters) - A British primary school teacher has been arrested in Sudan, accused of insulting Islam's Prophet by letting her class of 7-year-olds name a teddy bear Mohammed, her school said on Monday.

Police arrested Gillian Gibbons, 54 of Liverpool, on Sunday at her home inside the Unity High School premises after a number of parents complained to Sudan's Ministry of Education, said Unity director Robert Boulos.

If convicted, Gibbons could be sentenced to 40 lashes, six months in prison or a fine, said Ghazi Suleiman, the head of the Sudan Human Rights Group.

I'm sure if she ever wanted to insult them in any way she wouldn't bother to work there and help educate the children. I'm sure she had no idea, just give her a break!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
More wonders from the religion of "peace", and this from a sovereign nation, not "terrorist extremists"

Where are all the protesting students now, why arent they outside every Sudanese embassy in the west bemoaning the ISlamic Arab Genocide of black africans, and fighting this woman's cause

Shame on those in the West who turn their head or worse, defend, the increasing Islamic population amongst our civilisation

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Someone saw my thread at last \o/

The real talk started over on another thread though due to the title of the article used most likely - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

cheers

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the other thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

top topics

join