It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police have tentative ID on girl found dead in box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The toddler whose body washed ashore in Texas last month has been tentatively identified as a 2-year-old girl, and her mother and a man identified as her boyfriend were arrested Saturday, the Galveston County Sheriff's office said Sunday.

Police believe two-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers may be "Baby Grace."

Investigators believe the child they dubbed "Baby Grace" is actually 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers, the Galveston County Sheriff's office said Sunday.

DNA analysis is still in progress to confirm that identification.

The child's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 19, and a man identified as Royce Clyde Zeigler II, 24, were arrested Saturday on charges of injuring a child and tampering with physical evidence, the sheriff's department said.

The couple lives in Spring, Texas, a Houston suburb about 75 miles north of Galveston.

CNN Link

It is hard to believe people can do these type of things. If this woman does not want the child she could have sent it back to the father, grandparents or let a family care for her. The child isn't something to be destroyed and discarded.

The mother claimed a social worker showed up at her door and demanded the child which she turned over to the person. Sounds pretty fishy.

I will refrain from stating my feeling toward this sick woman.

[edit on 11/26/2007 by roadgravel]
Fix link

[edit on 11/26/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's an update on the case from the Houston Chronicle.

Trenor and Zeigler are charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence. They are being held on $350,000 bail.

Galveston County District Attorney Kurt Sistrunk has said he could seek capital murder charges from a grand jury, depending on the results of a continuing investigation.

I still can't understand how someone can physically abuse and murder a child the way they did.

new topics

join