It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lombozo Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Allright, the Thanksgiving Holiday has come and gone.

This year I had the entire family over for the feast. I personally made the ENTIRE dinner, and if I do say so myself, it was pretty darn good!

I make EVERYTHING from scratch.

So I started prepping everything approximately 4:00 am. At around 4:30 am, I feel something hugging my leg from behind.

"Daddy, I want to help."

"Little Dude. What are you doing up this early?"

"You have alot of work to do, and I want to help."

God how I love this kid.

He's dressed in his Sponge Bob Squarepants jammies, and has his little spongebob slippers on. I have what equates to a yellow shadow. Awesome stuff.

So, the previous weekend when we went to the 'Super Store' I told the meat department that I wanted the biggest darn turkey that they had. Well they came through. A 30 pounder! Darn thing was gigantic. It was like a dinosaur turkey and stuff.

So I go to get it out of the refrigerator, and my yellow shadow is right there 'helping' me carry it into the kitchen. So we rinse it off, and clean up the giblets.

Then I make the stuffing. I use sausage, bread cubes, butter, onions, raisins and cranberries. Sounds like an odd combination, but trust me - it is really good. People fight to take the leftovers home.

So we stuff the bird and I lace it up. We season it and put it in the oven. Barely fit in!

We make the stuffed mushrooms, greenbeans almondine, mashed potatoes, gravy, boil up the shrimp, make the croissants, bake the apples, make the pears and blue cheese.

My little helper dude is very focused on helping. The concentration on his face is so cool. Then when we finished each task, he would look up and smile and say:

"I helped you Daddy"

So the wine gets popped open, the beer is flowing, and the appetizers are being scarfed.

As is usual, within ten minutes, my wife and her sisters are fighting, and at least one of the children is crying. More often than not there are several children crying. (There are 7 children, all under the age of 6.)

So the women are fighting, and all of us manly men, are in another room watching football, trying to hide. Praying that the women folk forgot we were there. We were all dreading when one of the women folk would suddenly appear in a doorway like a spector and say something like:
"Will you get in here and help? What's wrong with you?"
My wife and her sisters are very pretty women, but when they get mad they get one eyebrow. So help me god, they get one eybrow. And when they point at you and order you to do something, the blood drains out of your body. You can all but hear the drum roll like in the olden days when a convict was marched to the gallows.

So now the women folk are all ticked off at each other and not talking. Hmmmmm............... beautiful silence.......... Ahhhhhhh...........
So we sit at the table, and I carve up the bird, and we all start to eat.
Mmmmmm..........delicous!

So I decide to break the ice.

"So how about those Eagles, huh?!"

Oh man - I got 4 very icy stares in a moments time. You should see the 4 menfolk try and slide down in their chairs being so as to be as inconspicuous as possible.

"Where's the cranberry sauce. I can't believe you forgot the cranberry sauce!"

4 male voices in unison: "I'll get it!"

So we eat the meal, in virtual silence, with a little small talk here and there. After virtually everything which was said there would be a 'pfffffttt', or an 'oh brother'.
Well at least the meal was delicous.

So now it's time for dessert. I made an apple pie, a peach pie, and a cherry pie.

I'm bringing in the cherry pie, and my dog decided to run in front of me. I tripped, and dropped the cherry pie on the carpet........

Uh-oh, the one eyebrow is staring at me. The other men folk are looking at me in sympathetic terror. That eyebrow is getting thicker and thicker. The carpet is a mess.

Oh man............. A roll or 2 of paper towels later it's not so bad.......

"You know you're going to hire a carpet cleaner to clean that don't you?"

"Yes dear........."

As I've said before, I'm a pretty big guy, and she's tiny, she's barely 5'1", and I am terrified of her.

"Well call them right now."

"But, it's Thanksgiving, they're probably not open."

"Why do you argue with everything I ask? Just call."

"Yes dear."

Trust me it's easier that way...............

So we have our dessert, drink our coffee, and tea, then sit and watch television.

I play, and wrestle with the kids until it's time for everybody to go home.

Finally, after a couple more fights amongst the womenfolk, everyone decides to go home. It's getting kind of late, and the kids are all sleepy. So everyone leaves.

"Daddy, did I help you good."

"You sure did buddy."

"I love you Daddy."

"Love ya right back Buddy."

All is good.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Lombozo..
#1..You can cook like that for me anytime...as long as I get to help too..
my mouth is watering...
Just no shrimp..iam allergic.
#2..You are such a great dad..I guess it helps when you are just a big kid at heart.
#3.. A big sweet guy like you should be treated like the king he is..of his own castle.
I'll say no more.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here's a couple of pics.

My Yellow shadow, with the donsaur turkey in the sink.

The cooked dinosaur turkey

The carved bird presentation

My table

Another of my table.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well thanks for making my mouth water even more...GEEZ!

What in the world did they feed that bird???

Even the presentation...holy crap...
And your little dude looks adorable....my god so cute...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And the boy is a cook from hell!!!

(Pulling a Homer Simpson drool now.....gachhchchh....dribble)

One 30 lb. bird...$$$$
One group of cackling women-folk....?
One huge Thanksgiving dinner...$$$$
Three pies (minus the cherry that became 'one with carpet')...$$$$
One little helper dude...

PRICELESS!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
why can't we Aussies have thanksgiving??:bnghd:

*drools at food*

EDIT: That turkey is a DIRECT descendant of a tyrannosaurus!

P.S: Lil' Lom RULES!

Roswell.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
[edit on 27-11-2007 by lombozo]

link   
Edited to say "I am such an idiot."

link   
reply to post by roswell1

Thank you! I have to agree that L'il Lom rules!

I'll set a place for you next Thanksgiving my Aussie friend. Just be forewarned. It's really hard to move after stuffing your belly full of food nonstop for a whole day.
I'm Italian. We eat. We eat, and we encourage others to eat.
My Mom Mom used to pinch my cheek and say "What? Do you a not a like-a my food? Eat lombozo, eata some more."
That's after I had my 3rd helping.............

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Little helper dude...priceless.

Adorable little guy, my freind. Lil' Lombozo.

Mutant turkey...my goodness.

Another successful Thanksgiving...with daddy's lil helper.

top topics

join