It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Massachusetts high court rules same-sex couples entitled to marry.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
actually in many points throughout history homo-sexxuality was not considered such a horrible thing, it was actually considered the norm, both the Romans and the Greeks were basically bi sexxual societies, everybody loved everybody else, no matter what the genders were, the bathhouses were very sexxual places, even though they were typically segregated by gender

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Theres so much exitement over this gay marriage law, i thought it was an infomertial

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The overzealous are always so worried about everyone else's sex life. If gays wanna get married, who cares? Doesn't phase me one bit. The xtians need to stop the 'libido' fascination, and move on to something else.

Archaic.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How does it affect other people's lives if gays get married?

That's what I don't understand. Mind your own damn business and get on with your life, and let people make their own decisions. If they want to get married, let them. They are NOT taking away any of your rights or making the country a more dangerous place to live.

It's called FREEDOM, and you should be entitled to it whether you are straight or gay.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am concerned about NAMBLA.

I am concerned about this below.

Animal Husbandry
Make available celibate, interspecies matrimony

"With an increasing number of countries allowing same-sex marriage and mounting support for animal rights, a logical next step is to make available marriage vows or legal partnership with animals. Instead of master and pet you would be Master and Misses."

It is unfair to disallow other "alternative" lifestyles martial status once one is granted it.

I am not for disallowing gay rights. They are after all still citizens.

I am against the redefinition of Marrage.

Just create domestic partners. They should be seeking civil recognition which is no problem.

But marriage is very sensative in the Jewish, Christian, Muslim world where there will be no comprimise.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why is it that anytime this subject comes up some one brings up marrying animals?? EVERY time. Are you that deranged that you liken a same sex marriage with bestiality?

What is the problem with some people? They always go to extremes. This will not lead to cross species marriage...if you believe that, then you are ignorant. Or just plain stupid.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
KrazyJethro

Not that I mind most of them, but when we start getting into NAMBLA country, I begin to get worried

I agree any one who would have sex with a child same sex or not should be shot.

But what does that have to do with two grown people getting married?

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Bush spoke against the MA decision on Thursday, promising a constitutional amendment to outlaw gay marriage.
www.foxnews.com...

I think he might run into some trouble getting enough states to agree to that one....

-B.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
1. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." --10th Amendment to the United States Constitution

The federal government does not have the constitutional power to override laws made by the states. To allow an amendment to the Constitution on this issue will, at the same time, override the 10th amendment and render it useless.

2. Marriage is a decision and vow between two consenting adults. It should not even be up for debate in the government. We allow for a child to marry an adult, if his/her parents give their consent, but we are trying to say that 2 grown adults who want to get married cannot, if they are the same sex? I think that allowing a 14 year old boy to marry a 42 year old woman (like what recently happened in Alabama) is more of an insult and a threat to the institution of marriage, then gay marriage could dream of being.

3. What exactly IS the threat to the sanctity and institution of marriage that homosexual marriages present?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join