It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were going to hit a US Army base.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com.../20071126/NATION/111260034/1001&template=nextpage

Fort Huachuca, the nation's largest intelligence-training center, changed security measures in May after being warned that Islamist terrorists, with the aid of Mexican drug cartels, were planning an attack on the facility.

Fort officials changed security measures after sources warned that possibly 60 Afghan and Iraqi terrorists were to be smuggled into the U.S. through underground tunnels with high-powered weapons to attack the Arizona Army base, according to multiple confidential law enforcement documents obtained by The Washington Times.

We gotta' close that border!

Roper

-------------------------------------
Added 'ex' tags
(Tried to get a working link)

[edit on 26/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

I agree with closing the border....this is one of the biggest national security threats that this country has facing it right now.

Look at what the Homeland security has done with the ports.

- Have radiation testers everywhere and inspect every inch of a incoming container. Yet here at the border the flood of immigrants continues, you think that Mexico has the same strict port guidlines that we do? Something to think about............

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If any thing the Mexican drug cartels are keeping the border safe from terrorism its bad for their biz.

I bet they keep a closer eye on the border than home land security........

But what do i know, I just cross the damn thing every day.........

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Izarith]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Time for a wakeup call recruits!

The Major is pretty darn tootin' sure that sooner or later there will be an attack on this great nation's soil. The Major doubts it will be a military installation. The terrorist is a coward, and as a coward the terrorist is going to attatck the softest target possible. Islamic terror, coming to a shopping mall near you.

Dismissed.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

If there are cells here I've always wondered why they haven't hit our malls during the Christmas season. I hope it doesn't come true but it would definitely hurt the economy by keeping everyone at home. Internet shopping would go through the roof though.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No, probably not Ft. Huachuca. Probably another military base slated for closing anyway. Probably on Christmas Eve. It will maximize the religious fervor. Maybe start up a slogan campaign "Kill an Iranian for Christ." Something catchy like that. Make sure that the atomic bomb fragments have Ahmadenijad fingerprints on it. (I know, I know, but everybody will go for it!) Then nuke Iran in our unending battle for Christian World Peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Homeland Security? Pah!

I've met a few people who work at Homeland Security. They all say its a joke. There is no way with their budget or time constraints could they scan every single cargo that flows through our ports. Like everything else, Homeland Security is another set of smoke and mirrors to ease the public's worries about terrorism.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This story is about to be mentioned on Foxnews the Partisan Preaching pulpit.

anyway just thought that was interesting and added to validity to the original post..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

WOW.... This administration's aggression shouldn't be associated with Christianity. As a matter of fact this country is doing everything it possibly can to distance itself from Christianity.

And we all know that the religion of peace has no part in nearly every violent action throughout the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In my opinion, closing the border seems like a good idea but how much illegal immigration and terrorism will we actually stop? Remember when china was isolated from the rest of the world? although we can never do that seeing as we need to import and export..... hmmm

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Heard this on the news on the radio today. Can't find the story at the Arizona Republic website (newspaper).
I guess it's not an important story to the editors. Figures.

Maybe now the government will secure the AZ border? Ya. I'm not holding my breath either.

[edit on 11/26/07 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i saw this this morning as well..
wanna know what, its been in the works for years i found this article in 2005 about terrorists infiltrating the mexican border. meanwhile bush has only funded 1/10 of the funding for border security.

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005 3:15 p.m. EST
Al-Qaida Operative Nabbed Near Mexican Border

An al-Qaida operative who was on the FBI's terrorist watch list was recently captured near the Mexican border, housed in a Texas jail and turned over to federal agents, Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas, said on Friday.

there are individuals from countries with known al-Qaida connections who are changing their Islamic surnames to Hispanic-sounding names and obtaining false Hispanic identities, learning to speak Spanish and pretending to be Hispanic immigrants."

"And these are clearly Arab terrorists," Rep. Culberson added, "from countries like Yemen, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. They're crossing the border, pretending to be Hispanic immigrants, and then disappearing

Conservatives such as Tancredo are angry that Bush has funded only one-tenth of the new Border Patrol agents that Congress has authorized

archive.newsmax.com...

remember when bush said your either with us or against us? also saying that they will go after folks HARBORING terrorists? well where is the outrage to the mexican government for stopping the cartels from harboring and aiding terrorists into america. what do they think people from the middle east smuggling SAM's into america are up to? picking fruit?
if a terrorist attack happens where the terrorists come through the mexican border i will lay the blame directly on the Bush administration for failing (or refusing) to secure the border. i cant have shampoo on a plane but 2000 miles of my countries border is wide open. what a joke.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
also the OP link doesnt seem to be working..

i'll try to post one washingtontimes.com.../20071126/NATION/111260034/1001

the story is disappearing from the news sites, i've only found it on fox in a video. Reuters, AP cnn. not posting it.
it was posted here as well in case washington times pulls it as well.
oneoldvet.com...

interesting video.. --www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by turbokid]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
on ur 6, with all due respect, I have a sparkling clear memory of Sprout walking the back 40 speaking of how he 'talks with God' and what not with cbs, fox, or whoever I cannot remember presently.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Found this news item at the site of a Phoenix talk radio station:

A threat to Arizona's military: Terrorists planning an attack at Fort Huachuca

Back in May, there was a change of security at Fort Huachuca after an FBI warning. We're now learning more about that FBI report. Spokesman Lt. Colonel Matthew Garner says the report talks about people coming across the border with weapons. The Washington Times is reporting Islamic terrorists were planning the attack. About sixty terrorists, some already in the country, were involved in the plot. They were to be smuggled into the country by paying drug cartels about twenty thousand dollars apiece for the trip. The Times says high-powered weapons, including anti-tank missiles, grenade launchers, and Soviet-made surface-to-air missiles, were smuggled through underground tunnels.

Also, here's the Washington Times link again. I couldn't get the previous ones to work.
Terrorists target Army base in AZ

[edit on 11/26/07 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Don't believe me if you wish.

But the Mexican government is very clever and knows a lot more than most people would think about what goes on in its country.

The same as drug cartels in Mexico don't get one gram of coke into the US with out the US knowing about it.

Just to let Americans know it is very simple to stop illegal immigration, just stop giving them jobs. Oh but who will work them? Just have some babies a lot of them.

If 12,000,000 Americans went to Mexico to try to get a job maybe three of them would. Every single Mexican in Mexico has to prove that he or she is a Mexican to get a job in Mexico, and that's a fact........

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I always find it funny how whenever something is going wrong people blame it on the Mexicans. Isn't it ironic how WE want our standard of living and the low prices we pay to stay the same, while we want all the illegals to go? Wake up America. It's like having a car without wheels. You can't have it both ways. I am totally in favor of legal immigration but, when a business needs labor and can't find it during low unemployment and the government doesn't help, the business turns on the SURVIVAL button.

Also, there is absolutely no proof that terrorists are coming from the southern border. As a matter of fact, there is plenty of proof that they have been coming from the northern border (the less obvious border). New Year's Eve 2000 ring a bell? The border issue is just a ploy to keep us divided and have the masses on the PATRIOTIC mode, joining forces with the vigilantes. Come on people, don't be sheeple and look at the obvious. This is nothing but a ploy so that we continue giving our liberties away in the name of the "war on terror"; "the war against illegal immigration"; "the war on drugs".

When was the last time we won a true war? Last time I checked, we were losing every war: drugs, education, illegal immigration...need me to go on?

How do you think the US gets their money for all the black projects (i.e., creation of Al-CIAeda...I mean Al-Qaeda, etc.).

Maybe winning a war is the equivalent of a pharmaceutical company finding a cure. The more the war lasts, the more profitable it gets for the defense industry; the less cures and more symptoms treated, the more profitable it gets for the pharmaceutical industry.

Do you see the trend here? Divide and conquer. The more divided we are, the weaker we become. As long as there are simply two political parties, nothing will change. Maybe we need the American or Constitution party for a change. But no, that would make us united and strong. Not good. Right?

[edit on 27-11-2007 by manticore]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
what does this have to do with mexicans? im also in favor of legal immigration. but ignoring the FACT that terrorists have been crossing the border from mexico and canada will not get us anywhere. in any country border security is very important.
illegal immigrants aside, there is a problem with keeping threats to our security at the border under control. What do you think we should do just pull all security agents from the borders because we are divided on the immigration issue? the matter of safety is at stake here.

quote of the day:

"At a time when we are being asked to sacrifice our own rights as citizens, which do you think will make you safer from a terrorist. Knowing which books he read at the library, or keeping the terrorist out of our country in the first place?"

-C. COLLIER

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Turbokid, here's my solution:

We get 100% out of Iraq and let the Iraqis deal with their civil war. Put the troops on our borders, protecting us and spending their money here. We are safer with our troops here and our economy needs their spending here, not there. This is just a small aspect of the solution. Let's stop intervening in every conflict and deal with our problems here, which are plenty.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by manticore
Turbokid, here's my solution:

We get 100% out of Iraq and let the Iraqis deal with their civil war. Put the troops on our borders, protecting us and spending their money here. We are safer with our troops here and our economy needs their spending here, not there. This is just a small aspect of the solution. Let's stop intervening in every conflict and deal with our problems here, which are plenty.

i agree. 100%

but i guess its going to take another terror attack to wake up washington.
is the latino vote really worth turning a blind eye to this very real problem?
since this is a conspiracy theory website. could this be part of the plan to reel in the north american union?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join