It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astounding Moon Footage! Did NASA Want You To See This?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Frankly, I really don't know what to make of this! NASA footage of the Moon that shows something like smoke emanating from a smokestack/chimney! This is probably the result of a glitch in the camera or processing anomaly.
Have a look...

The August, 2003 issue of Electric Space Craft, a scientific journal, contains an amazing series of images taken from NASA footage included in the TV program, NOVA: To the Moon. The significance of the images has only recently been noticed.

As Apollo 8 orbited 70 miles above the lunar surface, with Earth in the background, it filmed the ground below. At one point, a small, black object, tall and cylindrical, appears jutting from the moon. Just as the camera is about to pass by, the strange object clearly releases a jet-like cloud. It looks like a smokestack ejecting a puff of smoke. The cloud drifts to the right and then dissipates.

Still from the animated gif below. Note the
object toward the bottom center.

Assembled animated gif from footage.
Courtesy: L.E.M.U.R Paranormal Investigations.

Considering the height it was taken from,it must be thousands of feet tall! Heck! What if it cannot be explained? Could it then imply an Alien presence on the Moon?

In 2006, L.E.M.U.R. learned from a NASA affiliate (whose connection to NASA was independently confirmed) that top NASA officials privately claim this footage is indeed legitimate. However, certain aspects related to this footage are highly classified, and the matter is under investigation.

Who these so-called 'top' NASA officials are, we may never know. And therefore, credibility may have taken a beating here! But then, what if it is legit?

Cheers!

Ref:
shadowboxent.brinkster.net...

[Edit to add:]

I would also like to mention the very idea of a ‘tower’ or a ‘smoke stack’ on the Moon is considered way beyond credibility. I wouldn’t go that far. Because there’s something that does resemble what is seen in the animation above, but much clearer.

Take a peek at this image by Apollo 16 which I have posted later and thought of reproducing here:

Apollo Orbital Image AS16/H/AS16-118-18957.
Courtesy: Keith Laney

Original Apollo Image

So is there something more than meets the eye?

[edit on 26-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Nice, I have never seen this footage before but thanks for posting. I am of the firm belief that there has always been an alien prescence living inside the moon, and that the moon is just a gigantic mothership of sorts. Why they are there is anyones guess but the coincidences of the size of the moon, distance etc are all too much for me...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Definitely the most interesting moon footage I've seen in a long time. Great find.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've examined the footage. having taking numerous photography courses I can safely come to the conclusion that it's a dirty lens. perhaps a hair or fabric got into the developing and made it out to look that way. could also be a burn in the film, but it's a micro defect. Cameras and film get beaten up in space and function funny in space. hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I've examined the footage. having taking numerous photography courses I can safely come to the conclusion that it's a dirty lens. perhaps a hair or fabric got into the developing and made it out to look that way. could also be a burn in the film, but it's a micro defect. Cameras and film get beaten up in space and function funny in space. hope this helps.

Oh poo. Everyone seems determined to kill the dream.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

IMO the burn or camera flaw would follow the camera shot not the moon. The dark image stays stead fast to the moon, the camera is moving over it. I don't see what lead you to your conclusion.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

Oh poo. Everyone seems determined to kill the dream.

Sorry friend. Having seen numerous films from the 50's and 60's. you can always see those types of burns in film, technical blemishes or other funny dirty fabric on film. I'm taking a film class right now and every black and white film has a black spot or funny thing in it. it was just the way the films came out back then. George Lucas had to go back and clean all his films for the DVD and it the old movies you could see things like that, so he had to go in there and delete them digitally.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I agree, they black blob is clearly fixed to the moon, If it was something on the lens etc, it would track with the camera

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the figure stays above the crater. on the same are around the crater to the right side up. the camera is moving and the spot is always on the same. ok I admit it's very odd, what can I say? it does look like a man with a rocket. Maybe boba fett had launched his rocket from the moon and payed us a visit.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
you can always see those types of burns in film, technical blemishes or other funny dirty fabric on film.

Wouldn't a 'burn' have stayed permanently on the film? Here the 'smoke' shoots out from whatever that object is and then disappears. Similarly, dirt on the lens would have stayed till the end. (Until an alien cleaned up the lens whilst in orbit!!
)

Just my $0.02!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Shouldn't be soo quick to say it's on the film. The first thing I would have taken into consideration is the fact that it stayed it the same spot while the camera moved. Oh and the "smoke" leaves a shadow on the moon.

Towards the right of it, you see that the very black "smoke" is casting a grey shadow on the moon.

Don't know what it is, but it's not a dirty lens or burnt film.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I must agree with Jedimiller and Rhain, I've come across this footage before and the explanation was a camera fault, hence it follows the the camera shot.

I think the 'smoke' is some sort of internal reflection. The dirt may appear to come in and out of view depending on how it's illuminated by the sun.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I might of found the answer here,

smokestack

Apparently it was not originally a motion film but a photo, someone recorded zooming into the original photo, which gives the impression of a movie, the anomly is not present on the original photo, so must be a defect on the camera used to zoom.

Does look good though, had me going for a while.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

thanks for your "expert" opinion...

The fact that the object stays in the same position on the surface of the moon clearly suggests that the object IS on the moon. If it were a smudge on the camera then it would appear to be moving along the surface of the moon, with the camera...

Great Find OP!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

thanks for your "expert" opinion...

nice to help. but see, the film in the camera moves very fast, and if there's a piece of garbage there, whatever size it may be. it may move with the film inside the rotating reels. this would move the dirt around in the case until it may fall off or be blown off the film. as to move within the film and detacht. there's also lots of "wind and spin" inside the reels and such that the dirt may move all around.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RancidCat

Yeah, I had gone through this 'Bad Astronomy' site for an explanation. I wasn't too convinced at the elucidation. Which was...

Evidently, the NOVA director had the still photograph put up on an easel or frame and then zoomed in on the image. That creates an illusion of motion, when of course you cannot get real motion from a single photograph.

This is nonsense and poppycock! Do you seriously believe this so called explanation? Like a bunch of toads who didn't know that this was the result of 'zooming-in' creating the 'illusion'??? So the director of NOVA didn't chance upon this simple explanation? And the many others who have studied it with a tooth-comb?

That 'Bad Astronomy' site really gets my goat sometimes.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

This is nonsense and poppycock! Do you seriously believe this so called explanation?

That 'Bad Astronomy' site really gets my goat sometimes.

Phil has been on coast to coast am numerous times with george. there's nothing poppycocky about him he runs the site, he's an astronomer and a very good educator indeed. have you heard of him before?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This came up in another thread recently so I will post what I did there.

Apparently it is a series of frames put together from Apollo 8 magazine B images.

It is difficult identifying which frames have been used the nearest comparison I can make are AS08-14-2389 to AS08-14-2395 any combination of which could have been used if they were cropped to exclude the frame of the viewing port.

These images can be ordered from here:

Source

Unfortunately the images there are just low-res so you would have to order the the hi-res versions from JSC to hopefully reproduce the frame sequence and therefore effect of the footage from Nova's To The Moon.

I actually bought the DVD specifically to look at that 4 or 5 sec clip but had no way of capturing it so I think the best way would from the originals which may or may not be the proper frames.

Incidently it is not a bad dvd to watch and is cheap as chips you can get it amazon.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well I hate to admit it but that Bad Astronomy link I think, is correct. Only because they make me ill, I mean they have an astronaut with boxing gloves on as there front page! is he ready to attack opposing views?

Anyway the Earth in the gif grows too much in size to be footage taken from an object moving in 3d space, normally there would be no noticeable change in the size of the earth, just like there is no apparent change in size in the moon when footage is taken on earth. You can also see fingerprints on it that grow, and shouldn't reappear on subsequent frames.
Sorry Mike.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by squiz]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This has already been debated and de-bunked here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join