It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographs Of The USS Eldridge Disappearing !! Is It True?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Where is the water displacement? There is none.

If there was an invisible ship there, you would see a segment of missing water in the shape of the ships bottom.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Project Rainbow / Philadelphia Experiment

At the outset I would like to mention that I am a little skeptical about these photographs which show the of USS Eldridge disappearing in successive frames! The article was written by Rohn DeSilva, who claims he has worked for Motorola as a software engineer. I’ve tried to contact him but to no avail.

Has anyone got more info on the photographs from other sources to corroborate what he is claiming? If it’s true, then this would lay bare a huge government conspiracy and denials of any project by that name which involved experiments for making a ship disappear!

Here are the photographs:

-snip-
A green fog was seen to slowly envelop the ship, concealing it from view. Then the fog it self disappeared, taking the Eldridge with it, leaving only undisturbed water where the ship had been anchored only a few minutes before.
-snip-
www.geocities.com...

Comparing the pictures to the statement.

The ship is partially visible in the second shot, whereas the statement says it should be concealed from view.
The third shot shows disturbed water, whereas the statement says it was undisturbed.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Its FAKE!

There is no wake UNDER the ship unless it was "skipping" just above the surface of the water.

Nice try but no cigar.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The third and last picture also shows repetitive patterns all over which is typical for the 'cloning tool' in digital photo manipulation software. Clear case. FAKE FAKE FAKE !!!

Thanks for the enlargement.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The proof is in the photos themselves.

Each is a unique moment in the transition to invisiblity!

And yet the wave pattern is exactly the same in each.

They are shops of the same photo. If they were taken at different times the waves would vary subtly.

For instance compare the dark spots along the lower edge of each copy of the photo.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the entire "Philadelphia Experiment" has been proven to be the delusions of a mentally challenged individual by the name of Carlos Allende Sp? so as such, these can't be pictures of an event that never happened. The Eldridge wasn't in the port claimed at the time the supposed experiment happened. Also, There seems to be some confusion with equipment on board the Eldridge that was used for degaussing which dealt with I think it's radar cross section, not something to make it physically invisible.

Edit: Not for radar avoidance but for magnetically triggered torpedoes and mines.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Zenagain]

Also, the photo used in the photoshopping is the same photo of the Eldridge in the Wikipedia article.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What is wrong with most of the individuals who believe such nonsense? How can so many of them be so fooled so easy. Bigfoot tromps around in the woods, foever undetected, excep by the choosen few. Nobody can seem to take a CLEAR picture of the thing. The LochNess monster remains just out of sight no matter how sofisticated the science used to "find" it. Elvis is still alive, he's just hiding someplace. Man never walked on the moon, and a United States Destory just goes "by by"....way back there in 1943. Isn't it amazing how smart they were 63 years ago, but today are having trouble creating a car that will not blow poisions out its tailpipe. You want the truth? Can you handle the TRUTH!? There was an experiment! Nothing happened!! Sometimes I really do believe that this country promotes conspiracey just to hide what they are working on. The publik will oblidge them in a heartbeat, especially with the UFO insanity. I am writting a book on this unadulterated crap.......Soon, those with minds that are not controlled can find the TRUTH. But I really do not believe that is what they are looking for!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The photos are fake, the ship was stationary in the harbour when the experiment took place, not at sea. There is a lot of disinfo out there about this, and for good reason. If American ever found out the truth of this experiment and the ramifications that followed, they would raise all sorts of hell.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I've been told this story since I was a child, there is suppousely a book that a few of the survivers wrote that of course our government has. As far as the pictures it's hard to tell anything by them other than the water around the ship is never disturbed. There was survivors this I know so how come we never talked to any of them?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This will clear it up for good. I decided to open up Photoshop and point out the graphical faults of the picture.

The zoomed picture in the middle is a distinct part of the wave that stays the same in every picture.

The other less-bold squares are the locations of where the image has been "cloned" - where the person has used the image on top of the ship to repeat over the space where the ship is no longer, to fill up the empty black or white space. You can see that these patterns are only where the ship use to be and aren't in any other image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ae87744f283.jpg[/atsimg]

For some reason the page is cutting out the last picture.
Just click this link.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26/2/09 by Nventual]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Well thought. I didn't think of the high speed camera/quick disappearance aspect. I did notice the waves were the same. If someone went to the effort of editing out the ship, you would think they would have touched up the waves also.

But how long would it take the ship to disappear? It's possible it could be instantly.

I was about to decide fake, but your helpful insight has left me undecided.

EDIT:

Originally posted by triplesod
Where is the water displacement? There is none.

Yep. You've done it for me. I rule fake too now.

[edit on 26/2/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The full size picture I posted should get rid of any extra belief you had that it could possibly be real. Click the link though.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you look at the ripples in the water on the bottom of the pictures you can see the patterns stay exactly the same.

Whatever made you think that its possible that it might be three separate pictures??

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
dis you see the orion conspiracy? 6min 12seconds into the movie, they show the actual arial photos of the eldrige disappearing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join