It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Aliens visit us. So we have free-energy. So what?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

If free energy exists, let's see the proof! You can't have claims of suppression until you have proof that the feat could be pulled off in the first place!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think this topic has drifted. I'd like to return to Diplomat's original question: "So what?" Most people here have taken off on this as if the questioner were trying to manipulate Diplomat into giving up his quest for knowledge.

I think you could take the question an entirely different way. IF Disclosure happened and IF there actually were 'free energy,' what would that mean? Would all the world's problems be solved? Heavens no. Even if everyone had unlimited energy there would still be 'haves' and 'have nots' because anyone with the least bit more than anyone else would be the new 'haves.' There areas of the world today where people are considered 'poor' because they drive old cars and live in houses with only a few electrical outlets--both which represent untold riches to 18th century people. (And yes, there are people who have none of that and no food--no question about that). The point is that avarice would not disappear.

And there would still be religious conflicts because Jesus is better than Allah, er, I mean Allah is better than Jesus, er, I mean Moroni is better than Allah or Jesus--you know what I mean. That won't change. If you look at areas of the world where the population basically does have enough energy, does have enough to eat, and does have shelter, there are still conflicts over control that have nothing to do with those issues. People go on strike because they might have to take some responsibility for their health benefits. That kind of stuff won't change.

Now as far 'free energy' goes, those who believe in these fantasies have never studied physics. You can't violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics, period. End of story. Making up a conspiracy to explain why those devices are not omnipresent won't help your cause or get them magically invented. If you invest in a company that claims they are 'just about there,' you are as foolish as one who believes a long lost relative has just died in Nigeria and left you a fortune. The idea of these devices being available has been around since the nineteenth century and the subject of huxterism since then as well. Every time one has been demonstrated it just so happens that there is some 'secret' that can't be told--like an extension cord buried in the sawdust to 'get it going' for example. If you really could get free energy from a device you could hold in the palm of your hand, you'd have one. You can't suppress that kind of thing that long. 'Big Oil' has nothing to do with it. 'Big Physics' does.

There is one free-energy device that has hope, and that is solar power. There have been tremendous advances in solar power technology in the last couple of years, including the use of nano-technology. It is now a viable alternative and if we invest in it--correction--WHEN we invest in it solar power will be the free energy device equivalent. It's going to solve some serious issues just in time. If there REALLY is a lack of oil, then solar power will 'save' us. It's also the best example of the phrase, 'civilization is a running battle between technological advances and disaster.'

(Want a conspiracy theory for another thread? Oil isn't a fossil fuel; it's not made from dinosaurs and old forests. It's a hydrocarbon and there's plenty more. We're TOLD we're running out, but that's not really true. The higher the price of oil, the more there is because it's economically more viable to go get it.)

In this context, the question, "So what" has a different meaning. Why are we spending time on Disclosure, which we can't do much about and may not be true anyway, and so-called 'free energy,' which is a crock, when we could be spending time working out the issues with solutions we know are viable and possible with today's technologies. It's as if we want to trade today's known problems (and known solutions) for a set of unknown problems and unknown solutions which are likely to leave us worse off than before. Known problems are bearable; it's the unknown ones that will get you.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the Best reply to the "so what" is that we don't live in caves and eat raw meat, that invalidates the "so what" argument. it's the "what if" that has made the world what it is today.
as far as "free" energy goes no there is no such thing as free (something from nothing) energy, there IS however energy that is free as in it costs nothing to tap into (the department of Canadian transportation has had it since 1952) check the FOIA repository

Smith Memo

[edit on 26-11-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

I'm not so sure anti-gravity is impossible by the laws of physics, scrammy, after all, a unified field theory, which pretty much everyone believes in (we just don't know what one would look like yet), predicts that gravity is a field just like electricity and magnetism and can be manipulated accordingly.

Yes I agree. But I don't believe we are in possesion of the technology. The problem is electricity and magnetism have long since been tied together but gravity continues to remain a mystery. All UFO maneuvers certainly are possible with such a technology. So maybe we should take these reports at face value and assume that UFOs provide direct evidence of this possibility.
Or maybe that's jumping to conclusions.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think that people as a whole need to be told about more than just free energy, in order for this to work. I am not saying "hey lets give em this ability and everyone on the planet will immediately stop suffering". I think that, along with free energy and the likes, the truth about reality and about consciousness and ALL of that needs to be revealed...

It's a huge chunk of information that might take people a decade or two to fully digest...

But.... it's just really hard for people in the know to get this across to people who question the validity of these claims, because of all the dogmas that must be penetrated in order to do so.

Let me repeat this for you.... PHYSICS as we know it only applies to THIS physical world that we can see, touch, and measure... but there are underlying causes for everything in this physical realm which we inhabit, which SHAPES these laws into solidity. You can either accept that, or you can't.

It's not quite as easy as "here ya go, here's a graph, here's a picture, here's a printout of readings from a measuring device." and that's NOT a cop out. It's beyond words and pictures. You can't talk about free energy without talking about extraterrestrials, UFOs, the "paranormal", spirituality.... because one thing leads to the other. I'm still searching for proof myself, but I've gotten this far. One thing leads me to another, and what's important is that you prove it to yourself. If you go about saying "that's impossible. That's impossible. show me proof. show me evidence. I demand it." ...well then you've already made up your mind.

I am a liar. I must be imagining things or mispercieving things... because I can't give you a photograph. Hey I'm sorry, but I don't even OWN a camera, and how am I supposed to give you a picture of free energy, anyway? I'm not some guru who can cal upon UFOs to appear at my will for all to see how free energy works in action. I haven't seen anything in months. The burden of proof lies squarely upon the person who demands it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Unless... I'm promising free energy and then charging people a fee for wanting to know about it, which I'm not doing. I'm just explaining to you that it exists. Proof? My word and my memories are my proof.

Take it or leave it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If you want me to elaborate more, sure! I can do that... but I think that might be for another post. It's more of an experience than a free energy story... but I have no doubt whatever it was had been using some sort of unlimited energy power source, or at the very least, something with a propulsion system that did not create any emissions or noise or anything.

A propulsion system that used small amounts of renewable energy even, THAT is 110% most definitely a reality, and even that in itsself would benefit the whole world greatly.

Either way, even petrol powered vehicles today could be much more energy efficient than the companies design them to be.

No doubt to anyone that there IS an energy conspiracy going on.

That's something that is well known knowledge.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
General Eyes, I completely understand the point you are making, but how would nothing but ill come from free-energy for everyone? When I think of some "utopia" planet out there in the Universe somewhere, I start with a planet that doesn't have to worry about gas or electricity bills.

Funny, I'd start with a planet that doesn't have hunger, drug abuse, incurable diseases, and "unwanted undesirables". Not to mention an entirely holistic and harmonious populace with no crime, no need for crime and certainly, no need for war or weapons.

Until then - I maintain my stance on this issue, and that's final.

Resources are always used to fuel someone's agenda, but FREE-ENERGY? This is something the public has never heard of. I see BP commercials where supposed "average" people are saying things like "we need more solar and whatever power." They have no clue.

Those "average people" are also paid actors. Probably safe on the Motheship if on this planet at all.

Are we living in the same America here, or I did miss the ship to Earth-7 again?

You wouldn't let a child play with a loaded handgun? How is harnessing the energy provided by a planet for everyone as a whole like playing with a handgun? In my eyes only good can come from it.

Oh wait...nevermind and disregard all previous posts of mine. Your concept and my concept of "Free Energy" aren't even from the same source!

I beg of your apologies.

Tricky though. I almost gave up the goods. Close, but no cigar.

*kinda new here - still getting my bearings...sorry for the intrusion -*

[edit on 26-11-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
The problem is electricity and magnetism have long since been tied together but gravity continues to remain a mystery.

While I don't want to come across as a charlatan I am in the process of designing (and hopefully one day manufacturing) a device that operates off the highlighted principles above.

I won't give any details as I do NOT have a patent yet... but if you know anything about current fuel oil engines and keep the emboldened part above in mind, I can almost (80% likely as I have not completely manufactured the object yet) Guarantee that I can create you a motor that operates completely fuel free.

Free Energy is not a violation of physics... any scholar will tell you it is FEASIBLE using a mix of physical laws. The key is to open your mind and approach the problem from the perspective of "How Can I MAKE if work?" as opposed to "by the laws of Physics it won't work".

The reason this is such a questionable issue is due to the fact that there IS a possibility for free energy... but the only people who have embraced it have been out to get rich. as opposed to just making a quick buck AND saving the world.

And to answer any questions, yes I expect to make money off of this idea... If you had something that you created wouldn't you want to ensure your child's future from the profits of that creation?
But If it works I will share it with the world...

just don't expect any results as this is a quarter million to half a million dollar final design; and I don't have that kinda cash to throw around.

So to the point of the OP... to 'So What?' I have to say

"your what... If you don't care about what your leaders hide from you, what keeps you from being a slave? Slavery didn't die with the civil war... It was just eventually renamed "minimum wage". As Chris rock said "all that means is your boss is saying 'If I could pay you less... I WOULD'. So... do you really want to be a slave to the system? Flipping burgers at McDonald's wondering if your lights will be on when you get home? Or are you willing to question your society, learn something about yourself and your world? and then utilize that knowledge to change the world??? and make yourself a success while your at it? "

Thats about the best argument I can throw down for a fellow 20 something(or a teen) that questioned why I read about these topics. I hope you can see the approach I am going for there... then you should manipulate it to best put a little fear in your friends heart (utilize the dark sides tactics to your favor...
)

ohhhkkkk... I'm done typing now...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I somehow agree that the "so what" statement can put you in a relaxed state of mind, and just go about your business. Just remember that you have the power to make the choice.

about the whole free energy subject i have been doing some intense studies on it, and i like to rephrase it to "clean energy", makes more sence and eliminates all the "free energy is impossible" statements.

to Jim_Kraken:

please look at the videos on this site and read the text below also, and deside for yourself if this classifies as "free energy".

watercar

Think about all the hybrid cars comming out now...do some research on hydrogen and electrolyse and see what you find...hybrid cars are yet another try from the oil industry to say "we care about the enviroment too!! (aslong as you keep using fossil fuels)".

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
I won't give any details as I do NOT have a patent yet......but the only people who have embraced it have been out to get rich. as opposed to just making a quick buck AND saving the world.......And to answer any questions, yes I expect to make money off of this idea.....If you had something that you created wouldn't you want to ensure your child's future from the profits of that creation?

Right. You don't have a patent, everyone else in this has wanted to get rich, but only you want to get rich and, umm, save the world. What's the difference between you and the other guys, then? A PATENT means you own the idea for X number of years and no one else can use it. So you want to use the legal system to lock up a technology that will free the world? Whoa! If you DO have this energy technology that will free the world and make things all better, it would seem to me that giving the idea away, making sure everyone had copies so it couldn't be suppressed, publishing it in thousands of places on the Internet, would 'ensure your child's future' and everyone else's as well.

For the sake of argument let us assume everything you say about this device is true, thus earning you a Nobel Prize at the very least. Sitting on it because you don't have a patent to lock in your profits does not strike me as particularly benificient nor humanitarian.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the people whoa re saying "so what" are probably living very comfortable lives,using massive amounts of energy.

not anyone is as fortunate as you,free energy would significantly improve lives of billions of people!!!!!!!!

it would stop global warming in its tracks,stop the pollution of the atmosphere which you obviously dont know about!!!!.

and as for alien life,it would have vast implications for our understanding of us and the universe!!!!!

bah!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

it is not against the laws of physics,free means unlimited.if you develop working, energy creating fusion powered by hydrogen,as hydrogen is almost an unlimited
fuel source it is virtually free.

it doesnt mean free as in out of nowhere,it simply means an unlimited fuel source,such as gravity,zero point energy and so on.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

The importance of free energy, and a government cover up of ET tech. The suppresion of such technology is for monetary gain of the few elite in a most greedy and malicious way. The release of free energy technology would stabilize many of the global transportaion, environmental, economical, and health problems. It would promote a better life for all of the earths species, but a big financial loss for the few elite.
As to the importance of revealing ET life. I and many others believe such a revelation would bring man together as a species. It would bring us to the next level in society, cooperation, religon, and self awareness in earths majority population. These are very important topics to all on this planet.
Unless you are TOTALY SELF ABSORBED, then if so....SO WHAT?...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the Original Poster's question about so what , when it concerns free energy , the truth and , hell... even imagination , is.. in short general apathy. Tapping energy reserves at little or no cost is , imho , a very worth while endeavor. If the so what argument won every time , there would be no innovation , invention and *gasp* no technology. As far as energy being available for little or no cost to tap into , That is not an impossibility. Many of our perceptions on the subject matter has been jaded by quacks , scam artists and schemers. But that does not mean that it is an impossibility.

Conspiracy against disclosure of such technologies may have taken place in the past. In this age of the internet , where innovation and collaboration happen at the speed of light..... or at the speed of fiber. the cover up and the burying of such information takes place in the form of disinformation and "debunking" by "experts" on the given subject. And given that some "expert" says it is impossible , it is enough to stop people from trying the experiment themselves and proving to themselves that it is "bunk" or real.

I can't recall who said it .. but I am reminded of a quote ..

He who shouts loudest is hiding the most.

Delusional , you may call me. But I have always lived by a simple rule.

Can't is another word for won't . The only thing we can't do is what we won't do... everything else is possible given enough time and effort.

|| is it?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Alright...so I've asked for proof of free energy and what have I got?

1) "I've seen it, but I can't provide you with any proof"
2) "I'm working on it" (so have about a billion other people, who have failed)
3) "Water car!" (heavily debunked-en.wikipedia.org...)

Guys, quit wasting your energy (no pun intended) on a fever dream!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
Here's what I mean when I say free energy is a waste of time:

1. We know it's a violation of the laws of physics.
2. Hundreds, perhaps thousands have tried to accomplish it and all have failed.

Time to move on to something worthwhile!

Since we know everything there is to know about physics, I guess it would be time to move on. My buddy's 2-year old is amazed by a light bulb going on and off. He knows that when daddy moves his hand on the wall, the light comes on. He laughs uncontrollably and points at it. Looks like he knows all there is to know about how light bulbs work, and should move on to something else too.

I'd be willing to wager that our current understanding of the laws of physics will not be the same in 1,000 years. Just like how many firm beliefs of 1,000 years ago have been proven to be foolish in today's age. The cycle will continue. If I missed the memo that we're the intellectual masters of the universe, please disregard.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by D_Hoffman

Well, how many total failures are we to accept with no progress being made towards the goal of "free energy" before we quit? I say move on to spending your time and/or money on something that actually works!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Answer is simple; without distributed energy via-corporate run organisations, the world economy would collapse.

Much of modern day industry relies on the various sources of energy (non-renewable) to function as part of that industry and produce a product with which to sell.

This is true right across the world - in EVERY resource-collecting/manufacturing job role fuel is required, and that means that human beings have become... dependant on that fuel to survive.

Few people truly know what it means to be dependant on fuel, economically.

It is true that with free energy we could acheive far more than we currently do in industry, however it we cannot acheive anything until we find a way to function our economy without fossil fuels.

In blunt terms; We cannot use 'free-energy' because it would destroy Capitalism and everything that capitalism has brought to the modern world.

In terms that would suit a sociologist/economic reason; 'Free-Energy' is Incompatible with modern society.

You could perhaps say that those countries in the world not as advanced as our 'civilised' societies are would be at a better advantage to use 'Free-Energy' than the majority of the western world.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim_Kraken
reply to post by D_Hoffman

Well, how many total failures are we to accept with no progress being made towards the goal of "free energy" before we quit? I say move on to spending your time and/or money on something that actually works!

sarcasm

As many as it takes to make it work and refine the technology to a commercially / military exploitable reality or apathy to set in.

End sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join